Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never said it wasn't bad or cheesy, just said it was something I watched in my earlier years that I enjoyed. Nothing wrong with that I don't think since everyone has their favorites and dislikes. I know people who thought Power Rangers or Lois and Clark was crappy and childish but I enjoyed those and I was in my early 20s then. :yess: To each their own I guess.

Its cool if u like it, it had a few decent parts like the black unit 2 that had 2 guns.
Also the hot chicks with cloaking.

Its cool if u like it, it had a few decent parts like the black unit 2 that had 2 guns.
Also the hot chicks with cloaking.

Bloody hell, I don't even remember any of that... it really must've been that bad... LOL

I seem to only remember the 1st episode and the Commander Cash one. I guess I enjoyed the series due to the nostalgia of the movie, but the show was clearly aimed at a PG audience of kids.

Bloody hell, I don't even remember any of that... it really must've been that bad... LOL

I seem to only remember the 1st episode and the Commander Cash one. I guess I enjoyed the series due to the nostalgia of the movie, but the show was clearly aimed at a PG audience of kids.

Yeah near the middle one of murphy's old cop pals from his past gets murdered and made into unit 2 against his will.
They give him a dual targeting system so he can use 2 guns, he also sports a cooler black suit.

Near the end him and robo team up and have awesome shoot-out against the bad guys.
Yes unfortunately the show doesn't get good till the end but the 1st half of PD is so bad it's hard to sit through. :slap

^^^ Oh, I think I remember seeing parts of Prime Directive once on TV because I remember an "evil" Robocop, but never saw the whole thing. The show I was thinking about was the 94-95 series which was separate from Prime Directive, which came years after I think. Nevertheless, the former only got 1 season and I only heard poor reviews of Prime Directive so I guess they failed in expanding the Robocop franchise beyond the films. I liked the concept and idea for Robocop 3 but I didn't enjoy it much, also probably because they went the PG-13 route, plus Robert Burke couldn't fill Peter Weller's shoes, I mean who could?

I mean so much was achieved with the original despite a foreign director and low budget, they didnt have million dollar cgi effects back then.
That was the BEAUTY of the project - not a hindrance. I think you've missed my earlier points entirely.. :lol

Oh - & I established the debate for the positive - S66 was the support. :duff

That was the BEAUTY of the project - not a hindrance. I think you've missed my earlier points entirely.. :lol

Oh - & I established the debate for the positive - S66 was the support. :duff

:slap What the **** are you talking about? I was praising the original for not relying on big budget/big CGI effects and how Verhoeven
despite being foreign is a great visionary director. I think you're the one who missed the point :cuckoo:

^^^ Oh, I think I remember seeing parts of Prime Directive once on TV because I remember an "evil" Robocop, but never saw the whole thing. The show I was thinking about was the 94-95 series which was separate from Prime Directive, which came years after I think. Nevertheless, the former only got 1 season and I only heard poor reviews of Prime Directive so I guess they failed in expanding the Robocop franchise beyond the films. I liked the concept and idea for Robocop 3 but I didn't enjoy it much, also probably because they went the PG-13 route, plus Robert Burke couldn't fill Peter Weller's shoes, I mean who could?

Yeah you and i were thinking about 2 different tv shows, i guess i never saw the 94' version.
That opening was actually pretty good why couldn't i have seen that one! Stupid PD :gah:

:slap What the **** are you talking about? I was praising the original for not relying on big budget/big CGI effects and how Verhoeven
despite being foreign is a great visionary director. I think you're the one who missed the point :cuckoo:
Me? :lol Hardly. Let's not go down the tit for tat road.. I actually wasn't trying to have a go at you. :wink1:

What you've reiterated unnecessarily, implies these things were hindrances, or stumbling blocks - hence me calling you out on using the word -> 'despite'. There's no despite.

Having a foreign director for example, was an absolute advantage to the film's success. Tastefully used practical effects etc, shored up the foundations further.

That was the gist of my post. :)

Last edited:
I hope they make figures from the new RoboCop too.
It will be good guys, dont worry ... I hope they come up with the new robo figures...
Too many people judge things too soon. Just because it's a reboot.
It doesn't need to be better then the first one to still be a good movie.
don't judge so fast, and that goes for anything in life. :lecture:yess:

Ignore list material right there :wave

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :lecture

People that understand the history of the original film properly - & it's legacy, get why this remake is utterly useless.

There's simply no substantial point to it's existence - other than being a vehicle for revenue. :lol
as for me, i talk only about the design. it's ****ty as hell.
i don't have to judge an idea of remaking popular movies for one summer money because that idea is stupid and proved stupid many times already.
i would also like to ask what the hell stupid remake fans do flooding the robocop thread with their crap, but the answer is totally understandable - they just fit the level of their fanbase.

Ignore list material right there :wave

I dont about that but 1 of those comments kinda bugs me, the one about a reboot not needing to be better.
Isn't that the point of re-doing something to try and do it better? If you're not trying to improve anything by re-doing it then why bother.

Me? :lol Hardly. Let's not go down the tit for tat road.. I actually wasn't trying to have a go at you. :wink1:

What you've reiterated unnecessarily, implies these things were hindrances, or stumbling blocks - hence me calling you out on using the word -> 'despite'. There's no despite.

Having a foreign director for example, was an absolute advantage to the film's success. Tastefully used practical effects etc, shored up the foundations further.

That was the gist of my post. :)

as for me, i talk only about the design. it's ****ty as hell.
i don't have to judge an idea of remaking popular movies for one summer money because that idea is stupid and proved stupid many times already.
i would also like to ask what the hell stupid remake fans do flooding the robocop thread with their crap, but the answer is totally understandable - they just fit the level of their fanbase.

robocop.gif

anything.
alright.
if you see a dog crap on a road, don't judge dog's master for leaving crap where people walk, taste it first. that dog could have eaten a nice big stake right before, you might like the remake.

Hmm... It could be a service dog accompanying a person who is not blessed with sight!.... Again, dont judge too fast. Life will teach you a lot of things. I would say "kiddo" but like i said wont judge ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back