Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still perfect, but for how long. I feel like a schmo for buying this right away though. Pays to be patient when ordering Hot Toys now a days. They almost never sell out before hitting discount...

What? I would never support ht for putting this crap out, at any price!!!

Jk, ed is epic

Discovered a dry spot at the left leg sleeve, while I was going over him with a 2nd layer of liqui molly.
ALL parts where I already applied had no problems whatsoever.
That was one part I didn´t reach in the first place, now it´s completly covered.

Other thing I discovered where the problem could possibly stem from is the first original layer of liquid applied by HT/ tackiness of the material.
In my pose the leg sleeves are squeezed together in the back, which tacked the fins together.
Pulling them apart kinda drawed threads of that cover stuff.
Strange, really strange.
Pulled ´em apart, applied liquid...done deal, I guess.

Ugh, after reading about Endo's experience, I don't think I'd even pay a hundred for it. :monkey4 Sorry to hear about that, man.

Thx, YB...but could be worse.
HT just did sell us garbage rubber and that´s the way it is. We just have to make a choice:
Keep it and preserve him, which is easy, cause there´re plenty of rubber care products around
or
Sell him and wait for (maybe) 3.0...in 10 years, or something like that...

:lol

I'm using mod Podge and applied a coat and now it has this the white glue on it. Is it supposed to dry into it???

I'm using mod Podge and applied a coat and now it has this the white glue on it. Is it supposed to dry into it???

You gotte apply it in thin layers.
If you apply it too thick then it kinda stays white...like milky...just a little.
If you do it patiently and thin in 2, or 3 layers it´ll dry completly and will be completly clear.

The mod Podge seemed to have stopped the quick external decay on mine, but you can feel it's softer inside, it's only a matter of time boys.
:(

I ended up getting the NECA ED just because of how horribly blue-balled I was feeling...arrived with a broken off foot. :slap Annoying that I can't receive a good ED figure, but I wasn't even mad. Just glued that bad boy back on and done.

Jk, ed is epic

Agreed! It sucks to hear the bad reports and I feel bad for those who got a bad one, but it's hard for someone who has a good one to not love this thing. Not saying that HT didn't F up, or that they get a pass for this, but as someone who isn't experiencing issues, it's hard to completely condemn ED.

I met Phil Tippett at Jerseyfest, saw the Chronicle ED up close and personal, and spoke to Phil about his thoughts on the HT release. I think he was speaking very biased because he was bashing the HT piece. It sounds more like he's endorsing the product he is involved in and bashing the one that he had no hand in. "The proportions are all off", "it's all sorts of wrong", and so on. Honestly I don't see it.

Up close the Chronicle isn't nearly as detailed as HT's. Also, they call it 1/6 but it's between 1/2-3/4 the size if HT's.

Last edited:
Back