Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like HT's 1/4 line, in my opinion they're glorious figures. Just the sheer size and detail is amazing and they feel incredible in hand, when I got my first quarter scale, the 1/4 Mk XLV, I was blown away and I thought "Whoa, a huge, highly detailed, highly articulated figure!". These 1/4 IM figures have so many cool, moving parts and I'm completely enthralled/ecstatic about. They handle well, they pose superbly, have a nice amount of weight (but not too heavy), and are stable even without the base. When I had mine on display, speculating from afar or close by, they seemed like high quality statues, yet they're figures. You won't be disappointed. Though I like both 1/6 and 1/4, and appreciate what both scales accomplish.

I appreciate your thorough detailed response. Do you enjoy seeing/viewing, handling your 1/6 or 1/4 more? If Hot Toys had every Iron Man available in 1/4 would you ditch 1/6? What would you say your 1/4 Mark 45 weighs with the stand included, 5-6lbs?

You said when you had yours on display, did you sell it or just box it?

I'm not a quarter-scale collector, so this is not a concern of mine, but why the heck is the newly released QS Mk III the shortest??? They should all be the same size! :slap

You know looking at my IM figures (2,3 and 46, 47, 50 etc.) the height difference doesn't bother me. Most of my guys are in a non museum pose so that does help, but even if they weren't I wouldn't have an issue with that because in the back of my mind I know they are from the same line, maker and scale (supposedly).

I think if Hot Toys made the Mark III larger to fit in they would be admitting a mistake on their part, but keeping it smaller they are keeping with the 1/6 line. I/we can assume the Mark II will be of the same stature as his fellow brethren.

I appreciate your thorough detailed response. Do you enjoy seeing/viewing, handling your 1/6 or 1/4 more? If Hot Toys had every Iron Man available in 1/4 would you ditch 1/6? What would you say your 1/4 Mark 45 weighs with the stand included, 5-6lbs?

You said when you had yours on display, did you sell it or just box it?

Ooof, I'm hard pressed to decide between 1/4 and 1/6, however if I had to choose, if every figure was available in both scales, I'd ultimately choose 1/4 because to me it would be the best representation of the characters. For simply spectacle, I enjoyed 1/4 more, such as when I had my 1/4 Batmen and Iron Men lined up was just too awesome to see. However it was more "fun" to handle 1/6 because they felt more nimble in comparison. I think it boils down to if you mind the size, as both have great amount of detail given their respective scales. (Though for me I like to collect from 1/12 to 1/4 generally, for many great renditions of characters.) I'd say the Mark XLV does go around that weight with the stand, however I cannot weigh it since it's boxed up; yep, I have all my 1/4 figures put away right now lol

The Mk XLV is probably my favorite IM figure..

yj6sI8R.jpg

RqRSLEl.jpg

81qe5vt.jpg

Next to the 1/6

LwqTd3T.jpg

cO1KOdm.jpg

Much appreciated Super Sphinxman! :yess:

If it's not too much to ask would you mind measuring it too?

Height with the figure standing straight up on the stand is about 26" together.
Stand width is 13.5" and the depth is 8.5".

Mark 42... Just the armor...
IMG-8598.jpg

Mark 42... The stand along with the car battery...
IMG-8599.jpg

Mark 45 on scale... Just the armor...
IMG-8600.jpg

Mark 45 stand with accessories...
IMG-8601.jpg

Hope that helps. I mean the 1/6 prices are a stones throw away from the 1/4 scale, so you have to pick your poison. If I can get the armors at 1/4 scale I'd go that route, but they will eat up some space no doubt. I intend on picking up this Mark III though. Still need to find Mark 43 in 1/4 scale. Well easy enough to find, just not feeling the asking prices. Obviously HT has more offerings in 1/6, so you have to pick and choose.

Last edited:
Ooof, I'm hard pressed to decide between 1/4 and 1/6, however if I had to choose, if every figure was available in both scales, I'd ultimately choose 1/4 because to me it would be the best representation of the characters. For simply spectacle, I enjoyed 1/4 more, such as when I had my 1/4 Batmen and Iron Men lined up was just too awesome to see. However it was more "fun" to handle 1/6 because they felt more nimble in comparison. I think it boils down to if you mind the size, as both have great amount of detail given their respective scales. (Though for me I like to collect from 1/12 to 1/4 generally, for many great renditions of characters.) I'd say the Mark XLV does go around that weight with the stand, however I cannot weigh it since it's boxed up; yep, I have all my 1/4 figures put away right now lol

The Mk XLV is probably my favorite IM figure..

yj6sI8R.jpg

RqRSLEl.jpg

81qe5vt.jpg

Next to the 1/6

LwqTd3T.jpg

cO1KOdm.jpg

It?s actually an instance where the sixth scale looks almost as good as the 1/4 scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Height with the figure standing straight up on the stand is about 26" together.
Stand width is 13.5" and the depth is 8.5".

Mark 42... Just the armor...
IMG-8598.jpg

Mark 42... The stand along with the car battery...
IMG-8599.jpg

Mark 45 on scale... Just the armor...
IMG-8600.jpg

Mark 45 stand with accessories...
IMG-8601.jpg

Hope that helps. I mean the 1/6 prices are a stones throw away from the 1/4 scale, so you have to pick your poison. If I can get the armors at 1/4 scale I'd go that route, but they will eat up some space no doubt. I intend on picking up this Mark III though. Still need to find Mark 43 in 1/4 scale. Well easy enough to find, just not feeling the asking prices. Obviously HT has more offerings in 1/6, so you have to pick and choose.

Wow! Much appreciated!:clap

I really do appreciate you and the others chiming in to answer my Q's - I hope I haven't derailed this thread, but rather giving some insight to those that are on the fence with going/adding 1/4 to their collection(s).

Thank you Zerdo for your reply as well. I am revisiting old threads of 1/4s.

My gawd those 1/4 Mark 42?s and 43?s are amazing. I especially like the 42. I gotta stop coming on this forum. It keeps making me add stuff to my want list. Just sold a Note 10 and was thinkin of picking up a 10.5? AR pistol but now after seeing this....tough call lol

I just added Darth Vader to my make my collection total 2... They're very different to collecting sixth scales. Once you have them in hand they just look so different to sixth scales and have a totally different presence.

vader.jpgironman.jpg

If Hot Toys had every Iron Man available in 1/4 would you ditch 1/6?

I would, I basically have. I sold off every non HPP 1/6 suit (cause lets face it, they're not revisiting any HPP suit ever aside from maybe a quick buck repaint of DC Mk7 for Midas), I'll get them again in 1/4 only. Quality and detail is the main thing, but price creep is definitely a factor in that too. $400 plus for 1/6 at retail is bonkers when the 1/4 is $550 or $600 if you want the base. Its like the King Arts 1/9 line, they look great and they did every suit- but they retailed for barely less than HT because they went diecast, made it hard to want to make the jump into a new scale- especially one that the main benefit is quantity. Also I am not someone who assigns an intrinsic value to chinese pot metal when its just decorative and heavy, price to size ratio was just too off.

I'd rather have fewer, nicer suits at this point. My dream lineup is 1/4 Mk2, Mk6, Mk7, Mk42/43, Mk47, Mk85 which for me would cover the timeline, design styles, and have nice variety in color.

Wow! Much appreciated!:clap

I really do appreciate you and the others chiming in to answer my Q's - I hope I haven't derailed this thread, but rather giving some insight to those that are on the fence with going/adding 1/4 to their collection(s).

Thank you Zerdo for your reply as well. I am revisiting old threads of 1/4s.

cxU2eyX.gif

HT will be milking Iron Man for years to come. I can see Diecast 2.0 (more metal), 1/4 Diecast and more. I'm sure they will have something big for the 20th anniversary for example.

This really does look like they just enlarged the 1/6 version. :( Not sure what it is with Hot Toys and the Mark 3 never getting along just right for eternity.

All they have to do is tweak the shape/size of the helmet and mask + proper paint. Also that gap does look bad if the legs can't be moved up.

Last edited:
Ronny Stark's pics on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ronny.stark.73/posts/509052123025328

P.S.: Any chance that we would see 1/4 die-cast suits in future?

Hot toys knows they can add a few pieces of diecast to their plastic 1/4 figures and idiots will think it's a 100% Diecast and willingly pay $1000 for it. Hot toys is doing the smart thing completing the entire 1/4 line in plastic first then double dip by remaking the entire 1/4 line in "diecast" later to milk the idiots.

Hot toys knows they can add a few pieces of diecast to their plastic 1/4 figures and idiots will think it's a 100% Diecast and willingly pay $1000 for it. Hot toys is doing the smart thing completing the entire 1/4 line in plastic first then double dip by remaking the entire 1/4 line in "diecast" later milk the idiots.

Hmm...
The major differences (movie accuracy, colour, etc.) in 1/6 Mark VII plastic and die-cast is pushing me to get the latter.
The die-casts certainly look (and feel) better in 1/6; but in 1/4, I don't know how many would buy a 1k figure.

Back