Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the general consensus for those who have received your Robocop’s that you are filtering past the inaccurate colour and are amazed at the beauty of the figure? How many of you think the colour is perfect?

I know it's not perfect, but it is fantastic all the same. He looks sharp alone, he looks great with my other 80s HTs - heck, he looks great hanging with the Iron Man armors. I'm super excited I sprung for him.

My only two nitpicks - I just can't get the gun to sit naturally and be secure and the chins don't quite fit - I put a little crease in one already (damn!) from it being too tight a fit. Those to me are far bigger (& still tiny) issues than the exact coloring. I just read it here somewhere - for some reason that metallic/oil slick color from the movie just seems impossible to replicate. And in that regard, better silver than blue.

I know it's not perfect, but it is fantastic all the same. He looks sharp alone, he looks great with my other 80s HTs - heck, he looks great hanging with the Iron Man armors. I'm super excited I sprung for him.

My only two nitpicks - I just can't get the gun to sit naturally and be secure and the chins don't quite fit - I put a little crease in one already (damn!) from it being too tight a fit. Those to me are far bigger (& still tiny) issues than the exact coloring. I just read it here somewhere - for some reason that metallic/oil slick color from the movie just seems impossible to replicate. And in that regard, better silver than blue.
Did you unhook the chin strap when trying to insert a mouthpiece?

I agree silver is better than blue, just look at V.1 but, as said before in those poor sweatshops they just can't replicate perfection on a huge scale, or so I would assume, until they show pics of the factory.

And then again you still get pics like those Rzez just posted which simulate the movie look pretty well

yeah some that complain about it being too silver photograph it under bright white light, I'm sure when they filmed the movie they used perfect lighting too, its the basics to photography guys, but none of us prob. took classes right? So what do we know? The other day on Yahoo some paparazi was talking about how lighting can make a actress look like she's got plastic surgery done and it reminded me of our figures. :lol

A lot of people already got their single version robocops from Sideshow; you and me and a bunch of others have to wait until they get more stock.

Yes. Mine SHOULD have been delivered yesterday(11/12), but according to UPoS "A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay." So I should be getting mine today from Sideshow. It's a good thing I just so happen to be off today as well as yesterday...

Troll for sure obviously you don't have the decency to read others posts, everyone on here despite the brightness like their figures and have called it figure of the year, I am against the blue look since thats what the awful Frank Miller's Robocop 2 had, someone posted a picture of the 2 movies and clearly robo from the first film was more machine metal grey than blue compared to the 2nd film. And for someone who is getting a Robocop for free, you sure are being negative, nice 23 posts for being here since 2010, this is obviously a troll account of someone else on here.

What's the matter with you man? People aren't allowed to voice their opinions? Regardless of whether I'm getting it as a gift or not has no bearing on whether I'm allowed to speak up. I would have bought the figure either way. And I think I'm also totally warranted about my comment on them claiming it's a diecast series and charging $300 bucks for it when only less than 20% of it is diecast. Is this not correct? Or do you agree with that action? And are the diecast areas not slightly purplish? I haven't seen it in person yet, but based some reviews that's what I see. Hence why I'm asking here. I don't see anything wrong with that either.

Instead of just flat out labeling people who have the guts to voice their opinions on a $300 figure as a troll. Why don't we just talk about the facts instead and not be afraid of people voicing concerns about a figure. If it wasn't for people like me who actually have some standards and are willing to speak up when things are off, the Christopher Reeve Superman figure (which I own and appreciate very much) wouldn't have been improved from the prototype, which was definitely off. Or the changing (improving) of the amazing spiderman 2 fabric for the suit. These things happen when there's people who are willing to voice up concerns instead of just bandwagon jumping fanboys who turn a blind eye over any issues.

Instead of acting like a fanboy, let's be pragmatic. Is there a slight purplish hue to the die cast parts? And is the overall color tone too bright gray compared to the movie? I haven't seen my figure yet in person hence why I'm asking here. I don't see anything wrong with that. Even if it has these issues, from what I can see it still looks great and isn't a deal breaker for me. But if the purplish hue to the die cast parts are noticeable, then I'd be disappointed in Hot Toys decision to purposely add a few diecast part just so they can label it "die cast" to justify them charging $300, while leaving us with a figure with slightly mismatched colors from diecast to non diecast parts. I would have rather paid a lower price and having it all plastic with one consistent color (no purple hue) if that's the case. I think that is a valid point don't you think? However, here's hoping the purplish hue isn't very noticeable in person.

At least those of you waiting on Sideshow *will* get yours at some point. I am starting to wonder what happens when a seller sends a package that gets lost in the postage system, technically they have sent the item and have proof (a receipt) so it's your word against theirs. Hope this mess is sorted soon, the release of this thing hasn't been worth it for me at all.

Good luck guys, hopefully your second shipment comes in soon and there's not another 2-3 month delay.

What's the matter with you man? People aren't allowed to voice their opinions? Regardless of whether I'm getting it as a gift or not has no bearing on whether I'm allowed to speak up. I would have bought the figure either way. And I think I'm also totally warranted about my comment on them claiming it's a diecast series and charging $300 bucks for it when only less than 20% of it is diecast. Is this not correct? Or do you agree with that action? And are the diecast areas not slightly purplish? I haven't seen it in person yet, but based some reviews that's what I see. Hence why I'm asking here. I don't see anything wrong with that either.

Instead of just flat out labeling people who have the guts to voice their opinions on a $300 figure as a troll. Why don't we just talk about the facts instead and not be afraid of people voicing concerns about a figure. If it wasn't for people like me who actually have some standards and are willing to speak up when things are off, the Christopher Reeve Superman figure (which I own and appreciate very much) wouldn't have been improved from the prototype, which was definitely off. Or the changing (improving) of the amazing spiderman 2 fabric for the suit. These things happen when there's people who are willing to voice up concerns instead of just bandwagon jumping fanboys who turn a blind eye over any issues.

Instead of acting like a fanboy, let's be pragmatic. Is there a slight purplish hue to the die cast parts? And is the overall color tone too bright gray compared to the movie? I haven't seen my figure yet in person hence why I'm asking here. I don't see anything wrong with that. Even if it has these issues, from what I can see it still looks great and isn't a deal breaker for me. But if the purplish hue to the die cast parts are noticeable, then I'd be disappointed in Hot Toys decision to purposely add a few diecast part just so they can label it "die cast" to justify them charging $300, while leaving us with a figure with slightly mismatched colors from diecast to non diecast parts. I would have rather paid a lower price and having it all plastic with one consistent color (no purple hue) if that's the case. I think that is a valid point don't you think? However, here's hoping the purplish hue isn't very noticeable in person.

Well you seem like a troll especially considering you have no re-guard for others comments I guess you don't have time to read others comments, someone answered your question posts ago, go back and check also I wasn't the only one that called you out on being a troll. Try posting more and getting involved with this community and I wont judge you as one, I respect your opinion and yes you should speak on behalf of not liking something, but considering you don't have it in hand its hard to have a opinion, and since others including myself are here everyday just about I'll take their word on the paint job, not sure if you have read prob. not but the diecast isn't for the high price but prob. for Peter Weller's likeness a good example of license issues is the whole Disney/Star Wars Red 5 figure coming out and the raising of prices, if you don't like it then you might want to find another hobby cause thats the direction this hobby is going sorry. Just look at Red 5 its 240.oo which is 60.00 cheaper than Robocop and has no diecast or likeness of Mark Hamill but I wont waste my breath with you if you are not willing to read other's posts.

Not mine. Found these one facebook. Not sure if they've been posted here.
attachment.php

This is beautiful:thud:

Is lootentoys serious?
I finally decided to go with the chair version, shipped by ems since I'm a bit impatient and the guys says he has stock but no shipping box for it , says he will ship before the 20th...
Huh?

I agree silver is better than blue, just look at V.1 but, as said before in those poor sweatshops they just can't replicate perfection on a huge scale, or so I would assume, until they show pics of the factory.

It's not a matter of "replicating perfection", the silver base just needs to be a couple of shades darker is all. Pearlescent paintjobs are pretty, but they're not amazingly complicated.

It's not a matter of "replicating perfection", the silver base just needs to be a couple of shades darker is all. Pearlescent paintjobs are pretty, but they're not amazingly complicated.

Good point but do you work for them?, I love you Walker cause you have no love for Hot Toys, just like I have no love for the blind that follow SS and their bad paint applications, but unless we work at their factories we will never know what it takes to replicate the paint job, especially on a scale that is worldwide, I'm surprised they do the job they do, like I've said it prob. a sweat shop with people that have little or no art talent so what we get is better than most past releases which I'm happy with, its not perfect but better than my V.1 which I did own and I'm happy with that, I could careless about gimmicks just give me a good sculpt and a decent paint job and I'm happy it looks like Robocop good enough for me.

@Eric923, the figure has purple hues running through the whole thing, it is suppose to be there. However, if you are saying you believe the hues stand out more in the die cast areas of the figure, they do, BUT.. at the same time everything blends very well. Just wait until you get the figure, you will see what I mean. It isn't like this or anything:
RobocopHD225_zps6f30d92b.jpg

On another note, and i believe someone else already brought this up, the crotch grabber really doesn't seem to do anything as far as holding the figure. It's a good thing the joints are tight and you can balance the figure well, but shall they loosen up too much I would imagine a few dives happening.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet. Was checking out some reviews and noticed the diecast parts had a slight purplish hue to it. Does everyone see this on their figure? I find it's pretty dumb if it does. Cause not only do they market it as "diecast" but have less than 20% of it being that material and then shamelessly charging us $300 bucks for it. But their decision to do so may have also led to a defective product where the paints don't match with that purplish hue. I would have rather they made it all non-diecast if doing so means we don't get mismatched colors.

And I agree with everyone.. the overall paint job is a touch too silver for sure. it does need a touch of blue to it.

But still looking forward to this figure. Like many ppl here, my buddy ordered this for my bday "last" year summer already and he didn't get any shipment yet. haha

kairus pretty much addresses your concerns in his video. He says that the purple paint applications on the upper arms and calves and lower legs are noticeable on one side, but not as much on the other. Do most, if not all, of the figures have uneven, perhaps sloppy, paint apps? I haven't opened mine yet, but I'll look for this.

He also said he posed Robo in the chair overnight and noticed the next day a bit of creasing in the rubber, right behind the knees. That means don't leave Robo, for any length of time, in anything other than a museum pose!

kairus pretty much addresses your concerns in his video. He says that the purple paint applications on the upper arms and calves and lower legs are noticeable on one side, but not as much on the other. Do most, if not all, of the figures have uneven, perhaps sloppy, paint apps? I haven't opened mine yet, but I'll look for this.

He also said he posed Robo in the chair overnight and noticed the next day a bit of creasing in the rubber, right behind the knees. That means don't leave Robo, for any length of time, in anything other than a museum pose!

I'm wondering if the creasing is permanent or temporary
Nothing sloppy about my robos paint job. I wouldn't call the example above sloppy, just inconsistent

If it's the same as the Iron Man figures which it feels like, then the ceases are not an issue. Nearly all the iron man figures have similar joints and there have not been any reported problems that I've heard of.

If it's the same as the Iron Man figures which it feels like, then the ceases are not an issue. Nearly all the iron man figures have similar joints and there have not been any reported problems that I've heard of.
Any rotting/deterioration on the IM figures?

Never mind, posted before your edit

Back