Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if we ever find out HT knew it couldn't do any of that from the very beginning and bandied about that Manna-From-Heaven prototype anyway, I'll be friggin' pissed.

Why does it matter what color it is if you aren't ever going to open yours up anyway?:huh

Got mine last night.

Love.

It.

:clap

Easily the Figure of the Year for me. Beautiful.

My only gripe is the lack of a molded gun hand, but that's minor.

I may be in the minority on the color issue (or at least in the camp that hasn't been terribly vocal on the boards) but I think the color is great. I've never been a huge fan of the blues and purples -- even in the movie -- so having a more silver/gray Robo is just fine by me. That said, mine does have some fairly obvious touches of both colors.

Anyhow, he's my favorite figure of the year. Well done, HT. Well done.

And bang, another person who loves the figure in hand. Congrats!

Yep got my notice to be shipped the 25th but since I am getting married on the 29th and leaving for the US on the 1st December I will be passing by it in the air LOL. Oh well Just means I will now have this, ThreeA Titan & MP Bumblebee to open when I get back in January :)

Yep got my notice to be shipped the 25th but since I am getting married on the 29th and leaving for the US on the 1st December I will be passing by it in the air LOL. Oh well Just means I will now have this, ThreeA Titan & MP Bumblebee to open when I get back in January :)

Congrats on your marriage man, got the email too I will finally get Robocop after the 25th, excited :yess:

Man, they totally had the paint down right on the prototype, didn't they? Even under that flash photo on the left, it looks the proper gun-metal grey color instead of the bright polished chrome that we got.

Prototypes are done 1:1 not scale but it is made by one person, just like the person having theirs airbrushed that one will prob. look like the prototype thats why there is a disclaimer "product will not look like prototype", they take care in making most prototypes when it comes to making them, the final version is made in a factory, come on guys have a little common sense. I'm thinking about posting a timeline of every Robocop figure released just to show how lucky we are we got what we got, and no its not being kind cause he just came out, like Bo Shrek said, not at all I don't have the figure yet, but I had the first one, and this is a vast improvement on that or any other Robocop I've ever had before, in person it must look even better from what people are saying in here.

Nice! Just got that email from SS too and I just ordered on Nov 11. Last flex pay for Heartbreaker is set for the 25th as well.

Which amounts to the same thing. I mean, who buys a figure to occasionally pose it but always return it to having no joints bent by default? Defeats the object surely? :)

Depending on the figure I don't do many poses, because Hot Toys has a huge known issue with QC and its a good thing I do that, because god forbid I have to sell them they come to the seller in mint or perfect condition, and I like museum poses, for Robo its going to be hard though cause I really want to post him with his right arm in the 90 degree angle like most have him in, we'll see once I get him.

Well yeah. I mean you can get a statue from PCS. The whole point of this is that you can pose him. But if you can't leave him like that, I'd say what I said before; if that's an issue for you, that's a reason not to purchase imho :)

Yeah I mean I just see reviews of people treating this figure like its a toy you can just buy at ToysRus and forget they spent $300.00 on it when Hot Toys has major issues, so museum poses have always been the way to go for me, on things like rubber suits or any rubber, but not on humans, but then again go check out the Joe Colton page, mine has a loose leg and I don't even want to pose that one any more :(

robo.jpg

Got mine in from Sideshow!! Seems like I'm the last of the lucky few who was able to get one of the first shipment... Anyway, I quite like him. I'm a TAD disappointed in his sun tan. But other than that(and that isn't even a huge deal), he's great. And yeah, he is a bit sliver. He matched up quite nicely with the endo stood up next to him. But BOY is he a far cry from the Ultra Police figure that I had as a kid. So overall I couldn't be happier, even though my setup isn't as fancy as many of you guys' on here.

Prototypes are done 1:1 not scale but it is made by one person, just like the person having theirs airbrushed that one will prob. look like the prototype thats why there is a disclaimer "product will not look like prototype", they take care in making most prototypes when it comes to making them, the final version is made in a factory, come on guys have a little common sense. I'm thinking about posting a timeline of every Robocop figure released just to show how lucky we are we got what we got, and no its not being kind cause he just came out, like Bo Shrek said, not at all I don't have the figure yet, but I had the first one, and this is a vast improvement on that or any other Robocop I've ever had before, in person it must look even better from what people are saying in here.
I don't think anyone's disagreeing that this isn't the best Robocop figure ever made. And we've all read the "Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different" disclaimer. But generally speaking, for about the past 4 years Hot Toys has been very good at delivering product that comes very close to the prototype originally shown; as in, without comparing the two side by side it would be very difficult to spot the differences (apart from when the headsculpts sometimes come out soft). But, I don't recall Hot Toys ever showing a prototype that was one color and shipping product that was a different color before (someone correct me if I'm wrong there).

They don't just send the prototype over to the factory and see what comes out the other end 12 months later; as I understand it, the artists, painters and sculptors work with the factory to ensure their work comes across as much as possible in the final product. They'll do tests, create new paint techniques if need-be, etc. That's part of why these things take so damn long to actually release after announcement. Which is why it surprises me that the Hot Toys team took a look at the chrome Robocop production tests and said, "yup that'll do, ship 'em!". And it's not a case of ignorance on their part;we know they know what color it's supposed to be because they nailed it with the prototype.

:goodpost::exactly: after my experience with Robocop I agree, its unfair how they treat people who ordered this almost a year ago.
A year? Try 530 days ago :impatient::crying

View attachment 146052

Got mine in from Sideshow!! Seems like I'm the last of the lucky few who was able to get one of the first shipment... Anyway, I quite like him. I'm a TAD disappointed in his sun tan. But other than that(and that isn't even a huge deal), he's great. And yeah, he is a bit sliver. He matched up quite nicely with the endo stood up next to him. But BOY is he a far cry from the Ultra Police figure that I had as a kid. So overall I couldn't be happier, even though my setup isn't as fancy as many of you guys' on here.

Horrible setup man!!! Just kidding. Figure looks great. Kinda has a presence between his smaller counterparts. I’m just soooo much on the fence between this and the BD……decisions decisions!!!

View attachment 146052

congrats
I was actually surprised that the tan bothered me as well but overall, robo is awesome!

Has any one tried him holding both guns to dual wield? Is it possible with the diecast gun?

Yeah he can hold the die-cast gun, Its a bit of a pain trying to get those articulated fingers in place. I find the gun often wont hold in his hand, as someone has mentioned, I would of liked an extra set of sculpted gun holding hands.

Back