Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not too worried, looks like another 90 degree angle issue. I'm going to repose him reaching for the gun in his holster. Seems safe enough.

Exactly what I did after reading about all this...unpleasantry. Awesome from ALL angles.
20141217_234707.jpg

20141217_234441-1.jpg

20141217_234537.jpg

The way he is now in the cabinet - I don't know but this pose just seems to accentuate his weight.
2015-05-19%2023.19.32.jpg

Im have trouble with choosing toy after i see the eb version of the Robocop, but if im check the final result of both toy, I can see - if i want a non posable static statue, eb is a good choose -, but where is Robocop with the classic Robo poses?

Now i have the hot toys robo, but i dont know....lookin more Weller and lifelike than eb Robo 3. Somebody have both?

Everytime if i see any pose of EB Robo i can cry:( a perfect 1\4 Robo but without any potencial. What do you think guys? i know this is a 100x times eated bone.

What im not like in hot toys robo: 1.,again a long neck -> lookin too narrow -> everybody can fix this problem, just replace the head peg to a shorter peg, or just remove the rubber ring (or make shorter) like on my pictures.

2.,articulated big gorilla hands why?? the fisted hands lookin good, why need hot toys make so big? i know, i know articaulated fingers need some place, but not so much...i can live without these fingers if i get a better lookin hands.

Some pictures about my positions (hehe i have the original stand, i like better - and can hold good the robo):

20150507_154856.jpg

20150507_154905.jpg

20150507_154635.jpg

20150522_105133.jpg

I don't think the neck is too long.
In fact I think it's just about the right size.

And the hands... dunno... never regarded them as too big.

The lack of a formed gunholding hand is indeed a shame.
At least, they should have molded a gap for the pistol shaft into his right hand so the gun would sit right and the fingers could easily grip it.

Hm this is i think life vs toy thing. If you check the action scenes, if Weller hold the arm higher the chest shield comes little bit higher and the neck lookin shorter.

Hands: easy to see, in scenes where Weller hold the auto-9, Weller hand ending by the holster end, not by ammo clip, currently the hand center piece is little bit bigger for this fingers, this is what for me not lookin good, fist hands size is good.

I think the other side Enterbay failed in this case, but not with hand size, the auto-9 holster is longer by EB.

I like the hand.
The way that it´s supposed to REALLY grab it totally and perfectly simulates and shows the way and the problems Weller must have had grabing the gun.

I love your poses Helligab they look great :)

As for the figure I think he's great aside from the colour issue but I do agree my biggest niggle is the hand, I just can't seem to get the fingers to bend correctly for a realistic gun pose.

But generally I love him.

Neil

thank you, as a hard core fan, these is a poses what i realy like too.

Yeah the hands, if somebody put side by side the fisted hand and the articulated, the articaulated is bigger. If i have the older original robocop i can try with the sculpted hands.

Somebody not have have the original Robocop? to check how looks the new robo with the sculpted pistol holding hands?

Colors? everbody know hot toys can release a second or a third variant (like before) with blue style paint and with gunarm.

Maybe i order a enterbay robocop too to compare and i take the better lookin, because i have not found any good comparism.

I love your poses Helligab they look great :)

As for the figure I think he's great aside from the colour issue but I do agree my biggest niggle is the hand, I just can't seem to get the fingers to bend correctly for a realistic gun pose.

But generally I love him.

Neil

Im have trouble with choosing toy after i see the eb version of the Robocop, but if im check the final result of both toy, I can see - if i want a non posable static statue, eb is a good choose -, but where is Robocop with the classic Robo poses?

Now i have the hot toys robo, but i dont know....lookin more Weller and lifelike than eb Robo 3. Somebody have both?
i have both, here are some comparison shots. Hot toys version is more poseable and can hit the iconic looks better
compright.png

base2comp.png

compfront.png

compleft.png

pcscomparison-1.png

8E451E35-2EE0-41FC-AFA7-14A9049E5E57.jpg

Ht looks superior- I like the shiny finish better than EBs although I'm sure it's not accurate!:rotfl

Ht looks superior- I like the shiny finish better than EBs although I'm sure it's not accurate!:rotfl

I dunno maybe I'm in the minority here but for me anyway the enterbay version looks more proportionally accurate to whats seen on screen. The hot toys version looks like an idealised version of Robocop with its thin legs, small chest and big head. The enterbay version if you look at the pics mimicks the barrel chested look of Robocop right down to a tee.

I dunno maybe I'm in the minority here but for me anyway the enterbay version looks more proportionally accurate to whats seen on screen. The hot toys version looks like an idealised version of Robocop with its thin legs, small chest and big head. The enterbay version if you look at the pics mimicks the barrel chested look of Robocop right down to a tee.
I'm with you on that

^I also agree. HT's is definitely better when it comes to articulation and overall build/quality. BUT, the EB version still looks better and more accurate proportion-wise to me. Both are too silver in color, but the EB version is not bright and reflective like HT, which is what really kills the HT paint job for me.

I never thought an inaccurate paint job could ruin a figure for me, but I think that's why the novelty of the HT RC wore off so quickly for me. I was impressed with it for about a week, and then I just grew to dislike it more and more afterward. Only reason I still have it in the collection is because I plan to repaint it eventually. Really hoping the battle damage on the new HT version will make the paint job appear darker. It'd be a pain to have to repaint that one too.

It's sad because it's been proven (by a member here) that it can be done (an accurate Robocop 1 paintjob). Same goes for the Terminator Endoskeleton - I have a custom figure from a member here with a dead-on accurate paintjob which unfortunately will probably not be achieved by Hot Toys if they do a new 1:6 figure. It certainly wasn't replicated by the QS002 figure.

Wouldn't you guys say this is the most polarizing figure of the year? Some love it while others cannot stand the paint job and feel it ruins it as a whole. I personally love it and am glad I have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you guys say this is the most polarizing figure of the year? Some love it while others cannot stand the paint job and feel it ruins it as a whole. I personally love it and am glad I have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly yes, very polarising. I'm in the middle, both glad to have it and yet frustrated that the paintjob didn't end up quite so perfect as it appeared in the promotional pics. I aint selling it though.

The sculpt is fantastic, undeniably Peter Weller and HT provided a perfect array of facial expressions for him (unlike Batman Returns where 2 of the faceplates are virtually identical, wtf )

And the articulation, both in the amount of POA and the range of motion for each joint, is far beyond what anyone expected from a Robocop figure.

It's sad because it's been proven (by a member here) that it can be done (an accurate Robocop 1 paintjob). Same goes for the Terminator Endoskeleton - I have a custom figure from a member here with a dead-on accurate paintjob which unfortunately will probably not be achieved by Hot Toys if they do a new 1:6 figure. It certainly wasn't replicated by the QS002 figure.

It is sad and a real shame when you think about it. HT went through all the trouble to recreate pretty much every detail on the figure, and then they totally drop the ball on one of the most important details, the paint. I'll admit, the RC1 paint job is complex and not easily replicated, but to make the color almost completely different is just...weird.

Certainly yes, very polarising. I'm in the middle, both glad to have it and yet frustrated that the paintjob didn't end up quite so perfect as it appeared in the promotional pics. I aint selling it though.

The sculpt is fantastic, undeniably Peter Weller and HT provided a perfect array of facial expressions for him (unlike Batman Returns where 2 of the faceplates are virtually identical, wtf )

And the articulation, both in the amount of POA and the range of motion for each joint, is far beyond what anyone expected from a Robocop figure.

I'm also glad to have it too. Would rather have it than not, but I love AND hate this figure at the same time. It's close to perfect in every regard, EXCEPT for the paint :gah: Only way I can describe it is dating a hot ass girl that is perfect in every way, except she's bald or missing a tit. It may be just one detail, but it's a glaring detail, that HT's just totally neglected. Weird analogy, I know, but that's how I feel about this figure. Why even bother to R&D everything about RC1 if you're not going to bother to paint him the correct, or close to correct color?? :slap

Back