Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

I'm by no means a novice photographer, but I did recently purchase a DSLR camera, and I got a new tripod today and decided to do some quick shots of my RoboCop lineup (threw in the Terminator shot just because) and I also used the light on my iPhone to provide a single light source. Hopefully I can hone my skills to be adequate enough to pump out some rad shots of my collectibles on a routine basis.

Love my RoboCop collection. Just need the mechanical chair one to complete the set. Shame they supposedly didn't sell well for Hot Toys. I would've killed for another ED-209 down the road with smaller toes and narrower legs.

Is anyone's robocop leg broken?
just opened the last box that came too long ago to claim the problem. two were excellent, and third must be Robocop 2 figure, limbs off scene. guess i have an exclusive.

robo_broken_leg_zpsbhh6spfh.jpg~original
it's even the same side.
i never got a replacement because i unpacked the box after a year from it's arrival, and seller decided to keep silence for all my questions about this case (though keeps normal contact about everything else).

.....it's even the same side.
i never got a replacement because i unpacked the box after a year from it's arrival, and seller decided to keep silence for all my questions about this case (though keeps normal contact about everything else).

but mine was played for a year

.....it's even the same side.

The joint was tight. I worry that if I buy a new one, this will be happened again

i plan to find a metal pin and drill a hole in both parts, then glue it together.
the only problem is a metal pin. didn't find a small steel thing yet.
and yes i think this will happen to all robocops eventually (which are reposed from time to time), as the joints are too tight and the figure too heavy.
robocops, predators - that will happen eventually to all overweighted HT figures. but they will never use metal pegs. never.

You have chosen wisely. It doesn't have that purplish hue to the chrome all over like the film, but it's still a solid figure. If you could, you should definitely get the two pack if you don't have it already.

You have chosen wisely. It doesn't have that purplish hue to the chrome all over like the film, but it's still a solid figure. If you could, you should definitely get the two pack if you don't have it already.

Thanks. I get this on next Tuesday and I will post pictures. I wont get 2-pack but I might get battle damaged Robocop.

i plan to find a metal pin and drill a hole in both parts, then glue it together.
the only problem is a metal pin. didn't find a small steel thing yet.
and yes i think this will happen to all robocops eventually (which are reposed from time to time), as the joints are too tight and the figure too heavy.
robocops, predators - that will happen eventually to all overweighted HT figures. but they will never use metal pegs. never.

Try these.
20pcs Shaft Axis Φ2 mm for Car Toy Model Robot Part for DIY 2 60mm | eBay
They are very strong, and yu can cut them to your liking.
I used them to do some metal neck rod replacement for my 1/4 t800.

More choices :)
shaft axis model | eBay

wow thank you!
will save the item in my ebay and think about proper thickness.
those things are so useful often, but i don't remember now all times i needed them :)

I found a good offer and went for this awesome set. Thanks to everybody for the great pictures that have decided me to go for it. My own contribution... :)

Attachments

• DSCN4632.JPG
    DSCN4632.JPG
    462.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN4604.JPG
    DSCN4604.JPG
    458.7 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN4611.JPG
    DSCN4611.JPG
    469.2 KB · Views: 181
wow thank you!
will save the item in my ebay and think about proper thickness.
those things are so useful often, but i don't remember now all times i needed them :)

Yur welcome buddy.
Be sure to make one of yur great wip when yu décide to fix it :)

Had a few people at my place last night and this guy saw my Robocop and was in love. He was like, "Dude, I'll buy this from you right now for $100!". I just started laughing and he was like, "Yeah, I know that's a lot but I love Robocop." and I was like, "That's not why I'm laughing, that figure is worth over $250.".

I started listing off the prices of some of the other Hot Toys on my shelf and I think I blew his mind.

Had a few people at my place last night and this guy saw my Robocop and was in love. He was like, "Dude, I'll buy this from you right now for $100!". I just started laughing and he was like, "Yeah, I know that's a lot but I love Robocop." and I was like, "That's not why I'm laughing, that figure is worth over $250.".

I started listing off the prices of some of the other Hot Toys on my shelf and I think I blew his mind.
that's a perfect story of our collecting :lol
just have read it to my colleagues who are constantly shocked when i tell them the prices of our toys.

Back