1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Why can't they just make him seamless figures with no clothes don't look good with visible joints man...

but some could, if Hot Toys actually bothered to try

if you want seemless buy statues. An all seemless body would greatly reduce articulation and to me thats a million time worse than not seeing a should cut that allows arms to move up and down. A Hulk style joint/seem system would be the absolute most I would go for

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

if you want seemless buy statues. An all seemless body would greatly reduce articulation and to me thats a million time worse than not seeing a should cut that allows arms to move up and down. A Hulk style joint/seem system would be the absolute most I would go for

Well I guess you have a point. It really only caters to people who stick with basic museum poses. For me its about having the figure look as close to the real thing as possible.

but Yes I guess we could just buy statues :rotfl

If you're getting the other four, could you really pass on Drax? Of course you could, but it'd look weird, especially if you're displaying them all together.

I'll pass on it if it comes out looking like the older pics, or at least wait until it's offered with a discount and double reward points. I don't know how HT can look at the Drax on the screen and say the figure is a good likeness. However that said I think the reason it hasn't been solicited is that it's still being worked on. ao I will reserve final judgement until it actually goes up.

The suspense is killing me :lol

I wouldn't mind sacrificing a bit of articulation of it meant a better looking body...this is obviously only a problem with shirtless figures...or at least reduce the amount of visible jointS, like they did with Hulk and sleeveless Thor...yeah it may look goofy when you get extreme with the posing, but otherwise it looks much cleaner than the way Drax is looking with joints at the wrists, elbows and shoulders...my thoughts tho

Watching the blu-ray and wondering when the last Guardian is going to go up for order... stay tuned I guess.

I thought that since they missed the boat so much from the theatrical release, they had decided to wait to announce it with the blu-ray. Guess I was wrong...

It's just the coat bulking out. They are not going to make him fat on purpose.

Exactly. The figure is made to look how Pratt looked in the movie. They won't say 'Pratt is fat again, lets change the figure' :rotfl

Maybe ********* Batista is playing hardball with his likeness.

I think they did well with the likeness in the first prototype. The expression was just awful... Like Bautista was mid-fart

Im still calling low sales of the others as being the main cause for delay

I hate that we almost have Star Lord but he's still missing. Makes me want to hold off on buying the other three. Star Lord I want regardless, but I don't want four out of five -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate that we almost have Star Lord but he's still missing. Makes me want to hold off on buying the other three. Star Lord I want regardless, but I don't want four out of five -_-

what do you mean by this..?

1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

Lol that wasn't clear at all. I mean Drax still missing from preorder.

If you're getting the other four, could you really pass on Drax? Of course you could, but it'd look weird, especially if you're displaying them all together.

Well, they werent a group of 5 untill half-way through the movie. :lol

Rocket without real fur is the reason I'm passing on all of these. Especially after seeing Chewbacca.

I would be seriously annoyed if they do not release Drax at this point. They have made a point
of showing us the group of five since they were unpainted prototypes, and this team is the
one that I am most excited to have in this scale.

C'mon Hot Toys... get him up for Preorder!!

Back