Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know . . . only turned it on once for about a minute or so but will inform if I do it again and get that result. Thanks again :)

Ok I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes . . . while in the process of unscrewing the areas where the batteries are . . . the 2 surfaces of the screws' head (neck area and back area) became worn out in the process. I have no idea on how to fix this and would greatly appreciate any help and advice on how ti fix this problem without damaging the figure in the process. Thanks and best regards.

I have exactly the same problem. The screw on the neck just spun and stripped the second I tried to turn it. Trying different screwdrivers and in the end actually trying to force it out just made things worse. It's strange because the screwdriver I used works find on the arms and back and works fine on my Mark IV and III.

Here is the pic. As you can see the groove where you should place the screwdriver's head is totally worn out and when turning the screwdriver the screw doesn't turn.

Same thing happened to me (see posts 3343 and 3360 on this thread), and the pic you posted of the damaged screw looks like a carbon copy of mine. I had a small screw driver designed for eyeglasses that previously worked with my Mark III figure, but ended up destroying the screw on War Machine. I ended up going to the hardware store and investing in a $12 Jeweler's screw driver. Using a flat head and applying pressure at an angle, I was able to get the screw undone. I changed out the batteries and put the cover back on WITHOUT the screw.

So torn, I can only have one figure and I know its going to be an Iron Man.

Between the War Machine and the Mark IV, which is the better buy? I'm guessing the War Machine since there's a better chance Hot Toys would create another Iron Man and not too many variant of the War Machine?

:dunno

I think both are freaking cool.

But only based on the figures themselves an not on what they might or might not create in the future:

Mark IV. Due to all the extras: The Extra base, awesome helmetless RDJ headsculpt that you can use to make a tony stark in the future, donut, box, shades. It's also got better posing potential then War Machine.

And yes I do own both.

My 2 cents.

I think both are freaking cool.

But only based on the figures themselves an not on what they might or might not create in the future:

Mark IV. Due to all the extras: The Extra base, awesome helmetless RDJ headsculpt that you can use to make a tony stark in the future, donut, box, shades. It's also got better posing potential then War Machine.

And yes I do own both.

My 2 cents.

Thanks!

I'm a huge fan of War Machine, but I was also leaning towards the Mark IV just because its articulation is top notch and IMO HT really nailed everything in this figure...BUT...the there's the other part of me that wants to just get the War Machine since its not guaranteed War Machine is going to be in Iron Man 3.

I say, if you are a bigger War Machine fan than Iron Man, then go with War Machine otherwise, like I said I'd go Mark IV. or just don't eat for a week or two and get them both.

as far as issues with them. I'm sure you have read about all the problems with the Mark IV and the War Machine in both of their threads. Those issues to me don't get in the way of enjoying the fig.

Thanks!

I'm a huge fan of War Machine, but I was also leaning towards the Mark IV just because its articulation is top notch and IMO HT really nailed everything in this figure...BUT...the there's the other part of me that wants to just get the War Machine since its not guaranteed War Machine is going to be in Iron Man 3.

Honestly, War Machine. He's just got so much detail. Iron Man looks so tiny with him. The detail on War Machine makes it worthwhile. So big and chunky. Guns and cannons I still find it fascinating the detail thats on it.

5203843789_13a616752a_z.jpg

5205264446_89f5f9399b_b.jpg

I say, if you are a bigger War Machine fan than Iron Man, then go with War Machine otherwise, like I said I'd go Mark IV. or just don't eat for a week or two and get them both.

as far as issues with them. I'm sure you have read about all the problems with the Mark IV and the War Machine in both of their threads. Those issues to me don't get in the way of enjoying the fig.

Yes, I have, those issues dont bother me as well. I'll click the payment button and buy the War Machine today. Thanks Dave.

Honestly, War Machine. He's just got so much detail. Iron Man looks so tiny with him. The detail on War Machine makes it worthwhile. So big and chunky. Guns and cannons I still find it fascinating the detail thats on it.

5203843789_13a616752a_z.jpg

5205264446_89f5f9399b_b.jpg
:exactly:
Warmachine and all his huge guns are to die for.

Hey! I need help! I finally buy my first hot toys! War Machine!... but I dont know how to remove the head... I tried to pull it out but I feel that I'll break it... and take it off with the neck... also does both helments includes the lenses??? because just the one with the removable mask has it... the other one hasn't.... let me see if I can upload a picture so you get what I mean...

DSC04089.jpg

DSC04091.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

Hey! I need help! I finally buy my first hot toys! War Machine!... but I dont know how to remove the head... I tried to pull it out but I feel that I'll break it... and take it off with the neck... also does both helments includes the lenses??? because just the one with the removable mask has it... the other one hasn't.... let me see if I can upload a picture so you get what I mean...
Both have them... it appears HT QC's fault again..... neglecting to put the transparent plastic in before gluing the mask on...

Both have them... it appears HT QC's fault again..... neglecting to put the transparent plastic in before gluing the mask on...

Damn! my first hot toys and its not compleat!:panic:
any way can you help me to remove the head to put the other? xD
thanks!

Damn! my first hot toys and its not compleat!:panic:
any way can you help me to remove the head to put the other? xD
thanks!

Grap it by the torso and pull hard..it will pop off:)

Do not grap it around the waist and pull! as you will break the figure in half..there is a ver weak joint under his abb plates.

Back