Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had WM for about a month now, but just got around to taking some decent photos. I love this awesome figure.

5521345781_26f1edbb84_b.jpg

5521345499_8c12bde16e_b.jpg

5521924088_d7dde6005e_b.jpg

5521339191_0b9e2db43e_b.jpg

I purchased 3 sets of Firebird's Warmachine stickers, and I'm very impressed with his work. The stickers have no sheen, and are printed in a bright white color. All you have to do is trim around the edges of the letters and images, and apply them to the figure with tweezers.

I found that the original Hot Toys stencils can be easily removed with 91% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol found in any pharmacy. Just put a drop or two of alcohol on a cotton bud (Q-tip) and gently rub in a circular motion, and the original lettering should disappear. Follow up with a micro-fiber cloth to remove any traces of dust and oil, and the surface is ready for the stickers.

I'll let the images speak for themselves:

WMCH3a.jpg

WMCH2a.jpg

WMCH1a.jpg

WMCH5.jpg

WMCH4.jpg

As you can see, the carrier film isn't visible, and the clear portions inside the letters do not have any "frosting". You must spend time to properly cut away the excessive carrier film, and prepare the surface first. It took me approximately one hour to upgrade my Warmachine, with a sharp blade and fine tweezers.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Firebird for sharing his stickers with us. I've already applied my set to my figure, the other two will be used for my two best friend's figures.

Enjoy the pictures,

BOBBY

I can only guess that economic considerations prevented HT from having these decals applied in the first place. They really do lift the figure, nice job M-A, the images do indeed speak for themselves. Sadly I've got to save every penny for my next round of figures, even though the outlay is modest. Damn if every pic I see of these decals makes it harder to maintain my resolve...

Thanks guys !
@ SanShouXMA : I use Photoshop Elements. It's definitely more affordable than a CS5 (about 140 bucks). :lol Moreover, it's easier to use IMO.
@ jayveeeusebio : My mission is accomplished I guess. :lol

I purchased 3 sets of Firebird's Warmachine stickers, and I'm very impressed with his work. The stickers have no sheen, and are printed in a bright white color. All you have to do is trim around the edges of the letters and images, and apply them to the figure with tweezers.

WMCH5.jpg

WMCH4.jpg

BOBBY

Who is Firebird? where can I get the stickers? and how much?
I found this thread from Anthrapoid (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87406) but seems a little complicated and I would need a lot of materials that I don't know where to find them…
Your explanation seems to be a lot easy… can you upload a video showing how it's done? (well not adding the stickers again, just giving te idea…) I think it's easy to understand…
Than you! =)
BTW nice pics!

Is there a difference in quality between Firebird's and anthrapoid's decals?

At first look, they appear to be the same. Also, I thought the application process was the same whether you get these decals from one or the other.

Is there a difference in quality between Firebird's and anthrapoid's decals?

At first look, they appear to be the same. Also, I thought the application process was the same whether you get these decals from one or the other.

These are technically just fancy stickers. You trim the clear part and just press them on and you're done. I think anthropoids may be of slightly better quality but these are SO much easier to apply.

These are technically just fancy stickers. You trim the clear part and just press them on and you're done. I think anthropoids may be of slightly better quality but these are SO much easier to apply.
OK, cool.

I've applied decals plenty of times before. I try and cut as close as I can around the symbol/letter/etc. and dunk it in warm, slightly soapy water until it easily separates from its backing.

I've noticed that the thinner decals are better at having it's edges "disappear" once applied.

Love War Machine, what a figure!
I too would be interested in picking up some of firebird's transfers,
how much do they cost?

I did a little photoshoot tonight. I have to say, I love shooting this figure, it's soooo photogenic.
Just to clarify regarding the eyes. As I said before, the batteries for the eyes are dead. So the pink glowing light was added in PhotoFiltre. Better than nothing, no? :)

Pics!

img4292r.jpg

img4285r.jpg

img4286r.jpg

img4298r.jpg

img4289r.jpg

img4301r.jpg

img4303r.jpg

img4308r.jpg

Great shots David! When I eventually get around to photographing this guy I'd like to have the light up features on, but for the rest of the time they're off. I've even taken out all the batteries so they don't corrode inside their compartments. So my head of choice for display is the Don Cheadle sculpt, which has the two display options (mask down and mask up), the light-up head will only come out for photo shoots.

Great shots David! When I eventually get around to photographing this guy I'd like to have the light up features on, but for the rest of the time they're off. I've even taken out all the batteries so they don't corrode inside their compartments. So my head of choice for display is the Don Cheadle sculpt, which has the two display options (mask down and mask up), the light-up head will only come out for photo shoots.
That's what I'm doing with him too. :hi5:

I can only guess that economic considerations prevented HT from having these decals applied in the first place. They really do lift the figure, nice job M-A, the images do indeed speak for themselves. Sadly I've got to save every penny for my next round of figures, even though the outlay is modest. Damn if every pic I see of these decals makes it harder to maintain my resolve...

Licensing issues (more fees) from the US Air Force apparently. From what I read in the maquette thread.

Back