Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Bottom line: If this new dome is crap, I'll be making a silicone rubber mold directly from it, and casting new domes in pre-colored plastic resin. Then I'll do a very light dry-brush to add a metallic sheen, and it will look more screen-accurate than the original HT out of the box.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a hardened resin as opposed to soft rubber-type material, anyway (guessing it will attract dust, even if it doesn't deteriorate). Hope you make the resin domes, regardless, Anthrapoid.

Wow, I wish I had the ability to look at a photograph and know what something is made of and how long it will last. :wink1:

pics by hsu

161336wb8yy9qeed9cttyo.jpg

161348g9xxirlbl2zorkh2.jpg

161322k00qiqn4ji4jzpst.jpg

161327ckkucn8bcinedkz8.jpg

161408bfcsf28csfefu32z.jpg

Just ordered one yesterday!.. those picture really changed my decision! .. LOL THAnks!

My word people sure are obsessed with posing ED-209's arms upside down! Its everywhere you look. Granted this guy was just demoing the articulation but I wouldn't be surprised if he left it that way.

:lecture ****ing awful. Way-to-kill all of his intimidation factor. Even the mechanical-based sounds are somewhat spoiled by the way some of them abruptly stop.

SWEET post!!! love it!

Wow, I wish I had the ability to look at a photograph and know what something is made of and how long it will last. :wink1:
Spend 40+ years working with different materials, photographing them, and experiencing the changing of their properties over long periods of time- and you may be able to. That's how I did it...

I love all the pretentious, "meh, I'll be taking the batteries out and won't even be using the electronics" and "I doubt the rubber will deteriorate, LOL@ the people that think they can tell from just looking at it" posts.

They reek of ignorance.

I love all the pretentious, "meh, I'll be taking the batteries out and won't even be using the electronics" and "I doubt the rubber will deteriorate, LOL@ the people that think they can tell from just looking at it" posts.

They reek of ignorance.
Really? I can honestly say I couldn't care less (*nods again at a-dev*) if my ED-209 came with a non-working sound chip. As for the is-it-or-isn't-it rubber dome, I'll be all-in the kvetching camp if it turns out HT used the same material as last time. If not, then a lot of the collectors b***hing jumped the gun. Either way, I'd still prefer Anthropoid's resin dome, anyway. Win/win for this cat, son!

Back