Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this was mentioned yet. Was checking out some reviews and noticed the diecast parts had a slight purplish hue to it. Does everyone see this on their figure? I find it's pretty dumb if it does. Cause not only do they market it as "diecast" but have less than 20% of it being that material and then shamelessly charging us $300 bucks for it. But their decision to do so may have also led to a defective product where the paints don't match with that purplish hue. I would have rather they made it all non-diecast if doing so means we don't get mismatched colors.

And I agree with everyone.. the overall paint job is a touch too silver for sure. it does need a touch of blue to it.

But still looking forward to this figure. Like many ppl here, my buddy ordered this for my bday "last" year summer already and he didn't get any shipment yet. haha

Troll for sure obviously you don't have the decency to read others posts, everyone on here despite the brightness like their figures and have called it figure of the year, I am against the blue look since thats what the awful Frank Miller's Robocop 2 had, someone posted a picture of the 2 movies and clearly robo from the first film was more machine metal grey than blue compared to the 2nd film. And for someone who is getting a Robocop for free, you sure are being negative, nice 23 posts for being here since 2010, this is obviously a troll account of someone else on here.

Sure wish I knew what was going on here. SS hasn't been very specific with me. Just the usual "Still waiting on shipment. We will notify you when..." It's getting old. I haven't been on PO as long as most of you guys but that doesn't mean I haven't been waiting for this since it was first announced. *sigh* I just want answers.

Me too, trust me, I've been bugging them for the last like 3 days and they haven't budged one single bit on when and where the second batch is, kinda pisses me off that they give 1 to IGN to review, but not to Michael Crawford a real figure reviewer and a 2nd one to Kotaku instead of say to someone who ordered this in Jan., after all I'm going through I'm seriously re considering supporting SS on any PO's I just about cancelled the ones I got with them now because of Robocop, honestly they shouldn't have put up a PO so early, or even put a tentative date on anything when they know the figure wont in fact come out at that date. If I were you guys I wouldn't PO the BD one yet till it comes really close to release like say when HK gets theirs.

Haven't opened mine yet but I got a free Dolly figure with him. Going to try to get him opened and set up this weekend.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415841231.692201.jpg

Has anyone received and notice from sideshow about when the Single version Robo cop is shipping ? Mine still says processing and I didn't receive anything .

Thanks dude.:duff

I don't even know if my electronics work yet. Seems kind of a waste to buy batteries just to take them back out again, and have no other use for them.:confused:

You should probably check, just to make sure it works. Unless that doesn't matter to you.

Haven't opened mine yet but I got a free Dolly figure with him. Going to try to get him opened and set up this weekend.

View attachment 145899

Congrats, Zod! :clap

Has anyone received and notice from sideshow about when the Single version Robo cop is shipping ? Mine still says processing and I didn't receive anything .
A lot of people already got their single version robocops from Sideshow; you and me and a bunch of others have to wait until they get more stock.

Decided I'm going to buy another robo and get my mate to airbrush the silver for the more screen accurate look. He has airbrushed robo suits for Bruce Hansing (robo suit replica maker)

Nice! I'd be super interested in how this turns out. I was waiting for someone to give it a try.

If someone manages to do it successfully, I'm not gonna be too happy with Hot Toys.

Why!? That is 1x1 paint job which well have more care put into it then say like 400,000 or whatever number it is that Hot Toys is making at a factory, its just how things are, we are lucky that all the Robo's look the way they do and they didn't **** that up.

Why!? That is 1x1 paint job which well have more care put into it then say like 400,000 or whatever number it is that Hot Toys is making at a factory, its just how things are, we are lucky that all the Robo's look the way they do and they didn't **** that up.

We'll hopefully find out from BuGz. If his painter achieves the movie look maybe BuGz can get that guys opinion on whether his paintjob could have been mass-produced.

We'll hopefully find out from BuGz. If his painter achieves the movie look maybe BuGz can get that guys opinion on whether his paintjob could have been mass-produced.

Ya didn't he say the guy does like 1:1 scale paint jobs or something? But still I doubt a bunch factory workers with what minimal art background they have could have pulled it off, thats why I think we were lucky with what we got and not a blue mess. I imagine a big sweat shop, but does anyone have pics of their factories?

Ya didn't he say the guy does like 1:1 scale paint jobs or something? But still I doubt a bunch factory workers with what minimal art background they have could have pulled it off, thats why I think we were lucky with what we got and not a blue mess. I imagine a big sweat shop, but does anyone have pics of their factories?

Not a sweatshop, but a light perspiration shop.

Nah you know what you could be right. Perhaps saying I ''won't be happy'' with Hot Toys is a little dramatic when the situation could be what you describe. It'll be interesting nonetheless to see if any custom paintjobs emerge that look like the movie and how complicated a process it was.

Back