Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true I suppose, the full size one and the stop-motion one are even shaped different aren't they...

They are shaped differently due to the weight of the full scale puppet. When it was put together, it drooped, which was not the intention. The stop motion puppet is how it was meant to look.

Found on Facebook.
ED-209 fits into a Detolf.

i68rua3l.jpg

Pic from Andrew RandomOne Whale @ facebook

So i assume the point of those wings ED has is to protect his arms somewhat?
At street level, the 'wings' wouldn't offer much protection to the relatively vulnerable elbow joints, because of their location. However, OCP intended ED-209 to be sold to the military later, so on the battlefield they would protect against airborne missiles and grenades, theoretically. I'm sure the artists who designed the ED-209 model had a working knowledge of the script, and built it to make sense in that way.

These aren't my pics, I just like to share what I find. Mostly from Instagram tbh. My ED better hurry! Are SSC shipping out in a week or so?

Yes, I know. :)
And I really appreciate you posting all the pics.

I just find it amusing how thoughtless some people treat their figures. ;)

That new pic in the Detolf looks YAY!!!

I am SO hyped, I just downloaded this as Wallpaper.
yma4enud.jpg

Yes, I know. :)
And I really appreciate you posting all the pics.

I just find it amusing how thoughtless some people treat their figures. ;)

That new pic in the Detolf looks YAY!!!

I am SO hyped, I just downloaded this as Wallpaper.
yma4enud.jpg

No problem. Nice choice for a wallpaper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 332
I love how nerded out we all get about this. Most of my friends and co-workers just give me weird looks whenever I get into nerd mode (like I'll be in about a week when ED arrives on my doorstep).

So once assembled out of the box it can't be disassembled? That could make packing him up to move tricky...

yep definitly.
tried the hair dryer and no joy.
if it was not so big i would have tried hot water...
pretty annoying.
if anyone comes up with something that would be cool :)

It looks to me as though the glass shelves have been modified to fit him.

The one shelf has been moved down below the shelf rail, but that's surely to accommodate the legs being extended as much as they are in that photo. With the 13.5"-14" that's been mentioned here a few times for ED without the legs extended, the figure should fit in between two shelves (there's about 15 inches vertical space) in a neutral position.

Back