1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
based on some measurements from the comparison pics, comparing body length to width to arms - his body should be 10% wider at the traps and waist and his arms should be 25% bigger. Arms seem to be the biggest issue. I think you could hide the body proportions a bit (like in the above photo), but the arms will always stand out.

Won't trash this figure, as much as i want to, I'm not.... I'll just wait and see if i can get him for under $180 if possible...... It'll be possible...

To me, the traps and waist are minor and would look even less noticeable if you gave it some lats and a bit more bicep. Lats are what really gives a person the "V" shape, thus making their upper torso look wide. This figure has none.

I see that some youtubers (especially budget stark) tries to legalize many body issues on youtube with invalid reasons and methods (trying to measure the belly of the mk46 with just a regular ruler etc.). It also gives bad reputation to themselves and HT.

I thought the same thing watching his video. That's really not the best way to measure a waist be it 1/6 or 1/1 scale. I'm also not following his logic on the delay, which was partly that there isn't much demand in Asia for Drax, but there is for Gamora?

I have a hunch the body is cylindrical because adding all the muscle could have made it more challenging for the raised tats. In any event, I still like the doll.

To me, the traps and waist are minor and would look even less noticeable if you gave it some lats and a bit more bicep. Lats are what really gives a person the "V" shape, thus making their upper torso look wide. This figure has none.

Yeah I agree, the figure needs to do more flys and curls. Maybe his shoulders could be bigger, not the traps, the shoulders itself but that's just imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree, the figure needs to do more flys and curls. Maybe his shoulders could be bigger, not the traps, the shoulders itself but that's just imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly:

A bit more bicep curls and some rows and lateral pull downs. Like you said, the traps to me are fine. Shoulders can indeed stand to be a bit bigger, but I think what's really noticeable is the lack of any lats and a bit underdeveloped biceps. Improving those I think would go a long way in improving the overall physique and look of the figure.

Anyone thinking of modding the neck? Have it sit a smidge lower.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

:exactly:

A bit more bicep curls and some rows and lateral pull downs. Like you said, the traps to me are fine. Shoulders can indeed stand to be a bit bigger, but I think what's really noticeable is the lack of any lats and a bit underdeveloped biceps. Improving those I think would go a long way in improving the overall physique and look of the figure.

Or he could stop wasting his time on machines and actually deadlift, but you know...I don't need to keep going on about it so...

Since this figure cannot get to the gym, I am just going to love him for his skinny body.

Or he could stop wasting his time on machines and actually deadlift, but you know...I don't need to keep going on about it so...

Since this figure cannot get to the gym, I am just going to love him for his skinny body.

That's cool.

I don't think deadlifts alone would specifically target the areas in my opinion that are lacking, but as you stated, it's a figure.

Damn, this figure looks bad. Looks like a glorified Marvel Legends figure.

I remember saying this WAY back when they first shown the figure and here it goes again. Iron Studios (even though is a statue) did better in 1/10 than HT did in 1/6 scale.

1526216_936975382980864_1013345065206549781_n.jpg

10615508_936975642980838_9024604687349155498_n.jpg

Wow, I wish the HT figure looked like the Iron Studios. That's the proper size. The HT one is just terrible.... Will be skipping as I don't want an eyesore in my collection.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow, that statue shows just how poorly HT's Drax is designed. Anyone think some other company will do a knock off version of Drax properly proportioned? I'm not a completionist, but Drax is just a cool character. I had high hopes for HT to improve the final product, but here we are.

This is a shame! While I haven't been waiting years like most people have, I'm really considering throwing the whole team together as I really enjoyed the first movie and LOVED the second. Drax was one of my favorite characters from both movies...but this figure is just not that impressive to me. The color/headsculpt and the tattoo sculpting is out of this world, but the figure looks scrawny and misproportioned, and for that I'm really questioning whether to pick this up or not.

To me it kind of looks like more than any issue with the torso, he just needs slightly more beefed up arms, thicker traps and a beefier neck.

They gave him the traps but his upper pecs need work.

Terrible figure considering the delay...

Yup. Drax is known for brute strength and HT just didn't seem to care to make another body for the guy.

I can't get over how bad it is... That's just lazy considering the delay this guy got

Wow, I wish the HT figure looked like the Iron Studios. That's the proper size. The HT one is just terrible.... Will be skipping as I don't want an eyesore in my collection.

Yup I think we all get it... you don't like the figure. Others do tho so don't see the reason to keep posting over and over again how horrible the figure is to you. Not being rude... just don't see the point of telling everyone how much you despise the figure repeatedly.

Back