Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome analogy man, hahaha. But I know exactly what you mean, I got him the week of release direct from Hong Kong and loved him but as the weeks went on I gradually felt more and more disappointed with him. Until I finally sold him and I gotta say I don't miss him. It was too obviously wrong it ruined the figure.
What's even worse is how awesome he would of looked with ed209 but they dropped the ball with the rotting dome on that too. Just a massive disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame the figures weren't perfect but I'm happy enough with them. Especially in light of how the line appears to have tanked I wouldn't expect Robo to get revisited in future and likely it'll have a negative affect on whether HT bothers to take chances on other older properties.

That's the damn shame about the whole thing. They screw up a major aspect of the figure and then prescribe poor sales to "not enough demand" when there would be more demand had they not screwed up. :gah:

I really do enjoy everything about the figure. I may be the minority but I love it. And I'm a huge Robonerd. Yes, it'd be cool to have the movie accurate paint job. But this has its own charm and I find it really pops in the collection.

Shame the figures weren't perfect but I'm happy enough with them. Especially in light of how the line appears to have tanked I wouldn't expect Robo to get revisited in future and likely it'll have a negative affect on whether HT bothers to take chances on other older properties.
Even if the line tanked Hot Toys gave us more than I would have ever expected them to. Robocop, Battle Damaged Robocop, Murphy in cop gear, and ED-209 is a pretty good lineup and more than a lot of films get. Realistically I don't know what else would have been made. It is too bad that the ED-209 had so many issues. The paint on Robocop may not be perfect but I'm overall satisfied with it and I think the upcoming two pack will be a solid release too.

That's the damn shame about the whole thing. They screw up a major aspect of the figure and then prescribe poor sales to "not enough demand" when there would be more demand had they not screwed up. :gah:

The demand low because lack interest in Asia and HK as biggest market. Man someone sell Robo for $190 in my local store, I asked why they sell that low. Simply no one interested even asking for it

It's sad because it's been proven (by a member here) that it can be done (an accurate Robocop 1 paintjob). Same goes for the Terminator Endoskeleton - I have a custom figure from a member here with a dead-on accurate paintjob which unfortunately will probably not be achieved by Hot Toys if they do a new 1:6 figure. It certainly wasn't replicated by the QS002 figure.

Which member are you referring to?

The demand low because lack interest in Asia and HK as biggest market. Man someone sell Robo for $190 in my local store, I asked why they sell that low. Simply no one interested even asking for it

I was more referring to the western markets, Sideshow and the general reaction on the board. Lots of people passed because they didn't like the paint job and the character wasn't important enough to them to buy anyway.

Which member are you referring to?

I think it was DarkSpidey who did a magnificent RoboCop 2 colours repaint.

I'm shocked that Asia doesn't care about an American movie from 1987. :lol

I wonder how much is made strictly for Asian interests tho. This is a very American Hero and a large part of Americana in my opinion. I think it would sell in Asia as the movie had a large impact globally. But I'm not surprised if this was more popular in America. I'm Canadian and love the movie and really love the figure. This will always trump all the numerous Iron Man suits made. I don't see how someone could justify that a never seen in film Iron Man suit variant is better than one of the best representations of a pop culture icon. Furthermore, I cannot see arguments made against the newly released B/D Robo and those who say the parts should have been included in the original. Again, look at all the IM variants (without a head sculpt). I think that the figures released are more than justified regardless of sales. I'm sad these haven't sold well (and I have no source to back this up, just hear this fact from forum members) since I do put these way over a lot of the other releases. Of course I'm biased. Anyways. That's my two cents.

robocop_vs_iron_man_3.jpg

I wonder how much is made strictly for Asian interests tho. This is a very American Hero and a large part of Americana in my opinion. I think it would sell in Asia as the movie had a large impact globally. But I'm not surprised if this was more popular in America. I'm Canadian and love the movie and really love the figure. This will always trump all the numerous Iron Man suits made. I don't see how someone could justify that a never seen in film Iron Man suit variant is better than one of the best representations of a pop culture icon. Furthermore, I cannot see arguments made against the newly released B/D Robo and those who say the parts should have been included in the original. Again, look at all the IM variants (without a head sculpt). I think that the figures released are more than justified regardless of sales. I'm sad these haven't sold well (and I have no source to back this up, just hear this fact from forum members) since I do put these way over a lot of the other releases. Of course I'm biased. Anyways. That's my two cents.

Oh, I agree. Did you see how HK reacted to the Mark XLV PO at Secret Base? They had to call in police for crowd control. CROWD CONTROL. :ohbfrank:

I'm not saying ppl should like this character or figure. Be it for me to tell ppl what to buy. I just want to say that I'm glad Robocop gets his due, amongst the sea of redundant releases (in my opinion). Robocop is an important pop icon. He's had his day now with the releases. And I'm glad for it.

Back