Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a matter of "replicating perfection", the silver base just needs to be a couple of shades darker is all. Pearlescent paintjobs are pretty, but they're not amazingly complicated.

That's what I was thinking as well. A gray candy would do the trick without leaving behind the glimmer of a pearl. Though a little too dark this is a gray candy over what looks like a silver base.

graycandy.jpg

If transparent purple hues are doable a more accurate color should have been too.

That means don't leave Robo, for any length of time, in anything other than a museum pose!
I'd rather not have my figures than have to leave them in museum pose. I think he'll do fine with sitting in the chair.

Not mine. Found these one facebook. Not sure if they've been posted here.
Those are outstanding, thanks for posting them here!

That's what I was thinking as well. A gray candy would do the trick without leaving behind the glimmer of a pearl. Though a little too dark this is a gray candy over what looks like a silver base.

View attachment 146011

If transparent purple hues are doable a more accurate color should have been too.

I've already posted the con pics, so no need to post them again. But, yep, HT had it but abandoned it for whatever reason.

I'd rather not have my figures than have to leave them in museum pose. I think he'll do fine with sitting in the chair.

I wouldn't, but to each his own.

Wait, wha-? You're a cool guy, Bo, but I'm not sure I follow ya.

HT couldn't give us this...

View attachment 146017

...because this?

View attachment 146018

We can’t assume that HT will get the 100% match with R2 colour (since they missed the mark with this release). Maybe just maybe HT was thinking of the "triple dip". How to get collectors who already dropped $600+ (regular and battle damaged) back for a third time. If the regular release is way to silver perhaps we don’t make the R2 way too blue? Lets tone it down a bit? I’m just thinking out load here. Makes sense in a way though right??

I wish Hot Toys could be like Extended Edition LOTR or Hobbit Blu rays….being informative and detailed!
Is Prototype pending all they need as defense to shield themselves from the final product colour and even the amount of die cast? I don’t know the answer to this.

We all love Robocop. We have been anticipating and wanting this figure to arrive in our homes for a long time. In our excitement are we being too forgiving? Could you filter past the colour of HULK if he was blue? I like this Robocop. I might end up getting it. But I know half of me might be saying “DAMMIT it could have been so much better if it was….."

hey yankeesfanboy, i really appreciate you putting my video up. thanks buddy.:duff:duff

Just use the magnet that came with the figure, and you can find out what parts are metal. I did
Sent from The MaSSaCrE ArTiStRy AsyLuM using Tapatalk

hey yankeesfanboy, i really appreciate you putting my video up. thanks buddy.:duff:duff

Thanks, brother! :duff I should've checked with you first if it was cool, but I thought you had a lot of new, interesting, informative things to say, especially with regards to paint and the rubber joints. So up it went. :lol

We can’t assume that HT will get the 100% match with R2 colour (since they missed the mark with this release). Maybe just maybe HT was thinking of the "triple dip". How to get collectors who already dropped $600+ (regular and battle damaged) back for a third time. If the regular release is way to silver perhaps we don’t make the R2 way too blue? Lets tone it down a bit? I’m just thinking out load here. Makes sense in a way though right??

I wish Hot Toys could be like Extended Edition LOTR or Hobbit Blu rays….being informative and detailed!
Is Prototype pending all they need as defense to shield themselves from the final product colour and even the amount of die cast? I don’t know the answer to this.

We all love Robocop. We have been anticipating and wanting this figure to arrive in our homes for a long time. In our excitement are we being too forgiving? Could you filter past the colour of HULK if he was blue? I like this Robocop. I might end up getting it. But I know half of me might be saying “DAMMIT it could have been so much better if it was….."

Man, they totally had the paint down right on the prototype, didn't they? Even under that flash photo on the left, it looks the proper gun-metal grey color instead of the bright polished chrome that we got.

It seems like with too many HT releases, no matter how great they are, there's a caveat, a "Yeah, but," that's somewhere in there. Even the DX09 - one of the best figures in the company's history - had that visible, ugly, seam in the back of the head for the PERS.

Yes, HT smoked it with the prototype, nailing both the color and look of the armor and the skin tone. I wouldn't mind if HT tried to replicate both in production and failed, either due to complications in the process or the costs involved. Maybe it's a whole different reason altogether.

But if we ever find out HT knew it couldn't do any of that from the very beginning and bandied about that Manna-From-Heaven prototype anyway, I'll be friggin' pissed.

Just use the magnet that came with the figure, and you can find out what parts are metal. I did
Sent from The MaSSaCrE ArTiStRy AsyLuM using Tapatalk

And did you discover anything that hasn't previously been listed? Not that it matters I guess. lol Just curious.

Yeah, I mean really if people think you can't pose the figure, then those people really have grounds for not owning it. If it doesn't even function, why buy it?

Rubber on the ED-209 deteriorates and that's not because it's a moving part, it's because of the material. So if you've got RoboCop, there's no reason not to pose him. If you're terrified to do it, save your money and pass on the fig I reckon :)

I never said you couldn't pose it. I meant that it may not make sense to leave it in anything other than a neutral pose for an extended period of time. :slap

For those of you who are in the same boat as me and are still waiting on SS to ship your Robo here's the response I got today:

We expect to receive another shipment of the Robocop figures by the end of this month, but we do not yet have a firm date from Hot Toys.

So....maybe we'll get it in time for Christmas! 😡

Got mine last night.

Love.

It.

:clap

Easily the Figure of the Year for me. Beautiful.

My only gripe is the lack of a molded gun hand, but that's minor.

I may be in the minority on the color issue (or at least in the camp that hasn't been terribly vocal on the boards) but I think the color is great. I've never been a huge fan of the blues and purples -- even in the movie -- so having a more silver/gray Robo is just fine by me. That said, mine does have some fairly obvious touches of both colors.

Anyhow, he's my favorite figure of the year. Well done, HT. Well done.

For those of you who are in the same boat as me and are still waiting on SS to ship your Robo here's the response I got today:

We expect to receive another shipment of the Robocop figures by the end of this month, but we do not yet have a firm date from Hot Toys.

So....maybe we'll get it in time for Christmas! ��
Thanks for the update, Pocobor. That's really frustrating. Think I'm done pre-ordering figures as there's apparently no advantage whatsoever.

Mine just processed. Hope this thing is worth the wait. I turned around and sold my Silver Cent right away.

Mine too! Got the email about five minutes after I posted here. Says they should have it in about 12 days.

Back