Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes . . . while in the process of unscrewing the areas where the batteries are . . . the 2 surfaces of the screws' head (neck area and back area) became worn out in the process. I have no idea on how to fix this and would greatly appreciate any help and advice on how ti fix this problem without damaging the figure in the process. Thanks and best regards.

Ok I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes . . . while in the process of unscrewing the areas where the batteries are . . . the 2 surfaces of the screws' head (neck area and back area) became worn out in the process. I have no idea on how to fix this and would greatly appreciate any help and advice on how ti fix this problem without damaging the figure in the process. Thanks and best regards.

I have exactly the same problem. The screw on the neck just spun and stripped the second I tried to turn it. Trying different screwdrivers and in the end actually trying to force it out just made things worse. It's strange because the screwdriver I used works find on the arms and back and works fine on my Mark IV and III.

Hmmm I'll try . . . gonna make me swear a bit but what the heck . . . what if it doesn't work ? ?

These screws are small and soft and you have to use the right bit with enough force to keep the bit from slipping and stripping the screw. Ones stripped only thing you can do is to use a drill small enough bit or better yet a dremel and reverse drill the screw slowly in hopes the bit will grab the screw and unscrew it

:borg:

Here is the pic. As you can see the groove where you should place the screwdriver's head is totally worn out and when turning the screwdriver the screw doesn't turn.

how you really chewed it up lol....

two possible fixes...

1. get a dremel tool and cut a notch in the screw head so you can still use a flat-head

2. use a dremel or small drill bit and drill out the head of the screw so you can get the compartment open, then just replace the screw

Here is the pic. As you can see the groove where you should place the screwdriver's head is totally worn out and when turning the screwdriver the screw doesn't turn.

Wow, that sucks. Mine if really worn but that is nearly destroyed. :(

Sucks man, I think that drilling maybe your only option.

*sigh* :/ ah well best try it hope I don't screw it all up :( don't now how it got worn out so easily :S wish me luck. And I really love this figure . . .

Back