1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is supposed to be wider than Star Lord and a bit taller. Could have been a bit wider with bigger arms but it's a decent representation of the character.

The figure standing straight up is pretty much the correct height.

I do agree that the torso should have been wider and the arms could be a little thicker.
The pecs are about right to Dave's build.

The figure feels solid in-hand, and I am actually glad he has the ball joint at the torso
as opposed to the ab crunch. Skeleton though, he is not.

Team COMPLETE!!! Getting him posed up seems to help the proportions some, but I still love it.
Best Drax figure anyone will probably EVER make.

w73N3aK.jpg

As someone said, they work best as a team -- as it should be.

Still torn on which pants look best on Drax -- :) -- red clashes with Star-Lord, but the 'purple' (my preference) don't really pop.

it looks to me more like a skeleton rather than a muscle man. :panic:

It certainly has its flaws, but a "skeleton" is definitely a bit of a hyperbole.

Yes. A more accurate comparison is in order.
c94a2e3b968f3e8d76d337eed82ae5cf.jpg

fd6b80e6edd80c9bd4d95ff8fe2b2523.jpg

Could have been a bit wider with bigger arms but it's a decent representation of the character.

Much more accurate, in scale juxtaposition.

After seeing that, it still has its minor flaws, but it's even more demonstrable to me that the major contributing factor that makes the body of the figure look more slender is the utter lack of any lateral muscles. The biceps are a bit lacking also, but everything else I think is relatively good. Minor things here and there as mentioned, but overall relatively ok.

Shave the neck down...improve the head to body ratio...I will have a go when I get mine in. I needs this to complete the team. He looks decent, likely better in hand like most hot toys.

They gave him the traps but his upper pecs need work.

Terrible figure considering the delay...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agree with the sentiments that this figure should be perfect after all the wait. It's not.

But it will be good to have the complete team finally. I'll just hide him in the back :p

my drax is officially crossed over the border in the states!! can't wait to complete my team when he shows up to my door this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3a15969764c2c141eedcf7ae33a047b5.jpg

35a4c915e7108c7581f30f6aef834bb6.jpg

f3c1cc44938e22d68a7fd05d63d14edc.jpg

Vid review on the weekend - first impressions was better than expected. I feared the worst. In general more muscle mass in the chest and upper back would have been good. From behind he really looks just very very slim.

36e2cfa77aae31055f4d32587df47589.jpg

Yup. Drax is known for brute strength and HT just didn't seem to care to make another body for the guy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tempted to get this version instead of waiting on the volume 2 version. Can't he that much different can it? Can't see them making a new body for the vol 2 version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only differences are the pants and the weapon… everything else looks to be the same.
Possibly a new head sculpt, but with all of the engineering on the body they had to do, I highly
doubt there will be a new body.

There is even still the chance that there is no Vol. 2 release. could very well end up like Civil Way Vision…
on the cutting room floor.

Back