Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone left 1/6 scale for the 1/4 scale? Kind of thinking of doing so.

Any pros and cons besides space issues. I mainly an Iron Man collector, so I'm thinking I could play catch up relatively quickly.
What I love about the 1/4 scales is the cooler base and the ease of lighting up the figure as well as the base via ac adapter easier than with 1/6.

Do these guys feel or look cheap in person? I know Hot Toys makes quality stuff, but for some reason I find 11"-13" the sweet spot for me and I"m wondering having these guys on the larger end would they handle decently and/or look cheap.

Thoughts?

Pretty much me, at least for Iron Mans. The diecast 1/6 aren't worth the ever increasing cost, I have the QS 42 and 43 and they are a big step up from 1/6 in detail and engineering, I sold my DC Mk43 so fast after the QS came in it was so toyish in comparison. I don't care for the red on this Mk3 but I'll probably end up with the Mk2 when it comes around in 1/4. The QS line is heavy and solid, most of the joints are metal. I don't even use stands on mine, they're planted. I fully expect they'll do more of the original 7, slowly but surely. HT is about out of Iron Man in 1/6 to exploit.

Ec7mtNx.jpg

Pretty much me, at least for Iron Mans. The diecast 1/6 aren't worth the ever increasing cost, I have the QS 42 and 43 and they are a big step up from 1/6 in detail and engineering, I sold my DC Mk43 so fast after the QS came in it was so toyish in comparison. I don't care for the red on this Mk3 but I'll probably end up with the Mk2 when it comes around in 1/4. The QS line is heavy and solid, most of the joints are metal. I don't even use stands on mine, they're planted. I fully expect they'll do more of the original 7, slowly but surely. HT is about out of Iron Man in 1/6 to exploit.

Ec7mtNx.jpg

Appreciate the input. These guys look awesome! How much do these guys weigh? Hiw much do they with the regular stands or with the Deluxe stands? I'm trying to figure out display options.

Ec7mtNx.jpg

A little confused - the seated figures aren't the 1/6 diecast versions, are they?

Ec7mtNx.jpg

They look fantastic but It's all about space for me and keeping in scale with everything else i have.

Have to admit I like the 1/4 scale treatment on the 42/43 designs most. I think it?s because of the high level of complexity those suits have. MKIII is a simpler design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone with the 1/4 marks know the weight of the figure + stand regular/Deluxe? Also the height of the Deluxe mark 42 as it looks to be the tallest (on its stand).

Anyone have an idea of weight and height of this mark Iii as well?

Anyone with the 1/4 marks know the weight of the figure + stand regular/Deluxe? Also the height of the Deluxe mark 42 as it looks to be the tallest (on its stand).

Anyone have an idea of weight and height of this mark Iii as well?

The 42 by itself is about 3.5 pounds, I don?t have the deluxe and the regular stand is tucked away in the box so someone else can check

Found this on Zachs YouTube. I think he's around 6' per his podcasts. These guys look awesome and their prescenence is impressive. One of my big fears is they'll come off as a large doll. The 10"-13" size is the perfect handling size for me. How do these guys handle? Cumbersome? I know 99.99% of the time they'll be behind glass.

I also found on Budget starks YouTube video that the Mark 42 Deluxe with Iron Man standing on top is about 25"-26" and about 14" wide, nothing on depth. I'm still curious of the weight to see if my glass shelves can handle it. Another issue I have is alot of the other stuff I collect looks great with the 1/6 scale (TF MP, Soc, Robotech, etc.) and I'm sure will get dwarfed by the 1/4 IM, but there is a reason to reorganize and thin it out. I'm more about quality than quantity.

Anyone know the size and weight of Mark Iii? He looks gorgeous

Thoughts?

20191108_120131.jpg

20191108_120316.jpg

Has anyone left 1/6 scale for the 1/4 scale? Kind of thinking of doing so.

Any pros and cons besides space issues. I mainly an Iron Man collector, so I'm thinking I could play catch up relatively quickly.
What I love about the 1/4 scales is the cooler base and the ease of lighting up the figure as well as the base via ac adapter easier than with 1/6.

Do these guys feel or look cheap in person? I know Hot Toys makes quality stuff, but for some reason I find 11"-13" the sweet spot for me and I"m wondering having these guys on the larger end would they handle decently and/or look cheap.

Thoughts?

I quite like HT's 1/4 line, in my opinion they're glorious figures. Just the sheer size and detail is amazing and they feel incredible in hand, when I got my first quarter scale, the 1/4 Mk XLV, I was blown away and I thought "Whoa, a huge, highly detailed, highly articulated figure!". These 1/4 IM figures have so many cool, moving parts and I'm completely enthralled/ecstatic about. They handle well, they pose superbly, have a nice amount of weight (but not too heavy), and are stable even without the base. When I had mine on display, speculating from afar or close by, they seemed like high quality statues, yet they're figures. You won't be disappointed. Though I like both 1/6 and 1/4, and appreciate what both scales accomplish.

Back