Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the suddern hate for this figure I guess its just a select few but it wasn't long since everyone here was praising hell out of this figure.

That is part of the problem, people who got this early acted like it was the second coming in terms of action figures, expectations got so high that once I received it, realistically it'd never live up to the hype on the boards. Compared the Tony Mark suits is fairly meh. While it IS plastic that is supposed to look like painted metal, the Mark suits have a gloss to them, a sheen on most parts that give it that look and feel, this is a flat finish that makes it look more like plastic. I can see why people whom have never had a Iron Man figure before are going ape____ about it but having been through the first line the appeal wears thin on the suit and leave just the product which I think is roughly a 7/10.

Anyone recomend it, I mean what actual problems does it have? cuz i want this lol

Actual problems? The connection for the sidearm guns is a plastic "peg" which I've seen snap off on more than one time for more than one collector. The stand doesn't fit perfectly onto because of the width of the crotch which makes me a little nervous and the connectors for the eyes seem to be plaguing a bit but nothing super serious that most HT collectors haven't found easy work arounds.

it's not gonna feel cheap to me because I know how much I paid for WM

You'd think huh? For me it feels cheaper because I know how much I paid for it...

That is part of the problem, people who got this early acted like it was the second coming in terms of action figures, expectations got so high that once I received it, realistically it'd never live up to the hype on the boards. Compared the Tony Mark suits is fairly meh. While it IS plastic that is supposed to look like painted metal, the Mark suits have a gloss to them, a sheen on most parts that give it that look and feel, this is a flat finish that makes it look more like plastic. I can see why people whom have never had a Iron Man figure before are going ape____ about it but having been through the first line the appeal wears thin on the suit and leave just the product which I think is roughly a 7/10.

Actual problems? The connection for the sidearm guns is a plastic "peg" which I've seen snap off on more than one time for more than one collector. The stand doesn't fit perfectly onto because of the width of the crotch which makes me a little nervous and the connectors for the eyes seem to be plaguing a bit but nothing super serious that most HT collectors haven't found easy work arounds.

You'd think huh? For me it feels cheaper because I know how much I paid for it...[/QUOTE]

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

It feels cheap as its so light but it doesnt look cheap and isnt that all that matters? Most people have it behind glass so I doubt it will be handled much. Now the mark iii v1that does look plasticy but few complained about that paint.

That was because MIII was not even painted but it was colored plastic hence the plastic look ;)

As for glossy I don't remember WM being glossy but I will have to pay attention to that next time I watch it cause the screenshots online sure seen like a flat color to me. I was always under the impression that it was not exposed metal in most areas but painted like a tank. I do remember WM to be darker but then again it being a flat color and most scenes being in the dark lighting could have something to do with that.

It was change that Favreau made in the twilight hours of editing. Originally we saw still like this:

Iron-Man-2-Don-Cheadle-as-War-Machine-5-4-10-kc.jpg

It does look more matte than glossy, but in the actual film we got something much more "two-toned" with glossy portions of the suit as well as flatter portions.

war-machine-iron-man-2.jpg

Now Google search isn't giving me what I'm looking for but I watched the film in Blu-Ray this past weekend, its definitely the same composure as the Mark suits to give that same sheen and look. Hell look at Tony's Mark which looks even more shiny than it did before. The changes were done before the figure was fully solicited so it is a change that HT could have made but didn't.

It feels cheap as its so light but it doesnt look cheap and isnt that all that matters? Most people have it behind glass so I doubt it will be handled much. Now the mark iii v1that does look plasticy but few complained about that paint.

It could to some I suppose but I personally don't feel that way. As far as it feeling cheap I should say. On display he looks as cool as any of the other Iron Man figures I have.

Agreed. I've said it since the beginning when I started complaining about this figure, on display it looks good, as an overall figure is where I have my issues.

LOL true, someone posted here pics of after they have put the tamiya weathering effects powder....looks kinda metally....is that even a word? hahaha!

This figure is better then all previous Iron Man 1 movie figures from Hot Toys...its more accurately designed.

This here just goes to show you why i never owned anything from the first Iron Man movie, other then a few Hasbro figures that had a better headsculpt.

605_mkIV.jpg

This figure is better then all previous Iron Man 1 movie figures from Hot Toys...its more accurately designed.

Even Mark 1 :horror

That's my grail piece I want (plus the Tumbler), say it ain't so :monkey2

I bet Mark IV will now by the ultimate in HT IM appearance, design and functionality, can't wait for mine :yess:

The Iron Man figures from the first movie are ____ing awesome (Hasbro? :lol). Are the figures from 2 better designed? Yup, cause HT has improved even more since then.

The Iron Man figures from the first movie are ____ing awesome (Hasbro? :lol). Are the figures from 2 better designed? Yup, cause HT has improved even more since then.

:exactly:

i bought the mark 1, 2 and bd 3 because they r awesome at the time.

i bought wm, and will be buying the 4,5, and 6 because they are awesome at the moment.

i can't wait to read posts about how glad they are on passing on the IM2 figs because the IM3 and avengers marks are SO superior (i'm sure they'll be, so i'll buy them again) :peace

I'm buying them all. I expect Iron Man 3 figures and Avengers will be better cause I'm sure HT will improve. These things ____ing rock.

Yea, Hasblow..they got the headsculpt right..the Hot Toys Mk III looks like a waste of money IMO, glad i never had interest..and really with all the overflow of product from the first movie being every where i went, it just made my interest in the first movie Hot Toys figures decrease even more since they messed up the look, not to mention the fading red rubber parts..waste.

So, yea..they're not as awesome as you think..they did RoboCop better then they did Iron Man MKII-III.

Last edited:
So my WM was supposed to be here Monday. Then the Atlanta snow storm came. Prob won't see it Wednesday either. Might not be till Friday until temp warms up above freezing.

Back