Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah thanks.
Great overview.
Now I know everything about the figure and can cancel my order so I won't die without money! :D

I'll be doing a really thorough review when I get mine, but that won't be for at least six weeks. I just got the Banner & Hulk set (review is uploading now btw) and I'm locked into an Iron Patriot preorder for next month, so I'm not going to order ED till a couple weeks after I get Iron Patriot.

But yeah, kick ass review incoming when I do get it! : D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found on Facebook.
ED-209 fits into a Detolf.

i68rua3l.jpg

Pic from Andrew RandomOne Whale @ facebook

Many thanks for sharing.... i raised the shelf for Hulk initially... he is standing half mast so to speak...he fits in fine... and there is plenty of room at the front for Robo... but i think the pair need there own custom display case to really...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nice photos... I'm wondering: Does the small targeting device above the missiles have the same back-and-forth mobility as seen in the film? I watched the video review, (thanks for that) and I didn't see any movable struts on the targeting device to allow it to be positioned back or forward; it just looked like it snaps on in one place.

Many thanks.... Yeah it moves backwards and forwards and the missile rack slides up and down depend8ng on which way you have the locking system set... its plastic but quite firm...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

it arrived! damn that thing is so magnificient! all those points of articulation, including the mentioned targeting system. i didn't even know it moves back & fourth before i read about it just now )
the sound feature is just super fun.
also, if it is a faked voice, why are people from the movie screaming there?
the only thing that bothers and frightens me is a knee joint. that stick you put inside the lower leg part. it takes ALL weight of robot's body, and it's just a plastic tube.
of course, if it breaks, it can be replaced with metal. but, when it breaks, it will make the whole ED roll over every furniture piece it meets, breaking everything on him. if only they made that joint metal.
some Robocop VS Terminator stuff.

001_zps72b72586.jpg~original

002_zps3de550e6.jpg~original

Last edited:
Congrats :)

The screams can be heard over the machinegun wich is from the movie.
They cut the new recorded voice with movie sounds.

What part of the knee yur talking about exactly?

Discovered that the little round things on the top of the legs can turn ^^

it arrived! damn that thing is so magnificient! all those points of articulation, including the mentioned targeting system. i didn't even know it moves back & fourth before i read about it just now )
the sound feature is just super fun.
also, if it is a faked voice, why are people from the movie screaming there?
the only thing that bothers and frightens me is a knee joint. that stick you put inside the lower leg part. it takes ALL weight of robot's body, and it's just a plastic tube.
of course, if it breaks, it can be replaced with metal. but, when it breaks, it will make the whole ED roll over every furniture piece it meets, breaking everything on him. if only they made that joint metal.
some Robocop VS Terminator stuff.

001_zps72b72586.jpg~original

002_zps3de550e6.jpg~original

Awesome pics! The toe and leg articulation just looks great.

VERY interesting unpacking.
Of course I didn't understand a single word, but it was shown nearly close up and detailed.
Could get excellent looks at details and articulation points.
And also that it could be hard to actually fit alternate stickers with those yellow-black warning stuff on it on the legs, but hsve too see.
Interesting second thing:
As he put in the AAA batteries I thought that maybe the whole bulge could house, or be the sound section.
Have to analyze it once I got it. Maybe somewhere there IS a removable card, although I highly doubt it.
Any second thoughts on it?

The screams can be heard over the machinegun wich is from the movie.
They cut the new recorded voice with movie sounds.
When I was extracting the boardroom slaughter sound effects from the 5.1 bluray, the machine gun and the screams were on a single track together. However, it was extremely easy for me to edit out each individual scream, (using cooledit) and replace it with adjacent sound to retain the gun's firing rate... Crap. I wish HT had taken my wav files from this forum and used them!

What I realized on the movie puppet in the boardroom scene:

These small segmented parts under the "knee" joints on the frontal side of the foot dampen the movements of the robot and move "into" the foot when he shuts down into standby.
Would be super awesome if the HT had this too!

But it certainly does not... :(

Awesome shots P!
I asked my son who would win between robo and terminator, he picks the t-800
I ask him who winds between ed209 and the t-800, he picks ed

What I realized on the movie puppet in the boardroom scene:

These small segmented parts under the "knee" joints on the frontal side of the foot dampen the movements of the robot and move "into" the foot when he shuts down into standby.
Would be super awesome if the HT had this too!

But it certainly does not... :(

I does.
I saw the unpacking and our chinese collector buddy actually extended the feet.
:D

Back