Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, it's been a while since I watched it, so I should probably pick it up on blu and report back once I've seen it again. The writing and satire I guess do make it a cut above most action/sci-fi movies but it just never resonated with me the way some other movies did. I don't feel it has the depth of something like Blade Runner, say, which to my mind said more with less dialog and without hitting you over the head with it. Might be some of the campy acting by the villains that brings it down a little for me.

Robocop is in my top 5 favourite movies list easily. Everyone I know that has seen it loves it and how could you not -

Brilliant score - Check
Cool looking good guy - Check
badass sidekick - Check
believable baddies - Check
parallels real life - Check
lots of blood and violence- Check
memorable and often quoted one-liners - Check

I could go on and on......................

I will watch the new one but there is no chance from what I have seen that this will have a lasting legacy like the original had.

Edit: And seriously? One of the finest movies ever made? Not even a sci-fi qualifier? :p C'mon, it's not the goddamn Godfather, for ****'s sakes. :lol

Why not? :dunno Robocop is a crap Mafia film. But then Godfather is a crap sci-fi/cyborg film. They're both at the top of their genres. And I don't see why one genre is superior to the other.

Brilliant score - Check
Cool looking good guy - Check
badass sidekick - Check
believable baddies - Check
parallels real life - Check
lots of blood and violence- Check
memorable and often quoted one-liners - Check

I could go on and on......................
I covered the important things pretty well up a few posts - but yes.. the one liners are just as important.

They'll outlast all of us. :lol

Why not? :dunno Robocop is a crap Mafia film. But then Godfather is a crap sci-fi/cyborg film. They're both at the top of their genres. And I don't see why one genre is superior to the other.
Like Vintij, I agree with you on a lot, but not really here. To your point about genres, that's why I took a bit of issue with Sidious-66 describing Robo as one of the finest movies ever made. Maybe one of the better sci-fi movies, but if you're including all movies then no. It's way, way down the list if we're including serious dramas and the like, IMO.

Like Vintij, I agree with you on a lot, but not really here. To your point about genres, that's why I took a bit of issue with Sidious-66 describing Robo as one of the finest movies ever made. Maybe one of the better sci-fi movies, but if you're including all movies then no. It's way, way down the list if we're including serious dramas and the like, IMO.

I read your later post where it seems you don't put Robocop at the top of the sci-fi genre, I guess putting Bladerunner up there instead.

Different strokes I suppose. I enjoy the music and visuals of that film only.

I just don't like to see the scifi genre put down and serious drama elevated. There's enough of that from the academy. IMO the best scifi film is as good as the best crime-drama film.

I think it's a really good movie. It's one that I can watch over and over. But IMO it's still not up there with other 80s classics . Such as Terminator, Die Hard, or Top Gun. Not by a long shot.

Last edited:
See.. I'm a huge Terminator 1 fan, but again I have to say I disagree. T1 - while it has some subtext, is much more a visceral film than anything, whereas RoboCop is much more than that - it's like an onion with layers.

Both have a ton of heart behind them though - that's unbeatable value right there. :duff

Robocop is one of the finest movies ever made and to say it was only a cool fun 80s movie is really an insult but your opinion no less.

Nearly 30 years on and it would not look out of place in todays environment in fact it has an almost 100% reference to todays world as it did to the world back in the eighties.

A timeless classic from top to bottom, start to finish. I'm sorry but the remake will not even grace the original on any level.

:goodpost: Well put nuff said.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :lecture

People that understand the history of the original film properly - & it's legacy, get why this remake is utterly useless.

There's simply no substantial point to it's existence - other than being a vehicle for revenue. :lol

:exactly: Right again, i mean the crappy sequels and tv show already proved that the original cannot be outdone.

I mean so much was achieved with the original despite a foreign director and low budget, they didnt have million dollar cgi effects back then.

Last edited:
I was younger back then but I actually liked the short-lived TV series w/ Richard Eden and Yvette Nipar (Madigan was so hot!). I remember Pudface Morgan being the first baddie and then there was an episode I think with Commander Cash or some "superhero" that I really liked. The opening theme song was catchy too! :yess:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00p0LNZOpw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00p0LNZOpw[/ame]

I remember Pudface pegwarming every Kay Bee toy store in the tri-state area.

Oh cmon the tv show was cheesey bad, the guy the got for robo was really short and the villians were so bad.
I think one of them was called bonecrusher :lol

Never said it wasn't bad or cheesy, just said it was something I watched in my earlier years that I enjoyed. Nothing wrong with that I don't think since everyone has their favorites and dislikes. I know people who thought Power Rangers or Lois and Clark was crappy and childish but I enjoyed those and I was in my early 20s then. :yess: To each their own I guess.

I have Robo pre-ordered with a coupon, and I'm hoping ED-209 doesn't sell out yet so I can accumulate a few more reward points to get him ~$400 cheaper.

Back