1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Congrats on the purchase again. He's actually not that bad of a figure in my opinion, the sculpt is on point. I just think the lateral muscles are lacking, which sort of gives the upper torso an odd shape. However, if you pose him in such a way and at an angle that sort of conceals it, he looks fine. One of those figures that probably wouldn't have much shelf presence on his own, but looks bad ass when posed with the others.

Who all are you missing now from the group?

Thanks! Yeah, I like him a lot more than I thought I would.

I started with only Yondu. I've been looking for Star-Lord to go with him, but instead of finding good deals on him I keep finding good deals on the others. :lol I have Gamora and Drax now....awaiting Yondu... but clearly I'm in for all six now.

I'm hoping for Nebula at SDCC... I think 7 will be my limited. Unless of course they make a Thanos in an outfit I like. I think he may just be too big though for my display.

That’s cool. Right above my GotG display I have the AoU group Avengers, and with those, I have Ultron Prime. I’d like to sell him to eventually get IW Thanos to represent the big villain for both groups, but he’s pretty much going for peanuts these days that it’s not worth selling him. I may just take a gamble with IW Thanos and hope he’s still around when I amass a bunch of RP with SSC.

After Yondu though, I’ll be done with GotG. I still want to get the first Dr. Strange figure someday.

You don't like IW Dr. Strange? He comes with more stuff.

I only know Strange for IW as I never saw his standalone. But he'd be another good one on the shelf.

I would have liked to get the Mark I Ultron -- especially for $130 at Midtown -- but I missed several chances. I have Avengers Loki. I'd like a Thanos, I just don't care for his wifebeater t-shirt look. Hoping in IW2 that he appears in an armored look again. I'm pretty sure he will -- after all, its called Infinity WAR.

Well put it this way: whichever one I can get cheaper. :lol

Strange isn’t necessarily one of my favorite characters, so I don’t really have a preference on which one I get. His outfits moreless look the same to me. I just presume that once the IW Strange releases, you’ll see people unloading the first Strange. I don’t mind getting it used if it means getting it cheaper. The Loki I have is from TDW, which is personally my favorite look for him. And the main reason why I’d like IW Thanos is because of the gauntlet, but I concur that the wifebeater shirt isn’t his best look.

You don't like IW Dr. Strange? He comes with more stuff.

I only know Strange for IW as I never saw his standalone. But he'd be another good one on the shelf.

I would have liked to get the Mark I Ultron -- especially for $130 at Midtown -- but I missed several chances. I have Avengers Loki. I'd like a Thanos, I just don't care for his wifebeater t-shirt look. Hoping in IW2 that he appears in an armored look again. I'm pretty sure he will -- after all, its called Infinity WAR.

You should give the stand alone movie a shot, I thought it was quite enjoyable. Effects were really cool as well. It’s a solid standalone movie.

Might be a better viewing order than watching the stand-alone first. I enjoyed the movie but the story is a fairly by the numbers origin story.

Edit: I'm tempted to pick up this figure in the off chance that they don't make another. Anyone know the cheapest place to buy it from in the US right now?

Last edited:
Never mind. Ordered one from PopCultcha for $185 shipped after using getting $50 off with reward points.

Looks like PopCultcha finally fixed a glitch in their system too (if that's what it was). The last seven figures I ordered from them gave me double reward points so I was effectively getting $50 off each subsequent figure. Only got a regular amount of reward for this order.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. :lol

Thanks! Yeah, I like him a lot more than I thought I would.

I started with only Yondu. I've been looking for Star-Lord to go with him, but instead of finding good deals on him I keep finding good deals on the others. :lol I have Gamora and Drax now....awaiting Yondu... but clearly I'm in for all six now.

I'm hoping for Nebula at SDCC... I think 7 will be my limited. Unless of course they make a Thanos in an outfit I like. I think he may just be too big though for my display.

It would be almost criminal if they don’t get around to a proper Nebula before this era of Avengers and Guardians is over... I hope we get one this year as well!!

Never mind. Ordered one from PopCultcha for $185 shipped after using getting $50 off with reward points.

Looks like PopCultcha finally fixed a glitch in their system too (if that's what it was). The last seven figures I ordered from them gave me double reward points so I was effectively getting $50 off each subsequent figure. Only got a regular amount of reward for this order.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. :lol

I was buying popcultcha giftcards for myself, then using them to buy figures. Got points for the giftcard and for the figure! Not sure if that still works...

It would be almost criminal if they don’t get around to a proper Nebula before this era of Avengers and Guardians is over... I hope we get one this year as well!!

Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Marvel was telling HT to wait on Nebula. She'll probably be important in IW2 I imagine.

Yeah, of all of them she has arguably the biggest vendetta against Thanos. Plus it can be made more emotional cause it's Daddy, and link it somehow in with sis Gamora.

But I'm still holding out for a better Drax. Patience is a virtue.

But I'm still holding out for a better Drax. Patience is a virtue.

Agreed. I’ve been tempted to get this one off of Popcultcha, but I know as soon as it gets to me Hot Toys will reveal a GOTG2 or IW version and I’ll be stuck with the first one, so I gotta have patience too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, way late on my Guardians collection, but its growing quickly.

Drax arrived today. I actually really like him. He's huge next to Gamora.

I hope you don't mind me using your photo but I've used some bad photoshop skills to do what I suggested in the quote below:

Aside from the obvious lack of bulk, this figure would have been loads better if they lowered his head a bit. We shouldn’t be seein any neck really.

COMP 2.jpg

Whilst still not perfect, I think bringing his head down slightly is an improvement. Would this be possible to mod without messing up the figure?

Edit: Actually I'm not sure. I'm getting Harry (Home Alone) vibes now! :rotfl

0bec62c5eb9019434c66254259663656.jpg

Back