Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really confusing that all arent showing cracking
i guess certain batches were afflicted with the issue?

Mine has never shown any cracking. And I've had him before Sideshow buyers as I got him directly from China.
Mind you, I still Mod Podged him since I still believe this deterioration happen eventually.

Mine has never shown any cracking. And I've had him before Sideshow buyers as I got him directly from China.
Mind you, I still Mod Podged him since I still believe this deterioration happen eventually.

i would think it would be consistent for most all cracking ed, evident by the huge influx when everyone started to notice

I mean I only applied the mod Podge this week.
But yeah I do love this figure, it is very striking. But my recommendation to anyone would be to be preventative and apply some sort of sealer or grease.
Someone posted earlier that they had the earlier Ed 209 release and for a long time there was no deterioration but eventually it happened. That post really sobered me up about this and I just applied the sealer...takes no time and doesn't change the look of your ED at all. This is an expensive piece and yes the figure is an absolute most have for sci fi and Robo fans. It does suck that it has this bad factor to it. Really does. It takes away how great it is. I just hope that with this preventative care it can stay as is and in the end it will be a truly amazing purchase.

I mean I only applied the mod Podge this week.
But yeah I do love this figure, it is very striking. But my recommendation to anyone would be to be preventative and apply some sort of sealer or grease.
Someone posted earlier that they had the earlier Ed 209 release and for a long time there was no deterioration but eventually it happened. That post really sobered me up about this and I just applied the sealer...takes no time and doesn't change the look of your ED at all. This is an expensive piece and yes the figure is an absolute most have for sci fi and Robo fans. It does suck that it has this bad factor to it. Really does. It takes away how great it is. I just hope that with this preventative care it can stay as is and in the end it will be a truly amazing purchase.

Don't need this figure for my Robo collection, but if it went down to say 200.00 range I might consider it, has anyone tried just taking the rubber off and applying like felt from a speaker or a another alternative that will last longer? Scratch that it wont fix the rubber on the joints though. :( I might just skip it on second thought damn :*(

It can fit in your standard detolf if you completely retract the legs to their lowest height and keep the pose neutral. If you want to have his legs extended at all or a dynamic pose you'll need to adjust the shelf height, but not as extremely as you would for a 1/4 figure or the HT hulk figure. Here are some pics of mine. Given the rubber dome dilemma, your really going to want to keep ed in a case at all times.

View attachment 127044

View attachment 127045

View attachment 127046

Awesome found it

Got mine shipped today, got it trough the "bundle offer" with Robo, making this beast $200 after rewards.

It the fasted shipped product I've ever got from SSC. They are literally dying to get these out, lol.

So, some of you would actually pay for a product that is defective?

Not talking about those who are stuck with it and can't return it, but, to the ones that would willingly pay for something that indeed will break.... Am I reading this right?

I know it's "your money" and therefore you can spend it as you wish, but there's gotta be a line drawn somewhere, right?

I mean, **** that.

What happened to this guy who couldn't believe I was willingly buying this?

😉 Just teasing....congrats on your purchase franpincho

What happened to this guy who couldn't believe I was willingly buying this?

[emoji6] Just teasing....congrats on your purchase franpincho

Hey hey!

No problem man, and sorry about all that stupid back and forth back then. Totally uncalled for.

I still stand on that though, as I believe that this piece is not worth it's full asking price knowing that one day it might go bad. Maaaaaaaaybe not? I doubt that it won't. But I really think that at $200, it's fair game.

In fact, I wish all of you would have gotten it at that price tbh.

I am loving this SS sale. It really makes this whole 1/6 collecting business transparent at what things are worth and what people would actually pay!

Back