1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite example of this is the Iron Man 3 War Machine.

Love your signature. I saw this and was wondering if I should get it or if Hot Toys could make her ??

On one side I guess it's a small industry, so perhaps they knew HT won't and went ahead. On the other hand maybe there is no inside info ? I'm very tempted...it's no Hot Toys quality but not too bad.

125557mgf5a5e118h451ha-528x668.jpg

Do we think a new drax will come with the next movie?

I think we are all praying for it. Just go back and read some of the comments in the last 10 pages or so here.

Personally I hope they re-do the upper body. Preferably with a Hellboy type body.

But of course it probably depends on his importance in the movie. Considering we haven't seen the previously teased version which really was only a different pair of pants and gun, perhaps they are waiting for GotG 3.

I think we are all praying for it. Just go back and read some of the comments in the last 10 pages or so here.

Personally I hope they re-do the upper body. Preferably with a Hellboy type body.

But of course it probably depends on his importance in the movie. Considering we haven't seen the previously teased version which really was only a different pair of pants and gun, perhaps they are waiting for GotG 3.

As long as its not rubber. I'm surprised there isnt a 3rd party drax yet.

Would have been nice if they had done a proper Drax for the first time instead of remaking several existing figures and dipping deep into a video game.

I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t think the body on this one is TOO terrible. The only thing to me that makes it look off is the lack of lateral muscles to give it a bit more width.

I don't think the look of the first figure is as bad as some make it out to be, and I think posing is a factor in determining how it looks.

The price for it seems to have gone up, since we haven't gotten even a Vol 2. version of the character.

I agree a good pose can make a figure look better. But photographing from a good side to make it look better shouldn't really count in making it a good figure imo. It should be good from pretty much any angle.

You could argue that this is probably taken at a bad angle, but it is straight on ! He should still look like a beefy Drax and it doesn't. I still think they need to produce a Hellboy type upper body. That's all they need. The rest can stay, even the headsculpt.

comparison.jpg

Is the Hellboy body rubber?

Also is HT def gonna release Hellboy since that movie tanked really hard? HT never released Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets figures since that movie took a huge dump too...

I agree a good pose can make a figure look better. But photographing from a good side to make it look better shouldn't really count in making it a good figure imo. It should be good from pretty much any angle.

You could argue that this is probably taken at a bad angle, but it is straight on ! He should still look like a beefy Drax and it doesn't. I still think they need to produce a Hellboy type upper body. That's all they need. The rest can stay, even the headsculpt.

View attachment 457947
Here's the thing, though: if you look at that Hellboy torso, it still has nothing in the way of lats (which was one of the primary complaints about the Drax body). They do that because beefy lats would hinder the arms.

So perhaps Drax could benefit from a rubber seamless body... But they still wouldn't be able to give him the width that people think of from Bautistas physique.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think the look of the first figure is as bad as some make it out to be, and I think posing is a factor in determining how it looks.

The price for it seems to have gone up, since we haven't gotten even a Vol 2. version of the character.
I hope that this is rectified. We need a new drax!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Here's the thing, though: if you look at that Hellboy torso, it still has nothing in the way of lats (which was one of the primary complaints about the Drax body). They do that because beefy lats would hinder the arms.

So perhaps Drax could benefit from a rubber seamless body... But they still wouldn't be able to give him the width that people think of from Bautistas physique.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that they don't just reverse engineer the phicen/tbleague bodies for this sort of thing. They aren't perfect in many ways, but they do have lats which to your point, add that width and thickness to the physique. Considering how often Chinese companies copy each other (and copy products from other companies worldwide), it's been really surprising that Hot Toys haven't done that. Maybe they have some sort of "gentlemen's agreement" with them.

I always thought they should have started with the John Matrix/Commando body. It still had the exposed shoulder joints, but otherwise would have been a good starting point. My guess is they couldn't do his raised tattoos effectively on the rubber torso (from either a mold and/or paint application standpoint). I'm betting those same issues are behind Toy Era's interminable delay with their Mystique figure.

908-commando.jpg910-commando.jpg

Love your signature. I saw this and was wondering if I should get it or if Hot Toys could make her ??

On one side I guess it's a small industry, so perhaps they knew HT won't and went ahead. On the other hand maybe there is no inside info ? I'm very tempted...it's no Hot Toys quality but not too bad.

View attachment 434366

this 3rd party mantis is supposed to be releasing soon if giantoys is accurate. Im very interested in first impressions of it. The only part that may be hard to pull off is the light up antennas. So if hot toys ever makes that it would give them a leg up to be sure.

this 3rd party mantis is supposed to be releasing soon if giantoys is accurate. Im very interested in first impressions of it. The only part that may be hard to pull off is the light up antennas. So if hot toys ever makes that it would give them a leg up to be sure.

Curious about this. The thread has been removed. I wonder if the other Mantis will be released as well? I think the Super Duck looks even better.

Last edited:
Back