Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's gotta have.
We had a very warm summer and usually more cold, but wet.
But I live by the sea, which means corrosive.
It's never been pinpointed, but either way, weather it is, I guess.

I think the Honda & Liquid Moly goose grease is about the same. Some use the Mod-Podge and still others use silicone grease.

I used the Honda Shin-Etsu grease:

Amazon.com: Honda Genuine Shin-Etsu Grease: Automotive

Mine looks perfect still. I recoated the dome and arm parts last night. I had left the neck and leg rubber parts untreated to gauge if they would start to fail but they didn't. So I used a foam paint brush last night and coated those parts too. I have a jewelers magnifying glass and I could not see any cracks or signs of deterioration on mine...especially the dome.

Do I think there is a defect, yeah, probably. Is it wide spread, maybe not so much. Probably the luck of the draw...like the Samurai Predator purple Zeno head fiasco. I agree with EndoSickness, this is about whether you really want the figure or not. At the current discounted price and free shipping, I think its worth the risk. You can always return it if it shows up with problems. It'll cost you shipping but only back to them.

I also think his estimate of 10+ years is pretty accurate based the new movies performance. Can't see Hot Toys revisiting this anytime soon...maybe one of the statue companies :huh

I used the Honda grease. I don't like to have to reapply too often, so I basically saturated the entire dome with a thick coat of grease (a visible thick coat) and then used a paint brush to apply a thick coat to the inside (arm sleeves only) as well as outside of the rubber sleeves. I then set ED on the shelf to marinate for about a week and then I went back with a microfiber cloth to wipe away the excess from the dome. I used a paint brush again to get most of the grease off the outside of the sleeves. I didn't wipe the thick inner coat off the arm sleeves and just left that alone so the grease could continue to work from the inside out.

That was about a month ago and no signs of cracking or deterioration. It's a pretty messy and ugly process, and likely overkill, but the rubber looks and feels hydrated and shows no signs of drying out.

I applied mine 2 times now.
About a month went between those appliances and like I said a few posts earlier:
I missed a spot at the rear on one of the leg sleeves, which started to crack.
I thoroughly check all around...with liqui molly...besides said spot...NOTHING happened.
So I guess I´ll keep ED for a LONG time,
:)

How often are people reapplying their lube of choice?

WiXxM.gif

^:lol:lol

I finally got a chance to give the big guy a thorough inspection and repose him. Mine still shows no signs of any issues whatsoever. (I've never applied any type of lube yet and he’s displayed in the open, not behind glass) So without anything to be disappointed about, I’m absolutely loving this piece. This is the 4th time I’m reposing since I got this, and every mess-around-session it’s always fun. I can’t be the only one out there not experiencing any cracking and enjoying this guy. Hopefully others who have good ones can chime in and shed a more positive light on this piece.

^:lol:lol

I finally got a chance to give the big guy a thorough inspection and repose him. Mine still shows no signs of any issues whatsoever. (I've never applied any type of lube yet and he’s displayed in the open, not behind glass) So without anything to be disappointed about, I’m absolutely loving this piece. This is the 4th time I’m reposing since I got this, and every mess-around-session it’s always fun. I can’t be the only one out there not experiencing any cracking and enjoying this guy. Hopefully others who have good ones can chime in and shed a more positive light on this piece.

Between TWD, ED and Robo on the teleeveezhin, you got a lotta win there, Kid! :clap

Nice pic!!

This is still an awesome figure, ready to see some with the super silver robocop

^Nice job recreating that pose from the movie! You captured it perfectly :clap

Between TWD, ED and Robo on the teleeveezhin, you got a lotta win there, Kid! :clap

Nice pic!!

This is still an awesome figure, ready to see some with the super silver robocop

Thanks boys :hi5:

I know a bunch of dudes got bad ones, and have every right to be pissed, but I hope that there are even more folks out there that are issue free and are enjoying this guy like I am. Not trying to rub it in anyone's face BTW. Just trying to get more guys who had positive experience with ED to chime in :peace

I used the Honda grease. I don't like to have to reapply too often, so I basically saturated the entire dome with a thick coat of grease (a visible thick coat) and then used a paint brush to apply a thick coat to the inside (arm sleeves only) as well as outside of the rubber sleeves. I then set ED on the shelf to marinate for about a week and then I went back with a microfiber cloth to wipe away the excess from the dome. I used a paint brush again to get most of the grease off the outside of the sleeves. I didn't wipe the thick inner coat off the arm sleeves and just left that alone so the grease could continue to work from the inside out.

That was about a month ago and no signs of cracking or deterioration. It's a pretty messy and ugly process, and likely overkill, but the rubber looks and feels hydrated and shows no signs of drying out.

I applied mine 2 times now.
About a month went between those appliances and like I said a few posts earlier:
I missed a spot at the rear on one of the leg sleeves, which started to crack.
I thoroughly check all around...with liqui molly...besides said spot...NOTHING happened.
So I guess I´ll keep ED for a LONG time,
:)

Thanks for the info fellas. I'm still deciding what to do. So far so good but maybe I should start greasing him up while I'm ahead

Thanks boys :hi5:

I know a bunch of dudes got bad ones, and have every right to be pissed, but I hope that there are even more folks out there that are issue free and are enjoying this guy like I am. Not trying to rub it in anyone's face BTW. Just trying to get more guys who had positive experience with ED to chime in :peace

Thanks for the info fellas. I'm still deciding what to do. So far so good but maybe I should start greasing him up while I'm ahead

Positive experience so far. Last time I checked - about 2 weeks ago - all was good. Now I'm scared to check it now, believing I may have now jinxed myself!

Back