Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a larger 1/6 toy not 1/4 detailing. I?m happy with 43 since it has a TS sculpt too.

Hate that hot toys can fix the Mark VII face plate but couldn?t be bothered to correct it on this release. Bummer.

Yeah this figure is very weird with how it's been treated. They took their time to fix both the faceplate + thigh missile launcher on the Mark VII from the proto to be movie accurate. That's for a 1/6 scale figure.

Then you come to this figure which is 1/4 and $600+ but you see that it's just a bigger version of their 1/6 scale version. Zero effort to fix the issues the 1/6 had. :cuckoo:

The faceplate is incorrect, forearm missile launcher is completely wrong and it still has the problem of being too thin where the calves are half the size they should be when the armor opens making it look inhuman.

74429161_10221353380483466_2984586685389471744_o.jpg

73352296_10163780098320347_1265976928012075008_n.jpg

76959414_10156639527337344_2709117451643125760_o.jpg

IronManMkIIIvsTank2-IM.png

I agree some of the details are a bit off, but I have the 1/6 version and to me this looks miles better than that. Especially when it comes to the proportions.

And in the closeups you can also see a lot of subtle weathering that was completely lacking on the 1/6.

Question to those that have other 1/4 scale figures. How do the lights work on these? Is it just one individual switch to all of them or multiple switches?

From what I'm seeing here, overall the final product looks pretty great to me. I'm not enough of a fanatic to notice every little minor suit inaccuracy so even stuff like the mask doesn't really bother me. When I look at it I see the Iron Man I remember from the first movie which is what I'm looking for. I just hope the figure scales well with the other 1/4 Hot Toys figures I have, otherwise it could look really out of place.

Coincidentally I just got a flexpay schedule change from Sideshow for this guy too pushing it back to December. We'll see if I end up getting it as speedily as Vader.

Watch it be 3 inches shorter than the 42/43/45.

Honestly, none of the other criticisms have made me as nervous about my purchase as reading this :)

Has Hot Toys really made 20 versions of the Mark 3?

I think the 1/4 and 1/4 deluxe will make 8 individual Mark III releases for HT.

Last edited:
The inaccurate helmet is enough for me to pass on this. For the price of this they should have fixed this like they did on the MK7. Too much wrong with it. Kinda glad I?m not getting into 1/4 with this one. Maybe next time HT. Do a 7 or 85 and I?ll buy it quick

Seeing these pics just makes me mad that they did not wait till have these waist improvements in the 1/6 version. Instead
We have to replace the whole abdominal area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got to be picky with the 1/4 scales since they take up so much room. I?ve invested in a nice sixth scale IM collection and I think I?ll stick in that scale. It will be a nice addition for those getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think for me the sheer size and presence of this massive figure will more than make up for any minor issues there might be. Much like I'm sure the case will be with 1/4 Vader, which has also got a few things off about it but still appears to look amazing on display.

I think for me the sheer size and presence of this massive figure will more than make up for any minor issues there might be. Much like I'm sure the case will be with 1/4 Vader, which has also got a few things off about it but still appears to look amazing on display.

So you are in for this figure?

Ok what's this face plate inaccuracy everyone is talking about? I'm not seeing it.

Rw6uPPG.jpg

The red section in the middle is too wide and also doesn't come down far enough. It's correct on the VI and they fixed it for the VII but they didn't bother to update the mistake for this.

Going back to all of the many versions of the MKIII that HT have done...

I find it?s funny HT never made an all gold version like what was seen when Tony was building the MKIII.

Back