Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if this has been posted before
Looks so good!

[ame="https://youtu.be/G2Of3MpvpiU"]Window-display Robocop and ED-209[/ame]

Very nice. But I feel like I do not know what I am getting for $300. Meaning the die cast. Not familiar with this material in 1/6.

It WOULD be nice to know EXACTLY wht material they are using for Diecast.

I'm expecting standard Zinc, However, given how inexpensive Alluminum Diecasting has become, they MGIGHT be going with that.

which would essentialy negate any weight issues, they wouldn't really weigh any more than the plastic versions....

It WOULD be nice to know EXACTLY wht material they are using for Diecast.

I'm expecting standard Zinc, However, given how inexpensive Alluminum Diecasting has become, they MGIGHT be going with that.

which would essentialy negate any weight issues, they wouldn't really weigh any more than the plastic versions....

would that mean they'd be fragile and easily bended?

would that mean they'd be fragile and easily bended?

It really shouldn't. not any more than standard diecast anyways.

as a point of reference, Aircraft landing gear is made from aluminum.

Bravo Sideshow. They didn't even allow Alterego to get a discount on this guy.

Why are they restricting the retailers so much? What's the point?

https://www.alteregocomics.com/robocop.html

My guess? ****ty economy. they want as many people as possible to buy direct through them.

It really shouldn't. not any more than standard diecast anyways.

as a point of reference, Aircraft landing gear is made from aluminum.

My guess? ****ty economy. they want as many people as possible to buy direct through them.

But it makes no sense..Alterego and BBTS are direct retailers for Sideshow. They don't allow them to give out a discount anymore and people don't want to buy from SSC because of their NRD. They're basically shooting themselves in the foot. It's ridiculous. If they're going to be so strict about it, might as well just close off any retailer and just force people to buy only from SSC.

The only thing that could make this better is a full face head sculpt of robo with mask off and a murphy cop prerobo head sculpt and cop uniform not the chair then I would feel like a perfect deluxe robocop. Hopefully they will give us a murphy later on...

I preordered, but i still think a Peter Weller portrait should have been included. They should also include the Cobra assault cannon

Bravo Sideshow. They didn't even allow Alterego to get a discount on this guy.

Why are they restricting the retailers so much? What's the point?

https://www.alteregocomics.com/robocop.html

Sideshow is restricting the discount that retailers can charge because they want all the business. I am sure they were losing a sizable percentage of business to retailers who were offering a discounted price and now that has been rectified as far as Sideshow is concerned. They have become the bully on the block and are hamstringing their retailer network.

I don't like Sideshow's new tactics and only buy from them when I can't get what I want from another source.

Every figure with die cast on it should come with a chair. Die cast can be heavy and they should be allowed to sit down every once in a while! :)

I saw that... bummer as I planned to go with AE on this. But now I guess I'll stick with Sideshow since the 5% RP will make it the better deal.

But it makes no sense..Alterego and BBTS are direct retailers for Sideshow. They don't allow them to give out a discount anymore and people don't want to buy from SSC because of their NRD. They're basically shooting themselves in the foot. It's ridiculous. If they're going to be so strict about it, might as well just close off any retailer and just force people to buy only from SSC.

Except that would be a monopoly, which isn't legal.
This way, they reap the same benefits of a monopoly, while staing on the good side of the law.

Except that would be a monopoly, which isn't legal.
This way, they reap the same benefits of a monopoly, while staing on the good side of the law.
Not liking the direction they've been going. Pretty sad really.

Now I'm stuck with having to order at SSC. :slap

Not liking the direction they've been going. Pretty sad really.

Now I'm stuck with having to order at SSC. :slap

I think Sideshow is also restricting how many units of a given item their retail network can sell. I have seen posts in other threads where some retailers told collectors that their allotment of HT orders from Sideshow have been severely reduced in recent months. None of these tactics Sideshow has implemented bodes well for collectors imo.

I put an order in for both Robocop and Ed-209 at shopafx. Cheapest price I could find - 8% discount from sideshow's price.

I put an order in for both Robocop and Ed-209 at shopafx. Cheapest price I could find - 8% discount from sideshow's price.
Are they located in the states or oversea? Thinking about placing my order from them since they have it the cheapest.

I think Sideshow is also restricting how many units of a given item their retail network can sell. I have seen posts in other threads where some retailers told collectors that their allotment of HT orders from Sideshow have been severely reduced in recent months. None of these tactics Sideshow has implemented bodes well for collectors imo.

I'd chalk that up to sideshow attempting to go after the aftermarket.
people pay crazy money for some of the older releases.. so sideshow now wants that money instead.

Hmm... Yet... i can go into the for sale section rightnow.. and get many recent, sold out hot toys releases for CLOSE to original retail, many months after they've sold out....with ease.. its as if... the market is getting flooded as prices go up...

why does this seem so familiar...

oh... right... comics in the 90's.

Back