Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Drax was a bit of surprise. I don't think I was that excited with the casting, but he was pretty entertaining. Even though I think his HT figure is the weakest of the bunch, I might be a bit more lenient towards it after watching the movie.

If you've liked all the other Marvel movies (especially Avengers, since that's what your signature gif is from), then you're bound to like this one. It's my favourite movie. Not just favourite of the Marvel movies. Oh no. It's...my favourite movie. I mean, I LOVE this movie. I haven't read the comics but will soon. I was taken by surprise by Drax, and if you aren't familiar with the source material, I'm sure you will be, too. I thought he'd be a boring character but he ended up being one of my favourites (but let's be honest, every character in this movie is my favourite for their own reasons).

I agree about Drax, definitely took me by surprise too, especially since I'm not a fan of him as Batista the wrestler, so I wasn't expecting much from him in the movie, but he did a great job. Thinking about going to see it again this weekend before it leaves the small theater near my house.

That Groot gif is all the rage lately, but someone has got to make a gif of Drax in the ship shouting, ":lol:yess::lol"! One of my favourite moments.

any update or news when we can pre order drax. ? great movie btw. ; ) cnt wait for the next one

Yea the team on a whole has a lot of charm, as does the movie. There isn't a character that I don't like and it's impossible for me to pick a favorite. Despite how much I like the movie, I've been resisting collecting the figs but I find myself growing weaker....

Yeah, Drax was a bit of surprise. I don't think I was that excited with the casting, but he was pretty entertaining. Even though I think his HT figure is the weakest of the bunch, I might be a bit more lenient towards it after watching the movie.

It's just a proto. A lot could change still. Or nothing will change. We shall see

Hi everyone !

I am a new to the forum and coming from France !
I just decided to purchase my first Hot Toys figures after years of consideration: Sideshow EX Rocket and Groot set.
I am really disappointed for having missed the EX Star Lord, and I am considering being on the Waitlist.
But I would like some help from you dear members before confirming something.
I tried to find my answers on the forum but without success.
If I purchase this figure on the Waitlist, will my credit card be immediately charged or only when my exemplary will become available again.
Also what are the chances to have this figure as it's already sold out since 22 days ?
If I am not charged for it right now, is Sideshow going to inform by email before taking the money on my account, because I can need a few days for being sure to have the funds on my account.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if these questions are boring.
I really tried to find some informations about waitlists On Sideshow but some weren't available on the website and didn't found the needed informations on the forum.

Hi everyone !

I just decided to purchase my first Hot Toys figures after years of consideration: Sideshow EX Rocket and Groot set.
I am really disappointed for having missed the EX Star Lord, and I am considering being on the Waitlist.
If I purchase this figure on the Waitlist, will my credit card be immediately charged or only when my exemplary will become available again.
Also what are the chances to have this figure as it's already sold out since 22 days ?
If I am not charged for it right now, is Sideshow going to inform by email before taking the money on my account, because I can need a few days for being sure to have the funds on my account.

I really tried to find some informations about waitlists On Sideshow but some weren't available on the website and didn't found the needed informations on the forum.

If you get on the waitlist, you are not charged until it ships. If they find another figure available, your waitlist order converts into an actual order. You will be charged when the figure is ready to ship which won't be for a while. They will let you know a few days beforehand when/if it converts into an actual order and they also give you a notice about a week in advance when your credit card is ready to be charged for the figure before it ships.

Hi everyone !

Sideshow will not charge you until they have the figures in their warehouse ready to ship. And as long as you are on the waitlist, you will not be charged. But I would say at this point your chances of getting this figure are pretty good if you get on the waitlist right now.

Hi everyone !

Welcome man,

If you waitlist through Sideshow, you're card is not charged until a time when the item becomes available. So even if your waitlist reservation converts, you won't pay until the item ships. That is unless it's an item with a deposit like the Rocket/Groot set, in which case they will send you an email about 3 days in advance to give a heads up that you are being charged the deposit after the reservation converts to a live order. And you always get a warning email before being charged for any preorder items, usually 2 weeks ahead of the charge. I would say your chances of getting the exclusive are solid. They seem to be finding a lot of exclusives last minute these days (Thor: light armor, Silver Centurion) and there's sure to be cancellations along the way to it's release. Hope this helps.

Oh thank you so much for your precious help Crazygmpoker, Webb head and Axxel ! Wonderful ^^
Order placed, I want this fu***g orb! I'll let you know on this topic if it worked or not !
Can't wait for the other Guardians in EX editions ! Hope that Gamora and Drax will have their own special edition !

PS: Thank you for warm welcome Axxel, and just to let you know I am a 27 old woman who loves collecting ^^

Oh thank you so much for your precious help Crazygmpoker and Webb head ! Wonderful ^^
Order placed, I want this fu***g orb! I'll let you know on this topic if it worked or not !
Can't wait for the other Guardians in EX editions ! Hope that Gamora and Drax will have their own special edition !

Welcome & Good Luck!

Oh thank you so much for your precious help Crazygmpoker, Webb head and Axxel ! Wonderful ^^

PS: Thank you for warm welcome Axxel, and just to let you know I am a 27 old woman who loves collecting ^^

Welcome! It's all about the fkin' orb!! :lol

I'm sure that you have a good shot of you're wait list converting since you are still technically getting on somewhat early and this doesn't ship for about 7 months. It may not convert until after the new year, or closer to when these are shipping, but I bet it will convert. Just don't cancel your order and re-order or you'll lose your spot and go to the back of the line. If you really want it then hang in until the end

Woohoo! More ladies! :hi5: Welcome :wave

Thanks for the details PopCultKid !

Don't worry, there's no chance that I cancel my spot, I want him so badly (the figure not Chris Pratt ^^)

PS: Love your Fight Club signature, definitely one of my favorite movies !

tumblr_m99ic1kTT51r81wtbo1_500.gif

Thank you very much for welcoming me DarkAngel !
I am a huge Disney Collector, so of course, I am interested since a few years by Marvel items !
But this time, discovering the Guardians of the Galaxy universe was a real shock ! It's simple, I am in love !
So they will be my first Hot Toys figures, and I am convinced that I will purchase more soon !
From the recent releases, I would like some Metal Gear Solid ones (Raiden is awesome), Marty Mac Fly and the Delorean car, but I am sure that the wishlist will be very long ^^
But my priorities are Gamora and Drax in EX editions (if they would exist). And I cross my fingers for the Star Lord EX figure !

Back