1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Deffo wider in that comparison pic but holy sheeeet! Regardless of whether he has been updated or not there is no denying that the group look flipping awesome together like that!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I'm sure it will look closer to what we would expect when the time comes.

Wow, it's really hard to tell if it's different, but it does look better in that picture. One thing I'm keying in on is where the arms connect to the shoulders. On the original figure, it looks like you couldn't rotate the arms upward, just forward and backward like an old hard plastic action figure. There doesn't seem to be any clearance for that motion. You can definitely see a gap in the new picture, where it looks like it allows for motion in every direction. It might be that the first figure shown was a hard plastic copy and the new picture is a soft torso proto or something along those lines. Or it could be that I'm also just seeing what I want to see. I've got the others on order, so I want this to be great.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

Whoah, check out Drax here! Dunno if it's just me but I feel like the body and head sculpt have been updated? This is apparently from Comic Con Experience? Just according to Facebook.

a9aba06361e3e8e67dd86ad33eed3fad.jpg

Nah look at how wide Starlord is, it's just the glass that's giving a wider appearance

Brasil Comic Con Experience (december 2014)

Hot-Toys-at-Brasil-CCXP-009.jpg

Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention (STGCC) (september 2014)

Hot-Toys-STGCC-2014-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-001.jpg

Gamora's hair looks better in the old pic. :wink1:

Don't know if its angles, but the newer pics definitely look much better with regards to Draco.

hmm... It was the angle after all... disappointing, but I still want it.

If you're getting the other four, could you really pass on Drax? Of course you could, but it'd look weird, especially if you're displaying them all together.

Geez I still can't fork over $150+ on Rocket.

Haha well I'm only getting Peter so far. Groot looks off to me in some places. In the head mainly. Gamora is actually good but im not a fan of the costume at all.

I think the set is decent value, or at least it would be if they were 100% accurate

Agreed. Well I like the ex set, but that rocket is worth $105 tops. Groot looks ok. some variations from the movie but I'll buy it anyways.

I might be selling my Rocket.

I'm hoping Peter EX becomes available again. I thought the EX was just the handcuffs, didn't realize the Infinity Gem was also included. Mistook his grenade orb thing for it.

I might be selling my Rocket.

I'm hoping Peter EX becomes available again. I thought the EX was just the handcuffs, didn't realize the Infinity Gem was also included. Mistook his grenade orb thing for it.

grab the EX on eBay, I would keep a sharp eye around release.... if I see one I will post it here :wink1:

With all of the Star Wars releases coming, I might just get Peter & Gamora. Like Rocket & Groot but might have to sacrifice them for Han & Chewie

Why can't they just make him seamless figures with no clothes don't look good with visible joints man...

Why can't they just make him seamless figures with no clothes don't look good with visible joints man...

Not every figure can be seamless.

Back