Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put mod podge on my ed....anyone here knows for a fact that mod podge will protect the rubber parts?

I put mod podge on my ed....anyone here knows for a fact that mod podge will protect the rubber parts?
I don't think we can say absolutely as there are members here that have not applied anything and still have perfect domes
Others domes deteriorated in a month

You could be lucky.
Even if the dome starts to crack you could easily make a new done.

The only thing that really got me turned off were the joint sleeves.
If they crack it will probably really hard to get new ones that fit.
It'll also be hard to get them onto the figure because on the arms and legs they are somehow attached to the body and the neck sleeve is glued to the "pelvis"

No thanks, almost 400 bucks are waaaay too much for that!

Wow I'm tempted to get this from SideShow $369 with free shipping and $39 in rewards! Great deal but the cracks does worry me.

Thats a great deal imo. I would start applying the Honda silicone grease from day 1 for prevention.

I'm not giving in to this due to price unless it drops below $200.00, and I doubt that will happen.

Crack is whack.

My dome is still fine 8 weeks in. i would like to do some preventative measures though. I have some mod podge but this Honda grease sounds good.
Does anyone know what a uk equivalent is? i cant find any reasonably priced shin-etsu grease over here.

If your area has any Honda car dealership, you could be able to order the part there.

Honda part number is 08798-9013

Lol, they finally discounted this pos. Gift card eligible, free shipping, extra rewards as well.
I'm with hashtag Brian, I'll reconsider this if it falls below $200.

SSC can shove it up their butts otherwise.

And you can apply the $20 coupon to get it for $350 shipped... Very tempted to order one but that crappy rubber dome is stopping me from ordering.

The environment has a lot to do with it. I've seen this displayed in a local store since it released however many months ago. They said they never used any product on it and it's been sitting in their glass shelf. I have seen no cracks on it or wear thus far so I think it might be safe to keep mine. I have the Honda grease coming in just as a precaution and on hand in case any small signs of cracking occur.

rsz_2_dsc0492.jpg

Love this guy!

Haha yea! I was able to borrow a nice camera and took advantage of it. Normally my pics come from my iphone4 camera which has terrible quality.

I've already applied 2 layers of Honda silicone grease. Dome shows no sign of cracking or drying.

Back