Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GdDqtOn.jpg

With the Awesome Mix. :)
I am planing to do the same with my Star lord once he comes. The cheapest i can find the tape though is $30. That is alot for a tape i want listen to, but it really adds to the display.

I've painted the sides silver. Just waiting on the decal that I ordered. I'm afraid to paint the body blue coz I might mess it up so I'll just leave it as purple. Maybe I'll paint the earphones orange too. Otherwise, it looks great with the silver. Makes a whole lot of difference.

I am planing to do the same with my Star lord once he comes. The cheapest i can find the tape though is $30. That is alot for a tape i want listen to, but it really adds to the display.

You could just make the tape yourself with a blank. I'm sure Star Lord's tape in the movie didn't say 'Guardians of the Galaxy' with a bar code on it. :monkey3

Okay, so I had a little fun with experimenting (with one pose...so far). I have pretty much zero experience using green screens and such, but here's a try. :) Also, typical superhero pose! It was too fun not to put him in this position.

IMG_3744-Edit.jpg

Sabrina, I like your pictures. Would you be able to explain how you achieved the green screen? I am not computer literate beyond the basics. I'd love to be able to use green screens for photographing my figures, and also for my hobby of stop motion animation.

Sabrina, I like your pictures. Would you be able to explain how you achieved the green screen? I am not computer literate beyond the basics. I'd love to be able to use green screens for photographing my figures, and also for my hobby of stop motion animation.

First off, thank you! And second, I can tell you the basics of tools I use. Keep in mind, Adobe Photoshop, for me, is all self-taught over a period of several years. I'm still learning things to do, I don't know if how I do something is completely the correct way, but it works for me. I'll keep this short and if you have questions, feel free to ask.

This is the original photo...
GreenScreen.jpg

Edit: The green screen is just a green poster board.

Using tools like Clone Stamp and Healing brushes, I get rid of all the lines supporting him.

I'll use Color Range to get rid of the green screen. Then, I'll insert an image behind him, tweaking it (background image) and/or Star-Lord's image to get them to match in contrast, color etc.

This is the very basics of what I do, but I am trying to keep it short.

I'd say if you can get a hold of Photoshop, play around with it and look up tutorials on how to do what you want. Another option would be to take classes. I learned by just internet research though.

Edit: And now, I see I missed removing some strings in the photoshopped version. :( sigh

:lol excellent :clap Yeah thats a good one.....

Thanks again! You just keep stroking my ego! :lol I love it!

I'm working on another right now, one with a more dynamic action pose that we should be familiar with (assuming we all have seen the movie) :lol

Thanks again! You just keep stroking my ego! :lol I love it!

I'm working on another right now, one with a more dynamic action pose that we should be familiar with (assuming we all have seen the movie) :lol

:hi5:
They are some awesome photos, plus I'm kinda interested ever since you accepted my 'who can beat Qui Gon Fishings's photo' challenge a while back :lol and those last few ones have been some of the best photos in the thread

:duff

:hi5:
They are some awesome photos, plus I'm kinda interested ever since you accepted my 'who can beat Qui Gon Fishings's photo' challenge a while back :lol and those last few ones have been some of the best photos in the thread

:duff

:yess: :hi5: Happy dance! :panic: :banana :elefant

Oh, here's the one I said that I was working on. I'm getting somewhat familiar with how to use the green screen.
IMG_3757-Edit.jpg

First off, thank you! And second, I can tell you the basics of tools I use. Keep in mind, Adobe Photoshop, for me, is all self-taught over a period of several years. I'm still learning things to do, I don't know if how I do something is completely the correct way, but it works for me. I'll keep this short and if you have questions, feel free to ask.

This is the original photo...
GreenScreen.jpg

Edit: The green screen is just a green poster board.

Using tools like Clone Stamp and Healing brushes, I get rid of all the lines supporting him.

I'll use Color Range to get rid of the green screen. Then, I'll insert an image behind him, tweaking it (background image) and/or Star-Lord's image to get them to match in contrast, color etc.

This is the very basics of what I do, but I am trying to keep it short.

I'd say if you can get a hold of Photoshop, play around with it and look up tutorials on how to do what you want. Another option would be to take classes. I learned by just internet research though.

Edit: And now, I see I missed removing some strings in the photoshopped version. :( sigh

Excellent work sab4279! Looks great! And great idea.

Good that none of the green background reflection showed up on the final piece.

If you want to do it the "old school" way you can outline the figure with clipping paths, but that is more time consuming. The Quick Selection Tool should work well with you green screen background.

Anyway great work! Wish I had the patience to still do this ha!

Excellent work sab4279! Looks great! And great idea.

Good that none of the green background reflection showed up on the final piece.

If you want to do it the "old school" way you can outline the figure with clipping paths, but that is more time consuming. The Quick Selection Tool should work well with you green screen background.

Anyway great work! Wish I had the patience to still do this ha!

I have used the Clipping Path before, but I don't actually have enough knowledge to use it well enough. I found a great alternative way to get rid of the green reflection though. The helmeted head is the worst thing to use with green screen though, the whole thing almost turns green. :lol It drives me crazy! But the work is worth the effort once I am finished.

You could just make the tape yourself with a blank. I'm sure Star Lord's tape in the movie didn't say 'Guardians of the Galaxy' with a bar code on it. :monkey3
My artistic quality are almost zero. I couldn't possibly make a label look the same and i don't have a printer to print one. I was planning to display the tape out so the barcode and such wont bother me.
It was about 20 shipped from the Disney store on the link that was shared earlier when I was looking for it, got mine on Friday to display with Star Lord:
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Cassette | Disney Music Emporium
Thank you. I ordered one for myself. Very happy. Too bad old walkmans that look like Star Lords are crazy on ebay. Maybe i can find one at a salvation army.

Back