Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading all these horror stories about peoples ED's rubber deteriorating, i decided i should probably take preventive measures before my mine goes. What's the best grease for the job? And how would i apply it? Im assuming with a paint brush. Is the honda shin stuff any good?

Got mine shipped today, got it trough the "bundle offer" with Robo, making this beast $200 after rewards.

It the fasted shipped product I've ever got from SSC. They are literally dying to get these out, lol.

$200 for this is is a sick deal any way you slice it :clap

What's this bundle deal? First I'm hearing of it

After reading all these horror stories about peoples ED's rubber deteriorating, i decided i should probably take preventive measures before my mine goes. What's the best grease for the job? And how would i apply it? Im assuming with a paint brush. Is the honda shin stuff any good?

People are using the Honda grease, I'm using silicone oil, others are using mod-podge (a glue).

I apply mine with qtips and my fingers (in a latex glove of course).

Mine still isn't showing any cracks on the dome at all, I got this piece pretty early too. The leg joints show a little wear...could develop into something worse I guess, but as of now it's nothing major.

image.jpg

Looking good Yoshi :clap. Do you think the wear from articulation or disintegration?

It's good to hear some others chime in with positive reports. That makes like 6-7 confirmed good Eduardo's in the world

Looking good Yoshi :clap. Do you think the wear from articulation or disintegration?

It's good to hear some others chime in with positive reports. That makes like 6-7 confirmed good Eduardo's in the world

Disintegration. But like I said, it's nothing to go crazy about. The dome, arms, neck? seem fine.

Like the pic, Yosh!

Thanks! =]

That is the best un-boxing video ever hahaha!

Ed looks great Yoshi!

I received mine today, really impressed with Ed and bigger than I was expecting. Haven't assembled yet as deciding where I am going to put him first

That is the best un-boxing video ever hahaha!

Ed looks great Yoshi!

I received mine today, really impressed with Ed and bigger than I was expecting. Haven't assembled yet as deciding where I am going to put him first

Congrats, dude! And thanks ^.^

Are the bundle deals still available on these? And what does that entail and what's the going pricing? I had on preorder a while back but cancelled. If they can now be had relatively cheap I'll pick one up. Still have to get a RoboCop.

Back