Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool. Thanks for the review.
Geez buddy, you're harsh with your figures!
My stomach was aching when you reviewed the NECA EDdy, and even here you twisted the arms at high speed. ;)

But thanks.
Now I really can't wait to get mine.

Which dampeners do you actually mean?!

Right under the knee on the foot section.
But the dampeners on the front and back move, Optibotimus showed it in his review.

Great figure!!!

Cool. Thanks for the review.
Geez buddy, you're harsh with your figures!
My stomach was aching when you reviewed the NECA EDdy, and even here you twisted the arms at high speed. ;)

But thanks.
Now I really can't wait to get mine.

I don't baby things. If you're paying this much money, it should be able to handle everything i did to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't baby things. If you're paying this much money, it should be able to handle everything i did to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hrhrhr... Yeah.
But mostly they can't handle it. ;)

Oh man, why do you guys overseas get that stuff so much earlier than we do?!
I am dying here. The wait is killing me.

Ah, and as answer to your question regarding articulation on old ED and new one:

They added the double shoulder articulation, the articulation of the torso (besides turning it) and mostly the legs:
The added knee articulation, articulated pistons on the upper legs.
Then the extendable legs, the turning discs and rods inside the legs, the legs clamps and their articulation, the movable shockdampeners on the front and the back of the foot section and the movable toes and foot hull parts on toes and foot section.

The paint job is better and the right arms with the rocket launcher now has only one gun barrel and the movable launcher parts.

The voice is different, it's not producer Jon Davison speaking.
It's some asian guy... what a pity! :(

Ah, and as answer to your question regarding articulation on old ED and new one:

They added the double shoulder articulation, the articulation of the torso (besides turning it) and mostly the legs:
The added knee articulation, articulated pistons on the upper legs.
Then the extendable legs, the turning discs and rods inside the legs, the legs clamps and their articulation, the movable shockdampeners on the front and the back of the foot section and the movable toes and foot hull parts on toes and foot section.

The paint job is better and the right arms with the rocket launcher now has only one gun barrel and the movable launcher parts.

The voice is different, it's not producer Jon Davison speaking.
It's some asian guy... what a pity! :(

ahhh Danke!!

It certainly seems he's even more improved upon than i originally thought. Very very cool

As much as I saw in your video that bastard is a beast.

I don't like the not-deep-enough-grill too much, but the rest is rrrrrrr!!!

Im on the fence about canceling this guy or keeping my preorder . I just keep picturing ed-209 in a battle damaged pose with robo cop . This character made a impression on me when I was a kid . No doubt . I'm sticking with evil robot . I know he's expensive but he's just killer .

Awesome pics! The toe and leg articulation just looks great.
Awesome shots P!
thanks guys. that toe articulation is really something that should be seen IRL.
What part of the knee yur talking about exactly?
this one:

3b524c88f2d7.jpg

it's so unsafe to lay all ED weight on two hollow plastic tubes. actually on only one tube, if you make a walking pose, which is even worse. that detail worries me a lot.

yes. and if it cracks...
and it might easily, because it's always under stress.

yes. and if it cracks...
and it might easily, because it's always under stress.

I'm not too good with geometry or whatever. But the pressure coming down, while it's a peg that is hallow...it's also a rounded peg. Because of that shape, it disperses the pressure put down on it. I'm thinking of it in terms of like and egg. I don't think it's going to be as fragile as you make it seem like it is. I guess time will tell

the stress force direction tries to stretch that cylinder and then bend it or break from flat surface it grows from, so its round shape doesn't help.
i strongly advice everybody who still hasn't attached legs to body to try some metal filler inside.

i will try to do that with my second ED when he arrives (currently my preorder seller doesn't give me any news about getting EDs in stock). finding a proper metal bolt of needed diameter and length will be a quest though.

694px-Steel-Dowel-Pins.jpg

was it so expensive to put them there from the beginning?

Exhaustive review, Opti! Thanks, really enjoyed that. Damn, that voice is TERRIBLE. I will ensure that I never hear it in person. That's the one huge failure that is pretty much unforgivable. Why include it in the first place, when it's so inaccurate. Only other thing that bugs me is the grill, but I'll live with it.

Edit: Have to say other thing that bugs me is that the legs can't be disassembled... like you mention in the video, all that would've been needed would be a button to push a tab in and remove the ratcheting/locking mechanism from the equation and it would both be easy to remove the legs and slide them up and down. :(

the stress force direction tries to stretch that cylinder and then bend it or break from flat surface it grows from, so its round shape doesn't help.
i strongly advice everybody who still hasn't attached legs to body to try some metal filler inside...
Will be awhile before I actually display mine, so I will make sure to do that. Great advice, P.

Back