Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! It sucks to hear the bad reports and I feel bad for those who got a bad one, but it's hard for someone who has a good one to not love this thing. Not saying that HT didn't F up, or that they get a pass for this, but as someone who isn't experiencing issues, it's hard to completely condemn ED.

I met Phil Tippett at Jerseyfest, saw the Chronicle ED up close and personal, and spoke to Phil about his thoughts on the HT release. I think he was speaking very biased because he was bashing the HT piece. It sounds more like he's endorsing the product he is involved in and bashing the one that he had no hand in. "The proportions are all off", "it's all sorts of wrong", and so on. Honestly I don't see it.

Up close the Chronicle isn't nearly as detailed as HT's. Also, they call it 1/6 but it's between 1/2-3/4 the size if HT's.
thanks for the comparison!

You gotte apply it in thin layers.
If you apply it too thick then it kinda stays white...like milky...just a little.
If you do it patiently and thin in 2, or 3 layers it´ll dry completly and will be completly clear.

Yeah it dried. Was panicking a bit hahaha. I only did one coat and will do another this week. I feel much more at ease that Ed will be ok.

After seeing the Murphy two-pack, now I'm really glad I didn't get this. I would have been tempted to use Diecast Robocop's damaged bits to have a ED-209 vs. Robocop display.

Like I posted in the other thread, now I can focus on a "Murphy trinity" thanks to cop Alex Murphy.

After seeing the Murphy two-pack, now I'm really glad I didn't get this. I would have been tempted to use Diecast Robocop's damaged bits to have a ED-209 vs. Robocop display.

I tried that the other day, posing my Robocop in BD mode (and with grimacing teeth face) wrestling with ED-209's arm.....to be honest it looked crap. You really need a lot of space for a full movie environment to make that look good. So I think they're best displayed separately anyway, each on it's own merits.

Like I posted in the other thread, now I can focus on a "Murphy trinity" thanks to cop Alex Murphy.

And not one of them will have a place to sit down, that's pretty **** man.

How is the rubber care going? Any signs of cracking? I really want to buy another one and treat it to avoid the problem!!

Somehow that's embarassing that you have to treat a 400 bucks figure like that and probably it will happen nevertheless.

Somehow that's embarassing that you have to treat a 400 bucks figure like that and probably it will happen nevertheless.

This is my concern! I lost £60 as it is with the first one I bought and sold but the figure is well nice... damn you hot toys!!!!!!!!!

Mines still pristine aside from a manufacturing mark across the dome. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it magically rotted before the 25th when SSC gets Robo.

What did you use and how long has it been on?

I use Liqui Molly, a german car rubber care company. Works great.

Yes, it IS embarrasing, but really do not have to milk that subject dry for the dunno how much gazilion time.

You got 4 options on this:
1.: Get it, pray, do nothing, let it rot, be sad, sell and loose a fortune.
2.: Get it, pray, act upon it and preserve it and keep it and repeat the routine once in a while (works fine by me, need to have ED)
3.: Get it, pray, sell (or return) it and get the next (if it EVER comes) in ten or so years.
4.: Leave this thread and don´t get it.

Deal with it.

Look dude I understand what your saying I had one sold it and still have the hunger to own it as I'm a massive Robo fan but im also OCD (not OCP) against things being right...

If you have the hunger to own it, get it. I´m on your side here.
Every other guys needs to decide for themselves if they can stand NOT having it. Mine is in great condition and I love looking at it when I come back home.
Try my version of caring fo the rubber, or the others:
Mod Podge and totally seal it.
;)

If you have the hunger to own it, get it. I´m on your side here.
Every other guys needs to decide for themselves if they can stand NOT having it. Mine is in great condition and I love looking at it when I come back home.
Try my version of caring fo the rubber, or the others:
Mod Podge and totally seal it.
;)

had mine since first release. rubber parts perfectly fine...sealed with mod podge just in case couple months ago and still as good as new. i think the weather has something to do with it...the area i live in is quite dry and temperature usually on the colder side.

Back