Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can't understand what people are seeing or not seeing here. This thing is amazing. Great articulation. Fantastic details. I just don't get it.
The voice thing is dumb but it was when it was in the specs and even more now that the voice is wrong. Personally couldn't give two ***** about it.
This is a brilliant figure.

I really can't understand what people are seeing or not seeing here. This thing is amazing. Great articulation. Fantastic details. I just don't get it.
The voice thing is dumb but it was when it was in the specs and even more now that the voice is wrong. Personally couldn't give two ***** about it.

No one is complaining about the figure itself, just the sound feature. This figure is brilliant, the detail is awesome and I think everyone would agree on that. People are just worried about the dome is all.

Hear, hear! So glad I'm getting it and really looking forward to seeing ED in hand. Think people are getting hung-up on some very minor nits, personally.

Completely agree. Perhaps the negativity is coming from people who have V1 and are not happy about this new Version. I don't really understand how anyone can look at this and not think it's an amazing representation of ED209 in 1/6 scale...

Agreed. A fact which makes it that much easier for me to pass on.

Really? A boring paintjob? It looks incredibly like the stop motion puppet to me? For a mass manufactured piece this is a showstopper IMO. Maybe I'm missing something?

Really? A boring paintjob? It looks incredibly like the stop motion puppet to me? For a mass manufactured piece this is a showstopper IMO. Maybe I'm missing something?

He was talking about the Enterbay Robocop and I agreed.

ED looks great. The sounds are no deal-breaker. The dome could be though.

The sound feature is a joke and it's even more now that it isn't even the right voice. They never should have bothered including it and should have helped reduced the price.

i'd buy two of them if i had enough space :(
still thinking about that. space is a big problem. but two EDs would look really cool.

Man, I'm tempted to order from timcent now
Any idea of the us release date from sideshow? Might be worth the extra $50 not having to wait a month or two

Presumably one clean and one with the BD arm?
well yes of course )
it would be nice to put a clean one separately and a BD in a fight with BD robocop. but guessing its size i don't think it's possible for me.
Great articulation.
i cannot understand from OMGs photo if ED can bend its knees. if there is a round joint there. where 4 big hydraulics are.

ED-209HD35_zps00e1fe1c.jpg~original

here.

Any use as a scale guide? I'm sure the new one will be the same size as the old one.
yes thank you, it's perfect as a scale guide,even better than a measuring line :)
well, i think those things simply arent shelf things. they will have to stand on the top, like HCG Hunter-Killer Goliath and SSC Hunter-Killer Aerial.
you made my decision, i'm purchasing a second one )

yes thank you, it's perfect as a scale guide,even better than a measuring line :)
well, i think those things simply arent shelf things. they will have to stand on the top, like HCG Hunter-Killer Goliath and SSC Hunter-Killer Aerial.
you made my decision, i'm purchasing a second one )

Cool. I'll stick with the one, my Robocop interest does not run quite as deep as Terminator. Also I have this old one, the dome is dusty and dying however. It will need replacing. So I too will have a non-BD dormant ED, the new one will either be freshly activated with legs extended or will have the BD arm. I'll alternate.

Man, I'm tempted to order from timcent now
Any idea of the us release date from sideshow? Might be worth the extra $50 not having to wait a month or two

Based on a bunch of people having their last flexpay on the 25th, I'd say Sideshow's getting this (or was told they are) around the end of the month.

I think Kidult's video shows rotation at that joint.
do you mean this joint?

920b717a8fb5.jpg

i'd like it to be functional of course. but cannot find a photo that would definitely show that.
i actually am not sure that the movie doll had it, but mechanics are surely designed for a knee bending/unbending function.

Back