Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Weller has since given permission: "Old data, pay it no mind."
Furthermore: If this head sculpt is not included with my PO'd diecast version but only with a third version of RC, maybe BD, all I can say is this: Thanks HT, for giving me nice photos I can use to create an accurate knock-off.

Yes!! :goodpost:

That's the spirit!

Can't tell if that's Weller or not.

True but HT has to know that if they tease us with the back of a Murphy headsculpt and then it turns out not to be Weller theres gonna be a lot of pissed off Robocop fans. So I strongly suspect it will indeed be Weller.

Added to that the mouthpieces on the figure we've seen in full most definitely look like Weller.

True but HT has to know that if they tease us with the back of a Murphy headsculpt and then it turns out not to be Weller theres gonna be a lot of pissed off Robocop fans. So I strongly suspect it will indeed be Weller.

Added to that the mouthpieces on the figure we've seen in full most definitely look like Weller.

That's a good point, those mouth pieces do look a lot like Weller, especially the pucker-lips and the full-teeth straining mouth. When I first saw it I just assumed it wasn't Weller (because he's never given his likeness rights) but that they just did an amazing look-a-like job, but since Weller seems to be warming up to Robocop more and embracing his place as the character rather than fighting it (see the Funny or Die Detroit statue video) I think he's finally allowed them to immortalize him in 'toy' form. Plus it's just more money in his pocket...and maybe that's why it's so expensive! :)

A mouth that looks like Weller, still isn't Weller. And right now they are showing a full head that looks like Weller... at least working towards it. But honestly them showing a WIP means nothing about wether or not the head can actually be offered.

I mean just this week they finally showed the final sculpt for the Amazing Spider Man figure that was debuted nearly a year ago, thankfully it's an actual likeness. As opposed to it took months before we saw the final Kane sculpt only to get Freddy Mercury's cousin instead of John Hurt :lol

Just got a response from a retailer, and apparently Sideshow/Hot Toys has changed there wholesale prices and so the discounts that we use to get are not going to happen anymore.

So no more retailer discounts... that seriously blows. I remember the days of 15% off being the standard. Guess they're really trying to tighten up on their profits :huh

A mouth that looks like Weller, still isn't Weller. And right now they are showing a full head that looks like Weller...

If you're referring to the teaser sculpt with the face pointed away from the camera, how can you tell that's Peter Weller's likeness?

So excited for this guy, glad I got the chance to sell my ED ready for this one. Cain is gonna be insane. You guys think Cain will be as expensive as Iron Monger? I mean it's got more intricate and detailed parts than him.

Also, not a big fan of sound effect toys. I kinda wondering how its gonna sound, like real tinny or a decent speaker.

So excited for this guy, glad I got the chance to sell my ED ready for this one. Cain is gonna be insane. You guys think Cain will be as expensive as Iron Monger? I mean it's got more intricate and detailed parts than him.

By simple virtue of the fact that Iron Monger is already out and Cain isn't yet means that Cain will be more expensive than the monger. The more time that passes the more expensive HT figures are by default, no other considerations need even come into it.

Ok, what I meant was. Do you think Cain will be as expensive as what the Monger was when he first got released? All I'm thinking is, Cain is a lot more detailed and complex.

Ok, what I meant was. Do you think Cain will be as expensive as what the Monger was when he first got released? All I'm thinking is, Cain is a lot more detailed and complex.

Well I wasn't referring to Monger's aftermarket prices (which I'm not sure what those are). But yeah Cain will undoubtedly be more expensive than whatever Monger was.

I can't understand people selling their original ED-209 and Robocop's, I thought this was about collecting not just having the current generation or the newest.

Back