1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious about this. The thread has been removed. I wonder if the other Mantis will be released as well? I think the Super Duck looks even better.

Yeah i missed the first one and decided on the Super Duck. Also looks the best I think.

I am not convinced HT will make her. All depends what happens in GotG. Best case Drax and her die or something and they make them both. But that's a pretty big assumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed the first one? You mean the PO? It hasn't been released yet as far as I know.

Yeah the PO. Post PO seems not so easy to buy without added %. Maybe once it comes out it'll be a different story. But like you said the Super Duck one is better anyway.

Price always drops upon initial release. Problem is you never know if they'll truly be released until they are. Who knows if SuperDuck will even be released? You probably have to buy both to make a good single Mantis.

Price always drops upon initial release. Problem is you never know if they'll truly be released until they are. Who knows if SuperDuck will even be released? You probably have to buy both to make a good single Mantis.

Where do you tend to see the price drop on release ? eBay or shops like KGHobby ?

Where do you tend to see the price drop on release ? eBay or shops like KGHobby ?

Ebay. Almost always in the first 3 months at least. Sometimes you only save $5, sometimes you can save $30 or more.

Retailers don't drop prices until they have a sale or offer a coupon or just discount but that's usually many months later.

Ebay. Almost always in the first 3 months at least. Sometimes you only save $5, sometimes you can save $30 or more.

Retailers don't drop prices until they have a sale or offer a coupon or just discount but that's usually many months later.

OK. I guess you're looking at US eBay ? I'll have to keep an eye on that here in Europe. Not sure if it happens here. They seem to almost always keep retail plus a bit. Or do you also consider Asian sellers ?

If I buy from US eBay, I have shipping, and the killer import duty and customs fees.

So I just read a few bit of potential info on GotG 3. All non confirmed. However source seems to have a good track record.

In any case seems Drax and Rocket will have decent roles in the story.

So optimistic me says that's good info for increasing chances of a Drax 2.0.

Pray [emoji120]

So I just read a few bit of potential info on GotG 3. All non confirmed. However source seems to have a good track record.

Pray [emoji120]

Oh please god

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pray [emoji120]

It's Hot Toys a 2.0 would be the same body, some new accessories and newly painted HS. I can't see them dumping any more money in him than they need to unfortunately

Love your signature. I saw this and was wondering if I should get it or if Hot Toys could make her ??

On one side I guess it's a small industry, so perhaps they knew HT won't and went ahead. On the other hand maybe there is no inside info ? I'm very tempted...it's no Hot Toys quality but not too bad.

View attachment 434366

She is out btw. Should get get in couple of weeks.

Got her a few days ago. She's actually pretty great in hand. The sculpt seems altered from the prototype pics, I see more of Pom in her now.

She's on a metal skeleton seamless body, so she's heavy and holds a pose really well. Her hands pop off if you look at her sideways, due to the smooth metal wrist pegs.

The tailoring is really solid, nothing feels fragile or prone to tearing.

I'm still working on futzing the head. I'm doing hot/cold resetting on her antennae, which are slowly moving them into a better position. Also working on styling her hair a bit.

She looks fantastic with the rest of the Vol2 Guardians. The green really adds some variety to the group.

It's not a Hot Toys figure, but it's a pretty damned solid placeholder for one. I have the super duck on order too, because while the head on the super duck looked awful, I thought the tailoring might be better, and wanted to be able to mix-match for the best Mantis. Having the bullet head in hand, though, I could see being happy with just this one.
8578d043a9b61fab81e9b9706ba91935.jpg
fa33718b29df9ea394d62bca8f0ab3e8.jpg
69151f2b34e6e9b344fd058236ee49ff.jpg
1aa9b509f4d98dc82d775b1d0a3e4a3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks Cupcake ! I'll have to look at these pics on a larger screen later. But great first impressions.

Interesting that its a metal skeleton.

Gotta say she is looks awesome from your photos CupcakeMcGraw! I was on the fence about getting her and was hoping to see a review before I pulled the trigger. Then the day I was gonna order her it sold out so now gonna have to pay 40-50$ more on ebay now. Thats what I get for being too hesitant on hopefully my first non hot toys figure.

Everything looks solid save for two things:

-Face is a little flat paint wise.
-Mantis must be aiming for a linebacker position with those shoulders

I actually think the head sculpt looks pretty good, but it is the body that throws the whole figure off. Shoulders are WAY too broad, chest is much too large... she just looks overall too big. The body is boxy and not sleek.

Back