Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So an exclusive item does not mean it has less quantity it just means it you can only get it on SS where as the GA Cap was a movie promo which makes it very limited. Now I understand very figure is considered limited but this one is supposed to very a very small quantity. You were right again in saying no one knows the actual number so we are all speculating but it is commonly believed and said that it is a very low amount. Much more so than normal

Well I do agree that it "should" be more limited when its a limited movie promo, do I honestly believe that's always the case, no. But I do believe they are probably making a lot of starlords, how many EX who knows. But I guess I can agree with you that the GA cap "should" be more limited. Kinda suks I didn't think the GA cap would sell out so fast.

As stated before, I am really happy to try having this figure, I know that my chances are very slim but at least I did all I can, so no regrets.
I am used to collect very limited items, and it's a part of the game to miss sometimes a popular item.
Was unable to imagine that I will love this movie, already watched it 3 times in less than 1 week.
The movie has only been released in France ten days ago and the comic wasn't available in our country before this month.
I always have to think to everything before ordering from a website I didn't use previously on the US market as I am using a forwarding service (Shipito)
Really, I will wait without hope and if a miracle would happen, it will be an amazing surprise.
And I only subcribed to the waitlist thanks to all the advices given extremely quickly by all the kind members here !
Thanks for your positive vibes, hope they will bring me good luck !

Anyway guys, the face of this figure will be horrible, seriously you should already cancel your order, don't wait the new pictures (Totally selfless advice ^^)

Welcome to the crazyness Maromi lol. But really best of luck to you getting one, but if I read right you only subscribed to the waitlist, are you meaning that you put yourself on it or just want to be notified when it comes back up for sale? Be sure you actually put yourself on the waitlist if you haven't already. Again welcome and happy hunting.

Last edited:
I wait listed the exclusive a couple of weeks after the pre order sold out and it converted the next day.

actually you must of put it a WL a day or two after it when to WL, from what I understand there was an error and the WL when up too fast, but since there was so many that already were on the WL they just went down the line and fill in the rest of there stock.

Well to the crazyness Maromi lol. But really best of luck to you getting one, but if I read right you only subscribed to the waitlist, are you meaning that you put yourself on it or just want to be notified when it comes back up for sale? Be sure you actually put yourself on the waitlist if you haven't already. Again welcome and happy hunting.

Thank you very much CrAZyVEgAsBoY !
Yes, I placed a reservation two days ago, I check everyday on my account its status and when I receive an email from Sideshow, I always have some hope during 1/2 second before reading the email object ^^
But I know that a lot of people were on the wait list before me and apparently they haven't been converted recently... so I will be very patient and maybe one day... I will be extremely happy to give my money if my reservation is converted ^^ I am very curious to know how many people are on the waitlist before me !

Thank you very much CrAZyVEgAsBoY !
Yes, I placed a reservation two days ago, I check everyday on my account its status and when I receive an email from Sideshow, I always have some hope during 1/2 second before reading the email object ^^
But I know that a lot of people were on the wait list before me and apparently they haven't been converted recently... so I will be very patient and maybe one day... I will be extremely happy to give my money if my reservation is converted ^^ I am very curious to know how many people are on the waitlist before me !

That's a number you probably wont know, its really tricky with WL, sometimes a lot cancel and sometimes you get hardly nothing that converts. And honestly if you really want the EX items and miss out im sure you can find on evil bay someone willing to sell it to you. Yeah its gonna cost you extra but there is that option if you really want it.

Well I do agree that it "should" be more limited when its a limited movie promo, do I honestly believe that's always the case, no. But I do believe they are probably making a lot of starlords, how many EX who knows. But I guess I can agree with you that the GA cap "should" be more limited. Kinda suks I didn't think the GA cap would sell out so fast.

Yeah obviously you're miffed you missed out on GA Cap and I am sorry for everyone who did. At least it wasn't the stealth suit that was the movie promo cuz that is unique to this movie where as the GA style is very similar to TFA version so at least there is another option

Yeah obviously you're miffed you missed out on GA Cap and I am sorry for everyone who did. At least it wasn't the stealth suit that was the movie promo cuz that is unique to this movie where as the GA style is very similar to TFA version so at least there is another option

Well everyone wants the original looking suit. Don't get me wrong the stealth is sick too.

I like TFA Cap and plan to get that one, so I skipped the GA Cap. No regrets.

The Stealth suit is my favorite look of his by far. Not the most iconic, given what it represents, but for sheer look, you can't do better, IMO.

I like TFA Cap and plan to get that one, so I skipped the GA Cap. No regrets.

The Stealth suit is my favorite look of his by far. Not the most iconic, given what it represents, but for sheer look, you can't do better, IMO.

I know what you mean. My husband seemed skeptical about me having this figure be the sole representative of 1/6 Cap in my collection. He was like, "What about the red, white and blue shield?!" I still think it looks awesome though and it'll look good with my Amazing Spider-Man figure, I think. Good on-screen variants of the classic looks. :)

Everyone still is, there just comparing TFA vs the GA cap suit. Lol I love how people only want to chime in only to complain/troll.

It would be great if people could just stick to the figure this thread is about and move talk about other figures to that figure's thread.

This figure looks amazing! I Can see me posing this with him jumping back while wielding both blasters! This was a pass til I saw the movie 3 times LOL.

Back