Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more revenue streams the armed forces can pull in from elsewhere (ie arms sales & training, use of their assets/personnel in film/TV, and corporate licensing opportunities) the less the tax payer has to shell out to keep the whole thing running.

:lol ...in theory!

OK, cool.

I've applied decals plenty of times before. I try and cut as close as I can around the symbol/letter/etc. and dunk it in warm, slightly soapy water until it easily separates from its backing.

I've noticed that the thinner decals are better at having it's edges "disappear" once applied.

I chose the stickers over the decals because durability and ease of application. Any waterslide decal can be scratched off by accidential rough handling, even with proper surface prep and overcoat. In addition, there's no need for gloss clear coating as with waterslide decals.

So the stickers are much easier to apply and more resistant to damage. I don't know of Anthrapoid's decals, and can't comment on them, but both he and Firebird are using professional printing services, so I would assume they are comparable in print quality. Regardless, I'm 100% satisfied with the stickers I've used.

My expert opinion of course :)

I'll leave Firebird to join this thread (he knows), I don't want to speak for him in terms of price etc.

BOBBY

Last edited:
I chose the stickers over the decals because durability and ease of application. Any waterslide decal can be scratched off by accidential rough handling, even with proper surface prep and overcoat. In addition, there's no need for gloss clear coating as with waterslide decals.

So the stickers are much easier to apply and more resistant to damage. I don't know of Anthrapoid's decals, and can't comment on them, but both he and Firebird are using professional printing services, so I would assume they are comparable in print quality. Regardless, I'm 100% satisfied with the stickers I've used.

I'll leave Firebird to join this thread (he knows), I don't want to speak for him in terms of price etc.

BOBBY
Thank you and I appreciate the feedback.
I may have to try Firebird's stickers.

Durability is definitely important for me, so I'm leaning towards the stickers over the decals. Even though I said I was going to pass. Aw, they look so cool...

BOBBY

Awesome pics Bobby and the decals that you have applied look great! :clap :clap :clap I am very glad that you are happy with them.

Thank you and I appreciate the feedback.
I may have to try Firebird's stickers.

Durability is definitely important for me, so I'm leaning towards the stickers over the decals. Even though I said I was going to pass. Aw, they look so cool...

Just PM me if you are interested in the decals and I will get back to you with the details as soon as possible. :)

I would say that the design & proportions of the markings of Jim (Firebird) are of the most accurate ones... And I know about what I speak, hehe...

Anthrapoid's decals are probably thinner, but for someone who did not used to make plastic models, Jim's adhesives are easier to set up and can be removed just as easily.

This has got to be up there with the best value-for-money bang-for-buck mod you'll ever see. I am able to afford these stickers simply by driving with less pressure on the gas for the next fortnight :lol

I can't wait to have my WM transformed thanks to Jim's efforts with producing these stickers and making them available to us - I think they'll really tie the figure together :)

I have the Mark IV and War Machine and have left the battery tabs in them both until now. My daughter was wanting to see the War Machine light up so I decided to remove the tabs. The chest and hands light up nice and bright. The neck post light however is very dim, but if I tap it - it shows really bright for a flash second. I can see that it is receiving power because it has a constant dim red light. However, it is not strong enough to light the helmet. I am hoping it is the batteries which I will have to get an eyeglass screwdriver and replacement batteries. But, I really hope this is not a short. Any of you had this experience????

I have the Mark IV and War Machine and have left the battery tabs in them both until now. My daughter was wanting to see the War Machine light up so I decided to remove the tabs. The chest and hands light up nice and bright. The neck post light however is very dim, but if I tap it - it shows really bright for a flash second. I can see that it is receiving power because it has a constant dim red light. However, it is not strong enough to light the helmet. I am hoping it is the batteries which I will have to get an eyeglass screwdriver and replacement batteries. But, I really hope this is not a short. Any of you had this experience????

Yup i had this problem too, its the brightest once switched on, but after awhile it gets dim. Switched it off, wait for awhile, switched it back on it gets bright again. Apparently what i have heard, majority of the people are facing this problem too.

Just fiddle with the batteries and it should stay brighter. Like he said above though, when left on they get dim and you have to turn it off for a while so war machine can rest lol

Just fiddle with the batteries and it should stay brighter. Like he said above though, when left on they get dim and you have to turn it off for a while so war machine can rest lol

Thanks guys.

Nick, did you want to part with that Wolvie shirt?

Back