Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed our friends in Japan at amiami now have it listed as in stock so its getting closer... soon, soon!

Hey guys any idea how to remove the legs?
I need to store it back and its look like once its clicked no removable possible.
Hair dryer?

So once assembled out of the box it can't be disassembled? That could make packing him up to move tricky...

yep definitly.
tried the hair dryer and no joy.
if it was not so big i would have tried hot water...
pretty annoying.
if anyone comes up with something that would be cool :)

Is this true once assembled it cannot be disassembled?!?

If yes, that's Terrible.

Here's the final custom-made font I'm going to use to print this decal.
vlcsnap-2014-04-25-12h33m37s95 - Copy.jpg

Anthrapoid
my "ED-209" photos directory has a subdirectory dedicated strictly to your decals )
====================
mine finally arrived! and i will be able to pick it up only on thursday. :(

Anthrapoid
my "ED-209" photos directory has a subdirectory dedicated strictly to your decals
I'm flattered; in that case, here's the improved high-res version. I have a great guy who prints very high quality water-slide decals. His decals even have white backing, so you can put the decal on a dark surface and the dark plastic won't show through and dim the color of the decal. (That won't be an issue in this case of course, because the decal text is black applied to a light surface.)
I used the same guy's printing services for my WAR MACHINE decals, and they came out very nice.
g421456g_zps27d1590a - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Is this true once assembled it cannot be disassembled?!?

If yes, that's Terrible.
Could've sworn I had seen pics earlier in this or one of the ED threads where someone posted pics of ED fully assembled and then boxed him back up, again. Only thing I'm not 100% sure of, now, is whether the photos just gave that impression because they weren't posted sequentially (i.e., unboxing photos posted last instead of first). I will try and find them or hopefully this jogs someone's memory.

Thanks, Eisselmann! That gave me the push I needed to actually go back and check. It was 5x10's photos I was referring to, but I think I may have just taken them out of context and he didn't actually disassemble his ED and re-box it, as I thought. Hopefully he sees these posts and can advise.

Thanks, Eisselmann! That gave me the push I needed to actually go back and check. It was 5x10's photos I was referring to, but I think I may have just taken them out of context and he didn't actually disassemble his ED and re-box it, as I thought. Hopefully he sees these posts and can advise.

Thanks. For me this is an important factor because if it's not able to be disassembled it will certainly hurt the resale value as the box would become meaningless and the figure would be the equivalent of a fully assembled model garage kit.

If that is the case for this figure, it seems like it would be a first for Hot Toys. While some of their figures are a PITA to disassemble, they at least can be.

I think its definitly possible to detach the legs but you gotta find the right way to unclick them.

mine was an out of box to assembled set of pics
I wish I could say they could be disassembled but I haven't tried, based on the feedback here, I'm a little hesitant to try

Yup, exactly my thought this afternoon!
No real review, nothing.

Probably all the lucky early adopters are too busy playing with EDdy. ;)

Back