Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 470266

The red section in the middle is too wide and also doesn't come down far enough. It's correct on the VI and they fixed it for the VII but they didn't bother to update the mistake for this.

Eh, I'm all for accuracy, but I can't say this one bothers me much at all. It doesn't throw off the whole shape of the mask like, say, the large mouth on ESB Vader. And if it wasn't for the direct comparison I'd never have noticed something was off.

True. It's just frustrating that they acknowledged it on the VII and left it alone on this. I guess this is the 'Vader helmet' of the Marvel forum.

Going back to all of the many versions of the MKIII that HT have done...

I find it?s funny HT never made an all gold version like what was seen when Tony was building the MKIII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right before he added the hot rod red? haha it's so true actually. Maybe we will see one later down the road.

Hmmm, maybe the paint is pretty good afterall?

Untitled-1.jpg

EDIT: More pics

oNMgQjt.png

pGf9qS8.png

Untitled-1.jpg

Eh, I'm all for accuracy, but I can't say this one bothers me much at all. It doesn't throw off the whole shape of the mask like, say, the large mouth on ESB Vader. And if it wasn't for the direct comparison I'd never have noticed something was off.

Same mate. I won't argue that it's clearly inaccurate when viewed side by side. But I wouldn't have caught it myself unless pointed out. As far as inaccuracies go, it's negligible to me. Just ordered it.

Has anyone left 1/6 scale for the 1/4 scale? Kind of thinking of doing so.

Any pros and cons besides space issues. I mainly an Iron Man collector, so I'm thinking I could play catch up relatively quickly.
What I love about the 1/4 scales is the cooler base and the ease of lighting up the figure as well as the base via ac adapter easier than with 1/6.

Do these guys feel or look cheap in person? I know Hot Toys makes quality stuff, but for some reason I find 11"-13" the sweet spot for me and I"m wondering having these guys on the larger end would they handle decently and/or look cheap.

Thoughts?

Has anyone left 1/6 scale for the 1/4 scale? Kind of thinking of doing so.

No. You have hundreds of options in 1/6. In quarter scale you have like... ten.

As far as iron man goes, you can collect 4 armors. Then you're done. No more on the horizon.

But no, to answer your question, they do not look or feel cheap in the slightest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No. You have hundreds of options in 1/6. In quarter scale you have like... ten.

As far as iron man goes, you can collect 4 armors. Then you're done. No more on the horizon.

But no, to answer your question, they do not look or feel cheap in the slightest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Appreciate the speedy and courteous reply. Something to think about.

Thank you again.

The other thing to consider with a 1/4 diecast is that there's no flight stand to put him on, and the bases are often smaller, both of which can limit the posing options a bit.

They definitely don?t look or feel cheap to me. Just the opposite. I have Boba, Joker and the 42 (selling it to fund this though) and they?re all awesome display pieces. Like moveable, mixed media, statue sized works of art.

They definitely don?t look or feel cheap to me. Just the opposite. I have Boba, Joker and the 42 (selling it to fund this though) and they?re all awesome display pieces. Like moveable, mixed media, statue sized works of art.

What are you selling the 42 for?
Ship to Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did this armor really have those blue lights peaking through at some point? I rewatched a bunch of clips and sure don't see them anywhere (even during the nighttime battle with Iron Monger), unless you count the bluish lights shining onto the armor during the suit-up sequence.

It looks cool enough that I can forgive it, but it's still a bit puzzling to me.

75491818_10156639527942344_6259132965188534272_o.jpg

So did this armor really have those blue lights peaking through at some point? I rewatched a bunch of clips and sure don't see them anywhere (even during the nighttime battle with Iron Monger), unless you count the bluish lights shining onto the armor during the suit-up sequence.

It looks cool enough that I can forgive it, but it's still a bit puzzling to me.

View attachment 470333

The only lights I remember under the suit are when the chest beam fires during the highway fight with Iron Monger, and those weren't blue lights. Then again, I don't think any of the other 1/4 scale suits ever had blue lights underneath the armor in the movies (maybe the 43 when it opened up at the start of AoU...), so I'm chalking it up to HT artistic license.

Back