Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, maybe because Peter Weller will not allow that :gah:

I cant understand this, how can someone not want a figure made of themself?
Peter weller will always be remembered for robocop, he should give in already.
I mean how cool would it be to have your own figure and be like " Hey thats me! I look great! " :dunno

my spidey sense tells me there will be a re-release on the horizon with removable helmet with a fully sculpted face

Separate head sculpt maybe but no removable helmet. They couldn't figure how to do that realistically in the film, they sure as hell won't be able to do it for the figure without it looking weird and compromising details. You only need to see HT's Robo3 for proof of that.

I mean how cool would it be to have your own figure and be like " Hey thats me! I look great! " :dunno

Maybe he wants a lot of money for Hot Toys to make his face and Hot Toys feels that is not worth it. Wasn't the reason the 89 Joker cost so much because Jack Nicholson wanted a great deal of money for Hot Toys using his license to make his head sculpt? :dunno

Maybe he wants a lot of money for Hot Toys to make his face and Hot Toys feels that is not worth it. Wasn't the reason the 89 Joker cost so much because Jack Nicholson wanted a great deal of money for Hot Toys using his license to make his head sculpt? :dunno

That would make sense still lame though. :(

I don't know if I should preorder the HT robo or wait for enterbay to release pics of their version and then decide.I am concerned about what enterbay will charge though, how much will the 1/4 go for?

Probably expect another $100. $400 sounds about right considering it's a larger scale and with move functions.
I'm hoping Enterbay won't be over charging this one. The T800s from the Terminator2 series seems to be within a reasonable price point.

Some people just want to keep their lives private. Just because they have to show their face with their job doesn't mean they would do anything for money.
But I have a feeling we might see a without helmet Murphy head sculpt. Enterbay seems to be hinting that.

I agree, If I was him I would like a figure of my self even if Hot Toys would not accept my offer, I would be willing to negotiate, especially if I was just a b grade actor and washed up now. He should take what he can get.

IMO we can only speculate what really happens behind closed doors. Maybe Peter Weller doesn't care about the money and just don't want his face to be done in 1/6 for some reasons, or maybe he cares for more money. Maybe it's HT that didn't bother to talk to him at all, thinking that they could save some likeness rights fees, throw in some die cast and sounds, and bam! a $300 but nonetheless great-looking Robocop figure. Or maybe HT's already got it, keeps it secret as a strategy, makes us buy this first, then bam! BD removable helmet face reveal version AND a TF Exclusive Alex Murphy pre-Robo exclusive like SWAT Jim Gordon.

I heard Weller's into arts. If he still has't seen a museum-quality figure like HTs or EBs, then maybe he'd appreciate them when he sees one.

Last edited:
Probably expect another $100. $400 sounds about right considering it's a larger scale and with move functions.
I'm hoping Enterbay won't be over charging this one. The T800s from the Terminator2 series seems to be within a reasonable price point.

EB's first T800 was around $340 (EB direct) before shipping. Joker and Batman was $360. BD T800 at $375.

With additional R&D for the mechanisms, opening leg holster that Bill says would use new technology, and I heard there'd be sounds too, plus the longer they take before they launch it the more they think they could get away with some price increase -- EB's Robo could be between $400-420, even with less accessories compared to BD T800.

I'd hate to spend $300 plus shipping on this and then they go and release a BD version, it's too much coin to get messed around.

Some BD parts and the alternate Weller head sculpt would have made this even more amazing.

Surely HT have concealed the speakers well? Sound chips are tacky imo.

EB's first T800 was around $340 (EB direct) before shipping. Joker and Batman was $360. BD T800 at $375.

With additional R&D for the mechanisms, opening leg holster that Bill says would use new technology, and I heard there'd be sounds too, plus the longer they take before they launch it the more they think they could get away with some price increase -- EB's Robo could be between $400-420, even with less accessories compared to BD T800.

To be fair, it's hard to compare accessories. Robocop only has swappable hands and a pistol. I don't think Enterbay will offer swappable battle damage chest piece and helmet piece. T800 has a hell lot more weapons to be included.

On Enterbay's facebook update. It says that their 1:4 Robocop will feature a remote control function for the leg holster to open and close with sound features. And also a electronic motors for turning the neck. Let's hope it's still be priced in the $400-420 range with no surprises(QC)

To be fair, it's hard to compare accessories. Robocop only has swappable hands and a pistol. I don't think Enterbay will offer swappable battle damage chest piece and helmet piece. T800 has a hell lot more weapons to be included.

On Enterbay's facebook update. It says that their 1:4 Robocop will feature a remote control function for the leg holster to open and close with sound features. And also a electronic motors for turning the neck. Let's hope it's still be priced in the $400-420 range with no surprises(QC)

LOL that's what I said

EB's Robo could be between $400-420, even with less accessories compared to BD T800

because I know that Robo would most probably have a few hands, the spiked hand and a pistol. EB might go the T800 route anyway and do a separate BD Robocop.

We both hope that it would be $400-420 though, which is still a conservative guess IMO, so cheers buddy :duff

IMO we can only speculate what really happens behind closed doors. Maybe Peter Weller doesn't care about the money and just don't want his face to be done in 1/6 for some reasons, or maybe he cares for more money. Maybe it's HT that didn't bother to talk to him at all, thinking that they could save some likeness rights fees, throw in some die cast and sounds, and bam! a $300 but nonetheless great-looking Robocop figure. Or maybe HT's already got it, keeps it secret as a strategy, makes us buy this first, then bam! BD removable helmet face reveal version AND a TF Exclusive Alex Murphy pre-Robo exclusive like SWAT Jim Gordon.

I heard Weller's into arts. If he still has't seen a museum-quality figure like HTs or EBs, then maybe he'd appreciate them when he sees one.

Yeah I was just offering an explanation of course it is just pure speculation.

Diecast is perfect for this figure, it just adds to the quality for me.

:exactly:

I have no problems with diecast other than the cost of course. I do not really consider it a gimmick like others do. This is because you making a product that is a higher quality collectable, rather than something that is made out of cheap plastic. I think it also makes it look more realistic to.

On Enterbay's facebook update. It says that their 1:4 Robocop will feature a remote control function for the leg holster to open and close with sound features. And also a electronic motors for turning the neck.

Now that I have to see to believe. I think those sound features are ok but sounds features of the figure talking without his lips moving is on the borderline for a children's toy and thus, another gimmick. Hot Toys needs to resist using gimmicks and just produce figures that look nice, which evidently this one does. :yess:

Man, I'm depressed that I pulled the trigger so soon at SSC. Seems like there's a bunch of shops now offering this considerably cheaper without NRD.

I guess the bright side is that SSC gets everything first, right?

Yeah I was just offering an explanation of course it is just pure speculation.

I have no problems with diecast other than the cost of course. I do not really consider it a gimmick like others do. This is because you making a product that is a higher quality collectable, rather than something that is made out of cheap plastic. I think it also makes it look more realistic to.

Now that I have to see to believe. I think those sound features are ok but sounds features of the figure talking without his lips moving is on the borderline for a children's toy and thus, another gimmick. Hot Toys needs to resist using gimmicks and just produce figures that look nice, which evidently this one does. :yess:

It's all good, man :1-1:

As for the die-cast, I am one of those who think that this figure would look just as good and realistic with high-quality plastic. Lerath666 provided an in-depth explanation of what die-cast is a few pages back.

With EB's remote controlled sounds and mechanisms, a lot of collectors are in doubt if EB can guarantee those QC free. As we all know, while their sculpts are sooooo good, they get plagued by QC issues as is (I'm glad though that my EBs are QC free), so I can't blame those who doubt EB's ambitious steps on trying to make their Robo exceed the fans' expectations. My BD T800's endo-eye keeps lighting up by itself, and I'm not alone on that experience. Good thing it shuts off automatically after 20 seconds, and is not annoying at all. Now a Robocop with a more complicated mechanism of leg holster that opens and closes on itself would be something else. Telling collectors to just take the batteries off and not use the feature just proves that it's a feature that they could have done without in the first place and lessen the price.

Back