Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few people at my place last night and this guy saw my Robocop and was in love. He was like, "Dude, I'll buy this from you right now for $100!". I just started laughing and he was like, "Yeah, I know that's a lot but I love Robocop." and I was like, "That's not why I'm laughing, that figure is worth over $250.".

I started listing off the prices of some of the other Hot Toys on my shelf and I think I blew his mind.

that's a perfect story of our collecting :lol
just have read it to my colleagues who are constantly shocked when i tell them the prices of our toys.

I know its funny when you tell them the price of the hot toys figures and they're like 'but they're just toys' and 'i wouldn't pay that much for a figure' and so on...

My mom and older sister used to give me crap about spending so much on hot toys figs but I haven't heard a peep from either of them since I sold a few for almost double what I paid for them

I love the fact that we live in a world where people spend £500+ a year, every year, on new phones that they'll use exclusively to send text messages and occasionally ****post on Twitter with just like their old phone was capable of, £15,000 on a Hermes handbag, £100 on a plain white t-shirt from ACP, £1000 on a pair of 'limited edition' trainers, and so on - and we're the weird ones for spending money on figures :cuckoo:

I'm pretty sure it was just a couple of people who were too rough when moving the arms.

It happened to mine, and I never took it out of a museum pose. The replacement arm I sourced has been posed far more and shown no signs of deterioration or damage. Now admittedly I have been treating the rubber parts with Shin-Etsu since replacing the arm, but honestly I think it was an issue affecting a very small batch of parts. Annoying if it does happen to you, though.

I love the fact that we live in a world where people spend £500+ a year, every year, on new phones that they'll use exclusively to send text messages and occasionally ****post on Twitter with just like their old phone was capable of, £15,000 on a Hermes handbag, £100 on a plain white t-shirt from ACP, £1000 on a pair of 'limited edition' trainers, and so on - and we're the weird ones for spending money on figures :cuckoo:.

I still use an old Nokia candy-bar type phone...y'know, with buttons. Can't remember how much it cost, less than a hundred euro maybe. I've had it for about 8 years. It still works and the screen isn't smashed. I use it as a phone. For internet I use my laptop.

I still use an old Nokia candy-bar type phone...y'know, with buttons. Can't remember how much it cost, less than a hundred euro maybe. I've had it for about 8 years. It still works and the screen isn't smashed. I use it as a phone. For internet I use my laptop.
exactly mo story (2010 phone and laughing about all that iphone race), plus i ignore laptops :)

exactly mo story (2010 phone and laughing about all that iphone race), plus i ignore laptops :)

I've had this laptop for about the same amount of time as my phone. I'll use it till it dies. I've no interest in updating certain things 'just because'.

My brother will be getting a new computer very soon and possibly be giving me his old one so hopefully I'll have that by the time the laptop quits life.

i remember my colleagues and relatives asking "why aren't you using whatsapp, it's so interesting". told them i was bored of messengers before they discovered internet :)
those recent "fashions" are for old people. it's good they are busy today and not dying from boredom, but anyway.

I've had this laptop for about the same amount of time as my phone. I'll use it till it dies. I've no interest in updating certain things 'just because'.

My brother will be getting a new computer very soon and possibly be giving me his old one so hopefully I'll have that by the time the laptop quits life.

I've got an iPhone 5 from my last contract that's still going strong. They offered me the chance to 'upgrade', but all they'd offer me was the iPhone 6+ (giant carbuncle) or that one Samsung phone where the screen wraps around the edges - oh, and they expected me to pay double my current rate for less minutes, less messages and no more unlimited internet for the 'privilege' of owning one of these 'amazing' new phones :rolleyes2 Told them exactly where they could stick it.

My computer's a late-2012 MacBook (don't laugh), which still runs every piece of professional-grade illustration software I use flawlessly after three years.

We've definitely reached a point where there's no reason to upgrade the things you own yearly for any reason other than social pressure.

But anyway, Robocop. Have to wonder what Verhoeven would come up with if he made the film nowadays...

I work on an upgrade cycle of five years for my iPhones/iPads and eight years for my Macs.

My current iMac was a real lemon for the first four years - all sorts of hardware and software problems, even a GPU recall - but seems to have settled down now.

But anyway, Robocop. Have to wonder what Verhoeven would come up with if he made the film nowadays...
iron-man-wallpaper-9.jpg

:lol

the final fight in IM1 was so stolen from R2, including the ripping a vital part from big robot's back.

iron-man-wallpaper-9.jpg

:lol

the final fight in IM1 was so stolen from R2, including the ripping a vital part from big robot's back.

The Robocop 2 end fight is criminally underrated - in fact I'd go as far as to say the whole film is. I'd love a Hot Toys Robocop 2 version of Robocop, even if it was a convention exclusive. Give it the blue finish, different face plates and a couple of new accessories and I'd be very happy.

There's so much material nowadays on all ends of the political and social spectrum just ripe for some vicious, uncompromising Robocop-style satire. It's one of the reasons I disliked the reboot so much, on its own merits it wasn't a completely unwatchable mess of a film but compared to the original it was totally sterile, toothless and bland. The best we got from it was 'drone warfare r bad'.

robocop 2 was unintentionally cheesy at times but I still really enjoyed it

it recaptured a lot of the first movie's satire elements and had its fair share of blood and gore even without verhoeven at the helm

I don't even want to talk about robocop 3.....

The Robocop 2 end fight is criminally underrated - in fact I'd go as far as to say the whole film is. I'd love a Hot Toys Robocop 2 version of Robocop, even if it was a convention exclusive. Give it the blue finish, different face plates and a couple of new accessories and I'd be very happy.

There's so much material nowadays on all ends of the political and social spectrum just ripe for some vicious, uncompromising Robocop-style satire. It's one of the reasons I disliked the reboot so much, on its own merits it wasn't a completely unwatchable mess of a film but compared to the original it was totally sterile, toothless and bland. The best we got from it was 'drone warfare r bad'.

Yeah i liked robocop 2 as well but only for the action scenes. The rest of the movie was pretty forgettable though unlike the first which was a classic and jam packed full of memorable scenes, lines, quotes, satire and action.

Has that been modded? Face looks a lot more covered.

I thought it looked odd myself. Like the chin-guard is up too high or something, which would be weird because normally you see it too low and too much of his chin exposed.

That looks goofy as hell. :lol

You guys slagging my Robocop -

sad.jpg

concernlewis.PNG

baddream.png

robocopoldmansad.png

Bunch of wrong 'uns. :lol

Nope no mods just a bad case of not fitting the mouth plate correctly, my bad. :slap

Now corrected....I hope -

:rotfl and i hoped you'd say you did it on some great unknown purpose.

wonderful lighting btw. really shows both metal & skin.

:rotfl and i hoped you'd say you did it on some great unknown purpose.

wonderful lighting btw. really shows both metal & skin.

Maybe I should have went down that route, the drugs made me do it or something!

Thanks for the kind words P.

Awesome pictures Yoshi, I love the lighting. Such a great figure despite a few issues.

Back