1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think it doesn't look as good with the lack of a neck. It looks like he's shrugging his shoulders up to his chin and that his upper torso just merges with his head.

I actually think it doesn't look as good with the lack of a neck. It looks like he's shrugging his shoulders up to his chin and that his upper torso just merges with his head.

See what you mean, but I was thinking typically bodybuilders tend to not have much of a neck :lol.

So WHEN HT do a Ver2.0 body, they can also address this not make it look like he isn't shrugging.

P.S I know they probably won't do a Ver2.0 body. But let me dream a little longer :lol

I think it certainly would help, and maybe not such a hard thing to do in reality. i.e remove some of the neck to bring the head lower. But that's pretty radical surgery.

I don't have Drax, but maybe Wor-Gar could try this out ? :lol

He’s the last member of the team I need after going all in on the GotG 1 set. I’m thinking about Yondu but I really want Drax first. Waiting for a crazy discount or a better attempt from HTs - whichever comes first.

Yeah something still not right with the photoshop. Maybe a change in head angle would be needed, I don’t know.

I think you'll be thinking about Yondu for a while. He'll be hard to get afterwards for a decent price.

Strangely enough I'm prepared to wait it out on Drax. Even though he's probably my favourite Guardian.

Got Drax in today from PopCultcha:

IMG_3879.JPG

Four down, one to go:

IMG_7623.JPG

Didn't care for him in pictures that I saw but in hand, he quickly grew on me.

Lffqx89-300x274.jpg

I finally pulled the trigger since i have no faith that there will be any newer version anytime soon.
And i must say this figure is a lot of better than how it looks on some photos and videos. One just need to spare some time posing it.

f4.jpg
f2.jpg

I think he looks better when seen from an angle, that way the lack of taper from chest to waist isn't so obvious.

If they do release this version of Drax I will really need to make a tough decision. With all the James Gunn turmoil I'm starting to think Hot Toys probably won't go to the expense of improving the body and release another GotG 3 Drax. Therefore I may need to take this "potentially last" version, more or less against my will. He is my favourite character of the Guardians, so I can't have the rest of them without him. But in my opinion the current version is just so sub-par.

Like that they are still showing Corvus...maybe there is a chance. I want atleast one of the black order. Would love him and a Proxima (husband & wife) if not those 2 then the Maw please

Like that they are still showing Corvus...maybe there is a chance. I want atleast one of the black order. Would love him and a Proxima (husband & wife) if not those 2 then the Maw please

I still don't know why they even made a prototype of Corvus, he hardly does or says anything in the movie.

Maw had far more screen time and was far more interesting. He would have also been a logical display partner for Dr Strange ??? :dunno

I still don't know why they even made a prototype of Corvus, he hardly does or says anything in the movie.

Maw had far more screen time and was far more interesting. He would have also been a logical display partner for Dr Strange ??? :dunno

Yeah maw would be an instant pre-order. Hopefully he is shown again when thanos gets the stone from xandar. I was hoping that would be shown in the captain marvel movie.

Because they design the prototypes a year or more before the movie is seen based only on concept art that the studios make available to them. They hedge their bets based on appearances but when the movie comes out stuff falls by the wayside when it gets clear that characters are more prominent in the actual film than others (Rhino, Crossbones), or they have to design more figures late based on unanticipated demand (T'chaka, Shuri)

Because they design the prototypes a year or more before the movie is seen based only on concept art that the studios make available to them. They hedge their bets based on appearances but when the movie comes out stuff falls by the wayside when it gets clear that characters are more prominent in the actual film than others (Rhino, Crossbones), or they have to design more figures late based on unanticipated demand (T'chaka, Shuri)

Yeah that makes sense. It's such a pity that people can't keep secrets and they have to do it this way. It would certainly make for better sculpts and figures if they had access to more than say 2D art or whatever they get. Anyway, that's the way it is.

My favorite example of this is the Iron Man 3 War Machine.

Back