Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold my 12 inch BD Mcfarlane Robocop as soon as HT said they are making one. That was so long ago. Preordered this for ~$250, and now the wait...

Man, I'm depressed that I pulled the trigger so soon at SSC. Seems like there's a bunch of shops now offering this considerably cheaper without NRD.

I guess the bright side is that SSC gets everything first, right?

That is correct.
Also, SSC offers Flexpay, so there's that if you don't want all that money hitting you at once.

It's all good, man :1-1:

That's good to hear!

:duff

As for the die-cast, I am one of those who think that this figure would look just as good and realistic with high-quality plastic. Lerath666 provided an in-depth explanation of what die-cast is a few pages back.

Oh I am sure it can look just as good but I like diecast because it is heavier and I feel like I have a miniature Robocop in my hand and not a cheap light plastic toy. However, that is just personal preference, once it is on the shelf it is not going to look really any different because it is heavy than if it was made out of cheap plastic.

With EB's remote controlled sounds and mechanisms, a lot of collectors are in doubt if EB can guarantee those QC free. As we all know, while their sculpts are sooooo good, they get plagued by QC issues as is (I'm glad though that my EBs are QC free), so I can't blame those who doubt EB's ambitious steps on trying to make their Robo exceed the fans' expectations. My BD T800's endo-eye keeps lighting up by itself, and I'm not alone on that experience. Good thing it shuts off automatically after 20 seconds, and is not annoying at all. Now a Robocop with a more complicated mechanism of leg holster that opens and closes on itself would be something else. Telling collectors to just take the batteries off and not use the feature just proves that it's a feature that they could have done without in the first place and lessen the price.

Which is why I will believe it when I see it. I really doubt they will be able to accomplish it and I agree if they did then that would probably be a high chance for QC problems. Yeah Enterbay sculpts are amazing but if the rest of the product is faulty and falls a part then that ruins the entire figure no matter how good their figure looks.

Looking at the pics of all these Robo figures is providing DX13 levels of excitement. These are the best Robo products I've ever seen.

I think that the die-cast part is the only thing that I'm not totally digging/sold on. We shall see, I guess.

Otherwise, these are fantastic to me!

Which is why I will believe it when I see it. I really doubt they will be able to accomplish it and I agree if they did then that would probably be a high chance for QC problems. Yeah Enterbay sculpts are amazing but if the rest of the product is faulty and falls a part then that ruins the entire figure no matter how good their figure looks.

Yes, with the 23 away Jordan QC problem that has been going on and the way they treat their customers as well...
I just can't rely on companies like that, it doesn't help that I'm not into 1/4 figures either.:slap

These proto type pics are killer - but seriously what is with the die cast? why do we need that extra feature

I owned the robocop 3 with the gun arm, the figure was honestly amazing - the paint job was top notch

and the price of these? $430 for the chair version?

the cheese has fallen off the cracker my friends

These proto type pics are killer - but seriously what is with the die cast? why do we need that extra feature?

It will certainly be heavy and hopefully not chip as easily as most die-cast I've ever encountered.

The voice chip doesn't bother me, but the die-cast.....we shall see.

Looking at the pictures, it looks to me like the black parts of Robo are the diecast. I think the armor is plastic. No way a die cast BD chestpiece can have that much detail, and no way would something that heavy stay on fastened like that. If you look at the black torso area, there's really no detail, but then again, there's no need for detail there.

The chair looks great, too. Almost makes me want to switch my order to get the mechanical chair.

Thanks for posting the photo here. I saw it on Fb. Indeed a good figure. I personally don't approve of some add-ons, but this is the best 1/6 Robocop figure so far, and I'd be damned if I don't get one.

I just realized that if the torso would be die-cast, I might not use the pole and crotch grabber of the stand. I might not even consider C-stand an option.

Very nice. But I feel like I do not know what I am getting for $300. Meaning the die cast. Not familiar with this material in 1/6.

Back