Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually regret picking up this figure and not the Mark IV. The figure didn't meet my expectations but I do agree that if people are pairing off you'd think they'd go this and the Mark VI. I'm dying for someone to give this a metallic finish, watching the film again yesterday I can't help to see this thing as matte after seeing how glossy it looks in the film.

Tamiya gun metal would be perfect for it. It looks like that greasy moist oily used worn metal. With little fine particles of subtle sparkle. Tempting to brush it on.

I've actually been once the fence about this one since it released. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet due to a number of reasons. Oddly, during the past few days or so the shortcomings have seemingly begun to fade away and now I actually really want to pick one up before the prices inevitably begin to rise.

I've actually been once the fence about this one since it released. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet due to a number of reasons. Oddly, during the past few days or so the shortcomings have seemingly begun to fade away and now I actually really want to pick one up before the prices inevitably begin to rise.

While I still think it's worth picking him up, Mike is correct with the overall outcome, looks nothing like steel and everything like plastic :slap

But VI needs a WM so I bought him.

For those reasons, I'm still hoping for a battle-damaged edition with metallic finish.

He really does look (and feel) like it was built for the Walmart aisle.

It is one of the most overhyped HT pieces out there.

But it's WM so he'll look cool no matter what.

It would've taken a-lot of effort on HT's part for them not to make a bad ass character like WM not look cool.

Last edited:
I have yet to get the IV ..i know once my bdm3 is sold i will feel aweful for a while, but the IV should heal the wound.

I was gonna compliment you on a clever play on words but was it just bad spelling? (Awful as in bad or aweful as in full of awe at the markIV being so good)

I don't get the suddern hate for this figure I guess its just a select few but it wasn't long since everyone here was praising hell out of this figure.

I don't get the suddern hate for this figure I guess its just a select few but it wasn't long since everyone here was praising hell out of this figure.

I still think its quite impressive and one of my favorite figures from 2010. For me personally there isn't anything cheap feeling about it at all but to each their own.

I can see the whole argument about it looking plastic but I think in person that all fades away. This thing is ____ing sweet!

...not really all that photogenic though cause it looks more like plastic under a flash.

Last edited:
i was speaking specifically about the lack of decals and the figure itself being a shade too light. Should be a bit more black. Same goes for the skin tone on the Cheadle sculpt, but that's less of an issue for me. I don't really mind that the figure doesn't look completely like metal, it looks better it this regard than the original Mark II and III figure's did.

I will buy this eventually, Im just bidding on the 'bay hoping to luck into a good deal.

It's a suit with a mo'fn M134 mounted to the shoulder/back. Definite buy.

Lol indeed! I share the same reason for buying it :)
like most that bought it, it looks too bad ass to let it pass by.

So, as soon as I receive my TDK figure, I will order me one of these too.
(Than its a loooong wait for the Keaton batman)

Lol indeed! I share the same reason for buying it :)
like most that bought it, it looks too bad ass to let it pass by.

So, as soon as I receive my TDK figure, I will order me one of these too.
(Than its a loooong wait for the Keaton batman)

Make that x3.
Gatling ftw and that´s why I definatly get me a cyberdyne set for my T-800.
:rock

I never got the "it looks like plastic" business. It looks like painted metal, which is what it's supposed to look like.

I still think its quite impressive and one of my favorite figures from 2010. For me personally there isn't anything cheap feeling about it at all but to each theirM own.

It feels cheap as its so light but it doesnt look cheap and isnt that all that matters? Most people have it behind glass so I doubt it will be handled much. Now the mark iii v1that does look plasticy but few complained about that paint.

I never got the "it looks like plastic" business. It looks like painted metal, which is what it's supposed to look like.

Looks like painted plastic trying to look like painted metal but failed to me :lol

But he's WM and got big guns.....that in itself means he's a must own :lol

Back