Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone noticed cracking or degradation of the rubber insides Robo's elbows and knees? With Summer just starting, my apartment can get pretty damn hot (no air conditioning) and I have some concerns about heat (and potentially humidity) leading to damage. I don't know if that's a realistic thing to be concerned about or not.

Question--I've read that the chinstrap swings out to make swapping faceplates easier (my instructions do not show this). Before I go screwing with the cinguard, can anyone explain where it detaches from and how?

I've already scratched two of my chins swapping the faces. Thank god the damage is hidden.

Question--I've read that the chinstrap swings out to make swapping faceplates easier (my instructions do not show this). Before I go screwing with the cinguard, can anyone explain where it detaches from and how?

I've already scratched two of my chins swapping the faces. Thank god the damage is hidden.
Left jaw, where rhe chin attaches
Just peel it back, put your desired mouth piece on and reattach
Very easy

Ich can be pulled out of the head on both sides of the head just where the ears would be positioned.
The Chinguard is bendable, so it shouldn't break.

Has anyone noticed cracking or degradation of the rubber insides Robo's elbows and knees? With Summer just starting, my apartment can get pretty damn hot (no air conditioning) and I have some concerns about heat (and potentially humidity) leading to damage. I don't know if that's a realistic thing to be concerned about or not.

Nope, nothing yet.
The picture we saw a few weeks back showed a torn elbow sleeve, probably caused by heavy bending of the elbow...

robo.jpg

Does anybody know someone that can paint as well as dark_spidey and who also lives in the states? I want my robocop painted in the robocop 1 colors.

*sighs* Really gonna have to pull out both Robo and ED and give all the rubber parts a treatment in rubber protectant. Don't get why they didn't just make it a hinged elbow. Stupid HT...

To be honest, bot pics of ripped elbow sleeves I've seen so far seem to show elbows bent for 90 degrees.
That's way too much, every sane person should realize that when he sees that stressed rubber when bent so far...!

What I totally dislike is the not properly closing gun holster/leg and that the diecast pistol scratches off some silver paint from the upper piston inside the leg... :/

Hmmm. Might not be a good idea to leave him sat in that chair. *********.

I never display him seated. I don't wanna risk tearing up the rubber cover on the knees. Right now museum poses are the only safe pose for figures with rubber joints. So far there's only one or two people who have torn elbows and I hope those are jist isolated cases. I already applied a water based rubber protector on the rubber parts just to be sure it doesn't dry out.

Back