Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actual problems? The connection for the sidearm guns is a plastic "peg" which I've seen snap off on more than one time for more than one collector. The stand doesn't fit perfectly onto because of the width of the crotch which makes me a little nervous and the connectors for the eyes seem to be plaguing a bit but nothing super serious that most HT collectors haven't found easy work arounds.

Can you expound on this, Mike (or someone else knowledgeable of this)? I haven't been following the Hot Toys Iron Man figs that closely, so I don't know what issues there are with both War Machine and the Mark IV. I just got War Machine and had / have issues with the arc reactor, both repulsor rays and the eye lights being very faint. Not a biggie for the arc reactor and the repulsor rays; I just ended up opening the battery compartment and repositioning the batteries, and now they are fine. However, with the eyes, the screw for the battery compartment is WAY TOO TIGHT. I've basically ended up destroying the screw as I ended up grinding the phillips head mold on the screw to nothing. I'm at wits' end on how to rectify this. I know the light works, because when I take the helmet off to look at the bulb, the light briefly turns on and the fades to a very faint lighting. Think WD40 may help? That won't damage the paint / plastic, will it?

Can you expound on this, Mike (or someone else knowledgeable of this)? I haven't been following the Hot Toys Iron Man figs that closely, so I don't know what issues there are with both War Machine and the Mark IV. I just got War Machine and had / have issues with the arc reactor, both repulsor rays and the eye lights being very faint. Not a biggie for the arc reactor and the repulsor rays; I just ended up opening the battery compartment and repositioning the batteries, and now they are fine. However, with the eyes, the screw for the battery compartment is WAY TOO TIGHT. I've basically ended up destroying the screw as I ended up grinding the phillips head mold on the screw to nothing. I'm at wits' end on how to rectify this. I know the light works, because when I take the helmet off to look at the bulb, the light briefly turns on and the fades to a very faint lighting. Think WD40 may help? That won't damage the paint / plastic, will it?

There might be some leverage left in the screw head that you might not have destroyed, get a proper sized screw drive & you might still be able to open it.

If cannot:
I'll drill it out... a drill bit slightly smaller than the screw head (say 1.5mm in diameter), large enough the pop the screw head off, remove the plastic battery cover, remove the left over protruding screw by twisting anti-clockwise with a plier ... replace the screw.

Last edited:
Mine also has dim lights in the hands and neck. Is there a solution for this? I've already checked and repositioned the batteries and that didn't help.

There might be some leverage left in the screw head that you might not have destroyed, get a proper sized screw drive & you might still be able to open it.

If cannot:
I'll drill it out... a drill bit slightly smaller than the screw head (say 1.5mm in diameter), large enough the pop the screw head off, remove the plastic battery cover, remove the left over protruding screw by twisting anti-clockwise with a plier ... replace the screw.

actually I find that many times with the right drill bit and at slow reverse speeds there is a good chance for the bit to everso slightly grab the screw and actually unscrew it

he's here...I'll post pics after I get off work...great figure...really is bulky....only one eye is red though when i turn the head lights on....is this a battery issue or do I not have the head fully on?

Yeesh, is war machine plagued with led issues? My buddy just got in his and the right hand won't turn on even by playing around with the plastic tab.

If cannot:

Well, I managed to get the screw out. The phillips head was totally stripped, so I had to use a standard screwdriver head held at an angle. Slowly but surely, I managed to get it out. Problem is that the screw as well as the removeable compartment is pretty damaged / destroyed, but the saving grace is that the compartment hangs so low on the neck that it's not noticeable.

Mine also has dim lights in the hands and neck. Is there a solution for this? I've already checked and repositioned the batteries and that didn't help.

he's here...I'll post pics after I get off work...great figure...really is bulky....only one eye is red though when i turn the head lights on....is this a battery issue or do I not have the head fully on?

Yeesh, is war machine plagued with led issues? My buddy just got in his and the right hand won't turn on even by playing around with the plastic tab.

Sounds like it. If you read my post #3343, I had issues with all the lights. I fixed the brightness of the repulsors and arc reactor by opening up the battery compartments and repositioning the batteries (kind of a pain in the arse because of the size of the batteries). I then had an issue with the light up eyes and getting to the battery compartment. When I finally manged to get it open and reposition the batteries, the eye LEDs were still faint. I switched some of the batteries from War Machine's repulsors to the eyes, and both worked fine for some reason, with no loss of brightness.

Oh, and War Machine's eyes are not very bright compared to the arc reactor and repulsors. I had the head off of the neck plug when I switched out the batteries and turned it on, and nearly blinded myself when I turned the LEDs on and looked directly at the bulb. However, when the head is on, the red LED doesn't filter as brightly to the eyes for some reason.

Back