Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got rid of my old ED making way for the new one, I don't want two ED-209 figures side by side looking slightly different, one better than the other. I collect figures of the characters I like, I don't hoard every release of them. Plus, it's also making room for this big piece of robot.

:exactly: there is no point having two huge *** ed-209's taking up extra space, as for yoshi's other point i also agree there is no
point having 2 of the same character, especially one looking inferior and less accurate.

Has anyone received a response from HT regarding the rubber dome? I'm going to shoot them that question right now.

Well i dont know what kind of ****y rubber they used the first time but HT has much better materials now,
it could be like rubber stuff they used for the dx12 batman.

I never saw the sense in using ANY kind of rubber in the first place, even if it lasted forever. The dome in the movie has a metallic sheen to it, and the fine pattern of grooves and/or holes resembles a metal microphone cover.

I never saw the sense in using ANY kind of rubber in the first place, even if it lasted forever. The dome in the movie has a metallic sheen to it, and the fine pattern of grooves and/or holes resembles a metal microphone cover.

Agreed, I watched Robo1 the other night and noticed the dome has a hard look to it which so has a shine. I would prefer for them to use a hard plastic.

Man... those new pics of ED are badass!!! I felt bad selling the V1 awhile back as it was and still is one of my favorite pieces from HT. But I had to trust that the new one would be better and damned if it isn't just all around better looking.

Going to be sad selling Robocop now and waiting for a year or so w/o ED or Robo in the collection... but I have a feeling if I keep Robo much longer I'll end up loosing quite a bit of money on him :lol

... but I have a feeling if I keep Robo much longer I'll end up loosing quite a bit of money on him :lol

Yes, better do it now.
I put up my Robo 3 a few Days back and just within like three hours it was up to ~260$.
And it's still running for the coming eight days...

But it will certainly be hard to sell such cool figures but when I see those prototype pics... man, that coming figures will be awesome and hopefully worth the wait. :D

:exactly: there is no point having two huge *** ed-209's taking up extra space, as for yoshi's other point i also agree there is no
point having 2 of the same character, especially one looking inferior and less accurate.

Theres a point to it if you like having a collection that shows the toy-evolution of a character.

Theres a point to it if you like having a collection that shows the toy-evolution of a character.

Sometimes the more primitive version of the figure has more charm and displayability anyway.

I'd rather have a Kenner Luke Skywalker than anything Hasbro has ever made, accuracy be damned.

Agreed, I watched Robo1 the other night and noticed the dome has a hard look to it which so has a shine. I would prefer for them to use a hard plastic.

Write Hot Toys an e-mail and ask them to do that. This thing isn't out until February (if it comes out that early). There should be time to make a change like that.

I wrote to them asking for an Iron Monger, when the rumor was spreading around (reportedly from HT themselves) that they were not going to do it. They answered me back, telling me that my request had been forwarded to the development team. Their reply may or may not have been automated, but my message was worded as a 'request', so I think it was read and answered by a living being. This was quite a long time before the first hints of Iron Monger appeared on the net; maybe 18 months or so.
I sent a similar request to SS for a 1/6 scale ALIEN QUEEN w/ovipositor and egg chamber... and guess what??? They're doing just that. I specifically aimed that request at SS and not HT, hoping for a better price... which now seems like a futile tactic. The SS Alien Queen diorama will probably cost $450+.

I think if enough people inundate them with concerns about the dome, requesting rigid plastic, they might do it that way if they're not already. Everybody should email them NOW. Just send them a link to this image: https://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5500/eddome002.jpg

I just emailed them asking about the dome... Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure any email sent to them goes straight to the Junk mail folder. :lol

Yeah, that's what I thought. Either that or you get some pre-written email.

You receive a form e-mail response, but somebody does see it.
And Anthropoid is exactly right. If they receive enough e-mails expressing concern about the dome, they'll likely address it. They've done so in the past about other things.

Why don't we all just send them emails then? I'm pretty sure if they see 10 straight emails regarding the dome, they'll see it as something to look into.

Back